Aug 23, 2003, 05:49 PM

It's the R/C plane favored by international R/C champions for training!

Thot this might belong here ...
Aug 23, 2003, 11:27 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Ohh Megatech. Always good for a laugh

Dan
Aug 23, 2003, 11:52 PM
Zen Flying Master
50 mph?!?!? When is that, when the wing folds and it dives in under full power???
Aug 24, 2003, 01:18 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
I've actually seen these fly. Our LHS has sold a few. They fly real nice (on quiet days). But the publicity hipe is a bit over the top. It has rudder/elevator/motor control, and it will fly nicely, in a sedate kind of way. No loops, snap rolls, or anything but puttering about.
Aug 24, 2003, 08:07 AM
I look at that catalog now and then while flying, and seeing what they say about that model, it makes it hard to believe anything they claim about other products, doesn't it!

I'd like to know exactly WHICH "international R/C champions" prefer this model for training!
..a
Aug 24, 2003, 08:23 AM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
It's a shame, too. It looks nice, but all plastic? Yuck! The "R/C Champions" must work at Megatech, or have never flown any other electric

Dan
Aug 24, 2003, 11:38 AM
Rip th... Bring the Beer!
Every time my wife and I fly somewhere, (roughly once a year), she looks through the skymall and points it out to me. Of course I pretend she didn't show it to me the last trip.

Brad
Aug 24, 2003, 12:33 PM
Look, it's cheap. You get what you pay. I've seen it fly, and if you want something simple & cheap, and be able to throw it in the air behind your house before dinner, it'll do OK.
Aug 24, 2003, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Up&Away
Look, it's cheap. You get what you pay. I've seen it fly, and if you want something simple & cheap, and be able to throw it in the air behind your house before dinner, it'll do OK.
Uh, cheap? For $270, you can get yourself a fully outfitted Slow Stick and actually enjoy the hobby

3000 foot range? 50 MPH? That IS funny!
Aug 24, 2003, 03:08 PM
$270!? They cost here the equivalent of about $150
Aug 24, 2003, 07:11 PM
By the way, I still think it's funny..
..a