Jun 10, 2011, 08:41 AM
Team PAS
Ouch. You would think they would ship it EMS Express... I would complain about it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purcilas
Ouch. You would think they would ship it EMS Express... I would complain about it.
thats basically their policy..if i want EMS i have to pay EMS again..anyway was luck they have HK warehouse in Sydney so i didn't have to send it all the way to Hong Kong and pay for sending it also.
I drove to HK Aus and showed they the problem but they couldn't replace on the spot because I bought the thing in hong kong
Jun 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
Team PAS
That sucks.
Jun 10, 2011, 10:54 AM
>im waiting for a replacement..the first one I got was DOA.

DOA as in no display, no beeps, nothing? If so, that could have been simply a bad battery connection. The AA battery holder is rather tight and sometimes doesnt allow the batteries to slide and make contact at the ends.
Jun 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee
I'm not knocking the Turnigy really, just pointing out to folk to be aware that if they want a reliable and sorted radio they'll need to do a lot of studying and a lot of tinkering if they buy the Turnigy
IMO that's the last thing a beginner needs. People have so much trouble getting helis to work properly without having radio trouble. Some people can't even program airplanes. To pile on quality issues on top of that - well, it's just not fair. Beginners need trouble-free high quality equipment.
Jun 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
Team PAS
I'm a beginner and the 9x has been good to me

They could buy a Spektrum and have a lockout
Jun 10, 2011, 12:03 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
IMO that's the last thing a beginner needs.
That's exactly why I posted the review here in this section Jasmine, the radio is very capable after lots of tinkering and mods but it's not for a learner and if they are going to insist on buying one they at least need to know what they need to do

Many have also stated they run theirs on a lipo, yet I've seen reports that due to potentially high voltage on lipos several have destroyed their radio using them, that's why I suggest people convert it to use the Trustfire Lithium Ion

See the tutorial here:
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery.shtml

It's four pages long but essential to do if you're running on AA batteries

If anyone in the UK requires the 8k2 resistors I've got hundreds of them here FOC (yes I had to order that many just to get one DOH ! )
Jun 10, 2011, 01:33 PM
Rocket Programmer
That's true with any radio, except some very new ones which are designed to run on Lipo packs. However, rather than build something that seems cheap until you take your time into account, I think spending a little more and getting a battery pack specifically designed to run a transmitter is a good way to go.

BTW, I'm not sure why Spektrum hasn't sued that web site out of business. A "review" site written entirely by one guy? It's mostly what you expect - his "reviews" don't strike me as honest most of the time. They strike me more as a guy putting forth his own agenda - namely "why the brand name stuff sucks" and he gets it wrong pretty often. He's done a lot of damage to Spektrum with his article about the frequency choices, in which he completely misunderstands how radios work, and then proceeds to use that misunderstanding to bash what is probably the best invention in RC since the servo.
Jun 11, 2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger
>im waiting for a replacement..the first one I got was DOA.

DOA as in no display, no beeps, nothing? If so, that could have been simply a bad battery connection. The AA battery holder is rather tight and sometimes doesnt allow the batteries to slide and make contact at the ends.

Yah no beep/no display.nothing. The shop dude checked the battery connectors and they are fine so he thinks issue is with the board.
Also when I received the Tx it already had a scratch on the LDc so it looked second hand.
Sep 29, 2015, 07:35 AM
Oh gosh, I made a search to try to understand what to buy between a FlySky T6 (or I6, I still don't know the difference) and this Turnigy 9X... and I now find that this thread is... 4 years old!

I guess this radio has now reached a somewhat good maturity and is now stable?

Can somebody help me on this?
I posted a thread in the radio section but it seems the experts have no time for me
Last edited by megmaltese; Sep 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM.
Sep 29, 2015, 08:19 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
My 9x worked flawlessly and I never had any glitches or problems. With the modded firmware
it actually could do many things that my other radios could not, but they were features very few would ever use.

I never had any complaints about my 9x, but the Spektrum equipment is much easier to use and faster to program.

It's also just flat out better quality. The soldering on my 9x was marginal at best.

Once I had a DX6i the 9x sat idle most of the time, and when I bought the new DX6 it was the final nail in the coffin
and my 9x went bye-bye.

You can buy a DX6i used for under $75.
Last edited by Steve_; Sep 29, 2015 at 08:55 AM.
Sep 29, 2015, 10:01 AM
Thank you for the info, Steve!
Jan 23, 2016, 11:23 PM
Anyone have an idea why the 9x won't calibrate when setting up in the tarot zyx-m software? I do the calibration then save it, disconnect it from computer plug it in and it's like I didn't even do it..

Joe
May 25, 2020, 04:08 PM
crash expert
Still using my tgy 9x but I have been out for a few years

Are there any 4 ch recievers available for this.
I am looking for something smaller than the 8 ch brick
May 25, 2020, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx
Still using my tgy 9x but I have been out for a few years

Are there any 4 ch recievers available for this.
I am looking for something smaller than the 8 ch brick
Banggood has 6 ch receivers that are quite a bit smaller than the 8ch. You could always decase it if you wanted it even smaller/lighter. They also have a smaller 3 ch, but I don't recall seeing seeing a 4 ch.

Quick Reply