May 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Check Dis Out - RC Flying Iron Man!!!

I thought some of the Star Trek build projects and ornithopters on here were impressive, but this one tops them all!

to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
AMA 537620
Eh... kinda neat, but there's far more impressive stuff on this site.
May 25, 2011, 04:54 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Um... What exactly is the point of posting this thread when there's already a thread about it? And I must agree with CPC; that's small potatoes compared to a lot of the stuff here.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
May 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
lol, this is ONLY because im still new to the hobby and this is the first time I have seen something like this. Haha I think its bad A$$!@ I would like to make one to fly at the club field, everybody would get a kick.

ok im done, lol
May 25, 2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904
lol, this is ONLY because im still new to the hobby and this is the first time I have seen something like this. Haha I think its bad A$$!@ I would like to make one to fly at the club field, everybody would get a kick.

ok im done, lol
Hey, I am with you on the cool factor. It really is impressive!

Fonzie
May 25, 2011, 08:36 PM
prop wash
I thought it was super cool and ingenious to boot!

A Wonder woman one would be good too!!! but it would be to nose heavy.

Glen
May 25, 2011, 11:28 PM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
I'm with you guys. What could be better than flying your own personal superhero. This one is good because of the simple innovation factor. Not something you see everyday. CPC and TP, what kind of "cooler" stuff did you have in mind?
May 26, 2011, 10:01 AM
It is weird you posted this 10 minutes before I started my thread. When I saw that video, I knew immediately I had to build one:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post18337768
May 26, 2011, 11:01 AM
just look at it smokin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-V
I thought some of the Star Trek build projects and ornithopters on here were impressive, but this one tops them all!

hahahah megalol
May 26, 2011, 12:15 PM
Mass Pain
lol,that is preeety cool if you ask me,lol,now........
Can you make a villain to fight the RC superhero?that would be sweeet shooting rockets or laser at each other
May 26, 2011, 06:04 PM
nice led's-needs some red and gold paint!
May 26, 2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
CPC and TP, what kind of "cooler" stuff did you have in mind?
Well, Dag's 257" B-36 comes to mind, as well as some of Demondriver's airliner builds. Joe Manor has some simply incredible slopers. Then there are the various planes with like 2000 LEDs, and planes that go 160mph on a $75 power system, and planes that go 450mph on no power system at all. And there are planes that don't require anything more than an old shop rag and a Cox .049 engine

The superhero guy is sort of neat, but it's nothing particularly fascinating or special. Just another oddly-shaped foamie...
May 27, 2011, 02:07 AM
Suspended Account
It really is impressive!
May 27, 2011, 06:56 AM
prop wash
Whats cool about it is it doesn't look anything like an airplane.
That is thinking out side of the box.
Nothing special to me about and extra large airplane. Sure it may be big, beautiful, skilfully built and scale to the tee. but it's still looks like an airplane.

Glen
May 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Whats cool about it is it doesn't look anything like an airplane.
That is thinking out side of the box.
Nothing special to me about and extra large airplane. Sure it may be big, beautiful, skilfully built and scale to the tee. but it's still looks like an airplane.
Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Quick Reply