May 26, 2020, 06:16 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx
Still using my tgy 9x but I have been out for a few years

Are there any 4 ch recievers available for this.
I am looking for something smaller than the 8 ch brick
If you remove the plastic box it will be a lot smaller, it's what I did for one of my indoor plane.
Beware, I have two really small , less than 1 gr 4 ch. Flysky Rx, but they are AFHDS 2A they won't bind with your AFHDS 9X Tx.
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2020, 09:30 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Wow, I steamtrolled in with the Spektrum recommendation.
Forgot my roots, CT6B. I thought it was cool that my computer could talk to my TX.

P.S. It's still cool
Last edited by Steve_; May 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM.
May 29, 2020, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx
Still using my tgy 9x but I have been out for a few years

Are there any 4 ch recievers available for this.
I am looking for something smaller than the 8 ch brick
I'm on my way to work, but when I get the chance I will look for those old RX's in the first picture.
I think I have a few left, and I believe they are 6ch.
They are small to begin with, but without the case they would weigh nearly nothing.

I don't have a TX that will fly them so if I find them and the protocols match I'll ship them out
free of charge. Just keep spamming my inbox so I don't forget.

[EDIT]

Found all three. One has a botched antenna repair, another is in a HK250GT, and the third appears to be in perfect condition.
I have spare Spektrum RX's for the 250, so I have 2 good units plus a possibly good unit. PM me if interested.
Last edited by Steve_; Jun 05, 2020 at 05:38 PM.
Aug 28, 2020, 01:54 PM

Turnigy config for quad

Hi,

I have been trying to configure the 9x controller for use with a quad, but must be missing something basic. For example, when using throttle to increase altitude, all four motors would need to be activated to achieve the goal. Yet throttle, for example, is activating one channel only, instead of activating the ESCs on all four that would be needed to lift the quad off the ground. How is this controller programmed to engage all four motors at the same time when throttle is activated?
Aug 31, 2020, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by contacttodd
Hi,

I have been trying to configure the 9x controller for use with a quad, but must be missing something basic. For example, when using throttle to increase altitude, all four motors would need to be activated to achieve the goal. Yet throttle, for example, is activating one channel only, instead of activating the ESCs on all four that would be needed to lift the quad off the ground. How is this controller programmed to engage all four motors at the same time when throttle is activated?
Motor control is handled by the flight controller, basically a mini flight computer inside the quad.
(Not to be confused with the receiver)
The flight controller mixes your throttle input with other positioning inputs and then generates independent
signals for the speed controls of each motor to control their RPM.
(At least that's how the few I have work.)

By the way, you are in the helicopter section.
Posting here will get more responses: https://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-mu...or-drones-940/
Last edited by Steve_; Aug 31, 2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply