Oct 14, 2011, 08:28 AM
Registerd Beaver
Hey Len, if you ever get to see a veteran bird close up, you'll see that they are incredibly bumpy and imperfection is the rule rather than the exception.

Don't let it play on your mind, within weeks of a perfect plane coming off the production line, they'd been exposed to the opposite end of the temperature scale and the panels were noticeable - yours will replicate that in detail.
I can't get that finish in the way I do mine as I sheet the whole thing over the outside. I'll never get a 'panel' finish.
But that's because I'm actually too lazy to in-fill the frames. I'm too keen to get them in the air to worry about scale detail.
We don't have any competitions over here near me to even give super-scale a second thought

Phil
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply