Thread Tools
Old May 30, 2011, 01:28 PM
Sean Oelofse is online now
Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
oh sean, not another mig
Jup!....another....BUT only after I get all the others off the bench!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
Zenmaniac is offline
Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse View Post
""Sean, bru I need you looking over my shoulder, good thing I have extra 2mm""........Yes, cause I would turn the flutes 90 degrees!
Who could blame you Jim. You can hardly read the arrow with the notation "Corro flutes" on the plans.

-= Dave
Old May 30, 2011, 02:32 PM
Flying Beagle is offline
Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
ah thats it, I forgot to read my own "notations"
Old May 31, 2011, 04:04 AM
leaktech is offline
Find More Posts by leaktech
Balsa + glue + bluesky= fun
leaktech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
james-leaktech
cool, corro can get you in the air right quick,
pls post pics of your Mustang
I hadnt thought about "wrapping" the skin around another airframe to get the rough shape....

Andy rolled his unbuilt ARF crunchie over some coroplast to get the outline. Made some templates to save. He's flown it without the canopy. The wing is a flyingfoam.com epp 48" span X12"X6" taper core covered in 2 layers of new stuff. Flies pretty good.

Do you have templates you can shoot images of?

James
Old May 31, 2011, 07:35 AM
Flying Beagle is offline
Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar

plans in-progress


this what I have so far, please dont build with these as I have made several changes during construction. I should be finished with the autocad plans in a couple weeks.
I plan to make available one version of plans that must be plotted 1:1 scale, them maybe another version with key dimensions plotted on A4 letter paper, so an oke could create his own template directly onto a sheet of correx, if plotting is not an option......
Last edited by Flying Beagle; May 31, 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:36 PM
Flying Beagle is offline
Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
wing construction is typical of the Mig, but I am using the SPAD corostang style spar, that will be "bent" during gluing into the wing....( see video on page 1)

bought the pine stick at the local Builders Warehouse, much thicker than needed, but I have snapped the spar on my Mig twice due to some rough handling.....
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:47 PM
Sean Oelofse is online now
Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:57 PM
johannlochner is offline
Find More Posts by johannlochner
Stirring the pot
johannlochner's Avatar
I have some carbon sock for you...
It will never break again!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:03 AM
Fuzzy B is offline
Find More Posts by Fuzzy B
Registered User
Fuzzy B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
this what I have so far, please dont build with these as I have made several changes during construction. I should be finished with the autocad plans in a couple weeks.
I plan to make available one version of plans that must be plotted 1:1 scale, them maybe another version with key dimensions plotted on A4 letter paper, so an oke could create his own template directly onto a sheet of correx, if plotting is not an option......
Excellent plans FB, But could we please have the dimensions in South African?
Old Jun 02, 2011, 02:10 AM
Flying Beagle is offline
Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
sorry Fuzzy, I grew up an inches kid,
I know the metric system is easier, but inches and fractions-of-an-inch are more intuitive for me.....

with autocad, when you open a new file, the program asks you if you want inches or metric.
All of the free corro plans that I have downloaded are all inches, as well

there might be a way to "dual dimension" in autocad, but I dont know how.....
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:28 AM
Fuzzy B is offline
Find More Posts by Fuzzy B
Registered User
Fuzzy B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
sorry Fuzzy, I grew up an inches kid,
I know the metric system is easier, but inches and fractions-of-an-inch are more intuitive for me.....

with autocad, when you open a new file, the program asks you if you want inches or metric.
All of the free corro plans that I have downloaded are all inches, as well

there might be a way to "dual dimension" in autocad, but I dont know how.....
Well, I will just have to flip my steel ruler over!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:25 PM
Flying Beagle is offline
Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
Flying Beagle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannlochner View Post
I have some carbon sock for you...
It will never break again!
thanks J

but carbon and correx dont mix
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:07 PM
GreenAce92 is offline
Find More Posts by GreenAce92
Physics hate's my ideas
GreenAce92's Avatar
Just a question:
Where would one easily get corroplast? And how hard is it to form?
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:26 PM
Sean Oelofse is online now
Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
.....till the wind drops.
Sean Oelofse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
Just a question:
Where would one easily get corroplast? And how hard is it to form?
Howzit GA92!?
Try the local signage shop....or the plastics/perspex dealers. The guys that make/print the real estate signboards.
It forms very easy if you keep the "grain/flutes" in mind.

Sean
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:04 PM
steeg is offline
Find More Posts by steeg
Registered User
right....
for instance,in orange county, california
2mm and up can be had from signmart in the city of orange

i finally got me 3 and 2 and can start cutting
steeg


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found EPP, PSS slopers RTF or near RTF in good condition! Just flyy Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 29, 2008 10:08 AM
Sold Medium weight pss slopers ***Prices Reduced*** Brandon Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 6 Dec 30, 2007 12:28 AM
For Sale "PRICE REDUCTION" - Slopers for Sale - CSD, PSS, Polecat, Dave's Aircraft Works 664KIX Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 16 Jul 04, 2007 02:00 PM
Correx or Corroplast in the UK edthedoc Electric Plane Talk 3 Apr 19, 2005 06:37 AM
Correx / Corroplast Park or Indoor Flyer irpilot Parkflyers 1 Oct 08, 2002 08:43 AM