Aug 25, 2015, 05:29 AM
Dave
Have a look at Deet96 on youtube. He has done a lot of videos on the knife. Try that. I can't help much with the lost buzzer, I use a Loc8tor for my quads. Hope this helps.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2015, 11:30 PM
multiwiicopter team pilot
I got the opportunity recently to go on an amazing 4wd trek through the southern tasmanian wilderness to the top of Pelverata falls in the Huon Valley region. It was a stunning day and great adventure with good mates made all the better with explorations with the Scarab Knife 270. Have also been playing with the new xiaomi yi cam that has just come out. Its almost as good as a gopro at a third the price.
Scarab Knife 270 Pelverata Falls (3 min 49 sec)
Aug 30, 2015, 07:15 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosvontrapp
I got the opportunity recently to go on an amazing 4wd trek through the southern tasmanian wilderness to the top of Pelverata falls in the Huon Valley region. It was a stunning day and great adventure with good mates made all the better with explorations with the Scarab Knife 270. Have also been playing with the new xiaomi yi cam that has just come out. Its almost as good as a gopro at a third the price. https://youtu.be/sEtCpJCZUf4
Great piloting... tree/bush branches get me a lot more than they do you...

Ever tried a Mobius?

Do you think the xiaomi yi is better?
Aug 30, 2015, 09:39 PM
I didn't get much flying in due to needing to paint my house this weekend but I did get a sneaky flight in whilst waiting for paint to dry. I also tried some HQ5.4 bullnose props and man they really aren't very balanced. I don't normally balance mini props but these ones really had to be.
Scarab Knife Beach time fun (2 min 10 sec)
Oct 21, 2015, 04:36 AM
multiwiicopter team pilot
Had some fun times with doing this one with captain average. Definitely a nice spot to fly
Scarab Knife 270 Kangaroo Bluff Fort (3 min 47 sec)
Oct 21, 2015, 08:05 PM
oh yeah - good to see those new Rev3-DAL red props on your Scarab Knife 270 taking a smacking and still going for the next battery Karl - beautiful smooooth flying as always from the master of Van Diemen's Land on a windy day
Oct 31, 2015, 12:43 AM

Scarab™ Knife 270 is updated

The Scarab™ Knife 270 airframe is revised across all model effective today - updates to the Knife 270mm include
• Full Scarab™ GoPro4/Yi pivot mount, included
• Revised camera gello plate ; screw access and pressure reduction
• additional FPV rear mount point
• flat decks 30mm ; or wedge 22/25/30mm build options

Scarab Knife 270 is designed for internal LiPo either cross-plane for pure FPV ; or internal rear LiPo to balance the C of G with a GoPro up front
Last edited by AlouetteIII; Dec 20, 2015 at 03:55 PM.
Dec 07, 2015, 11:22 AM
SILURIA / UK
Loving my Scarab Knife. my best 250/280 class frame by miles...

Looking to update the controller and noticed this one at an awesome price - they look like they are the new rev with a diode for blheli and 16mb for blackbox which is what I'm looking for for some testing. Just wanted someone to confirm.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...ller-australia
Dec 07, 2015, 04:16 PM
@shikra - confirmed - exactly what you said - correct ; they have the diode for CleanFlight bulk BLHeli interfacing and Blackbox 16Mb, yes
Dec 08, 2015, 07:32 AM
MultiWiiCopterPilot
Ok guys, if you haven't upgraded your knife to the 2206 Race-R motors yet then get on it. I now have the need for speed. Combined with the 60C New CarbonBird Race Lipos it is one quick combo. Caught up with a mate a while back and this was the first real time I had gone out with this setup. Love it.
Knife Racer CarbonBird Lipo 60C test (3 min 34 sec)
Dec 10, 2015, 07:12 PM
MultiWiiCopterPilot
I drive past this spot everyday after work and have never flown the Knife there till now. Awesome spot with a good variety of trees and obstacles to keep you alert. By the way....I am really loving Betaflight. If you haven't tried it then give it a go. Who here has tried it. Would be great to hear what you think?
Scarab Knife - Tree Topping (4 min 3 sec)
Dec 11, 2015, 04:03 PM
Sweet flying - loved the drop downs on your Knife270/Air32 at 1:58 and 3:07 - very smooth Greggsy ! Those 5x4.5 are the best match for the Red Knife too for those vertical 3D freestyle moves
Dec 19, 2015, 11:57 AM
Well, it took some late nights and some guess work but it's mostly done (no balancing of props or motors nor pitch setup yet) but the bulk of it's done now.

I enjoy but hate doing this because I end up being so pedantic about wiring and how it all looks. I think I got there in the end, I just hope there won't be any EMI problems with my lay out.

The Scarab Avatar is by far and away the best looking Tricopter out there by miles, Quinton has done an awesome job with the design of this, it's my favourite looking multirotor of anything out there regardless of how many motors, been wanting one for a long time.

Also have to add to that, the service and support from multiwiicopter has been amazing as always, really good to have an independent store like this to rely on when they've routinely gone above and beyond the sort of customer service I usually get, especially as someone who has worked sales a lot and is routinely pissed off at salespeople or companies giving me service so far below what I would normally have offered myself.

Anyway, this should be fairly visible in the air, if I can't tell it's orientation there is something seriously wrong. Mind you, when I picked up the LED's for the front headlights, I tried two; one of them was so bright I was blinded for a good few seconds, decided that while it would look cool to light up the entire neighbourhood, being frequently blinded might be detrimental to being able to fly.

Just hope I don't smash it all on my first few flights (good chance of that)

Dec 19, 2015, 03:34 PM
@suteki - holy batpoo dude - that has to be the neatest Scarab Avatar drone wiring Build i ever saw ! you got the "Best Build" award on wiring alone - respect for the effort and neatness is extreme ! Love the way you went for the point nose look - something i like myself too
Last edited by AlouetteIII; Dec 20, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
Dec 21, 2015, 11:29 AM
Great build, get out and fly it. That is what it is all about.

Ed