May 29, 2011, 07:50 AM
Heli Bouncer
Thread OP
Discussion

Watch out Punkie, Elway's coming for you.

Just a heads up, NFL footballer Hall-of-Famer John Elway is not pleased with the local punk band's moniker

Seems they have the same surname..

John Elway Sounds Sour Note About Band Same Name..

I like this comment from the band.

Quote:
"We have no intention of changing the name again. We love the name, regardless of what connotations are inferred by the listener. Surely, if the Dead Kennedys could become one of punk's most popular bands without incurring litigation, Elway can keep their moniker and continue making so-so music for our dozens of fans to enjoy."

So John, what's the problem here?
May 29, 2011, 08:01 AM
Get One Up!!!
What a divvy.

The problem would appear to be that one person is so divorced from reality that they seriously believe that they own the rights to the exclusive use of a common surname.
May 29, 2011, 08:06 AM
Restful User
Elway? I thought that he was one of the Blue Brothers...

--Bill
May 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
Get One Up!!!
It sounds like a cross between a chemical toilet and a unfeasibly naff two wheeled personal transport device.
May 29, 2011, 08:14 AM
Heli Bouncer
Thread OP
I thought that was Elwood, but..

Using 'Elwood' would probably bring down the Wrath of Universal pictures.
May 29, 2011, 08:16 AM
Heli Bouncer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
It sounds like a cross between a chemical toilet and a unfeasibly naff two wheeled personal transport device.
Lets be nice, Punkie is out working off some distaste for some naff comments on his two wheeled transport.
May 29, 2011, 08:18 AM
Get One Up!!!

+

May 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
Heli Bouncer
Thread OP
I see that Ferrari has now jumped on the alternative two wheeled transport bandwagon.
May 29, 2011, 08:31 AM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer

+

What do you call a Segway with a seat?
May 29, 2011, 08:33 AM
Restful User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooeeee!
I thought that was Elwood, but..

Using 'Elwood' would probably bring down the Wrath of Universal pictures.
Oh, so it is.

Nevermind.

May 29, 2011, 08:34 AM
Heli Bouncer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
What do you call a Segway with a seat?
If it had a chemical toilet mounted I think it would be called a "Slosh"
May 29, 2011, 09:59 AM
sensitive artsy type
Elway = ELevated roadWAY = EL-WAY

They could just ad another L in there, but make it real obvious, like a red paint stripe for the additional L in there, do their posters and cards, make it a trademark....

Ft. Collins is Colo. St. Probably some music majors starting a band on weekends? Might be split up when they graduate, or they could get famous and get a gig playing Mile High stadium...
May 29, 2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
Elway = ELevated roadWAY = EL-WAY

They could just ad another L in there, but make it real obvious, like a red paint stripe for the additional L in there, do their posters and cards, make it a trademark....

Ft. Collins is Colo. St. Probably some music majors starting a band on weekends? Might be split up when they graduate, or they could get famous and get a gig playing Mile High stadium...
Perhaps change to a more Latin sounding name, El Way. Someones got too much time on his hands with the lockout.
May 29, 2011, 10:04 AM
Starring as Devils Advocate
I read that story about the Band Elway and John Elways issues with the name which is just laughable. He's got nothing better to do? I agree with what the band said. If a band like The Dead Kennedy's can exhist without lawsuits then Elway will be just fine.
May 29, 2011, 10:11 AM
Suspended Account
Unless elway the person can prove that elway the band is trying to make people beleive that they are one and the same , I cant see where his problem is . Look at our happy little hobby here , for instance . One of our big companies is called "Horizon" ......... Got any guesses how many other companys use that name ? I searched just the name horizon on google and came up with everything from toy planes to carpet cleaning !

Quick Reply