Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 24, 2003, 04:19 PM
CP140 NAVCOM

Postcards from Chilliwack- Summer 2003

Well, here it is....
For all those absent here you go.. The original forcast was for a 70% chance of showers... sure we'll go with that. Turned out to be great weather. The wind didn't pick up till about noon, and it wasn't so hot that you felt like you were baking as in past years. Attendance was down a bit from previous years (I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the fellows from BC's interior who usually come had a hose in hand sprinkling their houses). It was just right though... you usually didn'thave to wait long to get one of the coveted pink tags to go fly. There were some really neat planes there, but definately not as many as the Spring fly-in. Matt had his Vasa65 Avro Arrow all covered finally, but I never got a pic of it (that's how laid back it was! ). I'll let the rest of the pics do the talking...Till next Spring....
Last edited by knight of Ni; Aug 24, 2003 at 04:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2003, 04:20 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Here's everyone in attendance for the famous float fly...
Aug 24, 2003, 04:21 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Ivan with his PBY Cataylina
Aug 24, 2003, 04:23 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
The now infamous Mars Martin Waterbomber... Rumour had it that the BC Forrest Ministry called Ivan asking if they could borrow his Mars for duty in the Interior!
Aug 24, 2003, 04:24 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
and another... We did see this exact plane later in the day flying back from the interior across the valley from us.
Aug 24, 2003, 04:25 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Hal Norrish had a new Shorts Sealander out (I believe it's from Ivan's earlier design)

This would make for a really cool desktop....
Aug 24, 2003, 04:27 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
and another...a really cool looking plane in the air..
Aug 24, 2003, 04:28 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
just one more of this beauty..
Aug 24, 2003, 04:29 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
This is for Todd Long... This is how you're SUPPOSED to do it...but it still dunked itself on landing...cool none the less
Aug 24, 2003, 04:32 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
A fellow from Washington showed up in the afternoon with an Aeronaut F7F tigercat kit from Hobby Lobby (flew pretty well once they got the bugs worked out of it) and this Boeing which I didn't catch the name of (or the builder either..sorry.. if you're out there please make yourself known)
Aug 24, 2003, 04:36 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Burnaby Lake's club Project fot the centennial of powered flight, a DARE 1903 Wright Flyer, finally flew, well VERY scale like finally. It only flew for about 50-100' before landing (due to the wrong gearbox on the IPS's) looked very cool though
Aug 24, 2003, 04:38 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Zoran had a new creation to replace his now deceased slowflier of similar construction (don't ask...) Flew with authority, just like it's predacessor... This time he based the outlines on a SU-31
Aug 24, 2003, 04:42 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Well that's the end of what really happened on Saturday.. A couple more planes were sacrificed to the balsa gods (and one to the rotor gods, but it wasn't Glen finally..)

Again, if anyone wants any of the previous pics, e-mail me at knightofni1275@shaw.ca and I'll send you the originals (NB that each of the files is about 1 Mb so no Hotamail, Yahoo, or similar accounts will be able to recieve them)
Aug 24, 2003, 06:16 PM

Saturday at Chilliwack

I was only able to get up to Chilliwack for the day, but had a great time meeting and talking with folks there. Thanks to Ron for his hospitality in running this wonderful gathering!
Got in some flights and took some pictures--here's a shot of the pit area:
Aug 24, 2003, 06:23 PM

more pix

Al Gross' Ivan-built DeHavilland Comet

Quick Reply