OPENPILOT CopterControl RCG SHARE THREAD ( NOT AFFILIATED TO OP AT ALL ) - Page 41 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 16, 2011, 06:03 AM
OpenPilot
dankers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo
Does anyone have any videos with this controller that were taken on-board via FPV? Not just hovering around but being piloted from 1st person. I'd love to see how it handles banked turns and heading changes, especially in stable mode.
Its been done but not recorded and its great at it. Add that James has now got basic camera stabilization work (coming in next release we hope), it should be a great FPV platform.

I have some very good news soon as well that people waiting to buy these boards will like as well.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2011, 08:57 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers
Its been done but not recorded and its great at it. Add that James has now got basic camera stabilization work (coming in next release we hope), it should be a great FPV platform.

I have some very good news soon as well that people waiting to buy these boards will like as well.
SPILL THE BEANS. I am impatiently waiting on 2 more boards.
Jun 16, 2011, 09:07 AM
SILURIA / UK
Shikra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo
Does anyone have any videos with this controller that were taken on-board via FPV? Not just hovering around but being piloted from 1st person. I'd love to see how it handles banked turns and heading changes, especially in stable mode.
Me too.

Don't suppose anyone has a cc board they want to part with?? Love to try one out.
Jun 16, 2011, 10:19 AM
Registered User
+2

I have been following this since the boards were still available, but I waited too long to order one. I have a tri frame just itching for this board. It wil be my first muli-rotor machine, and I am very excited at the possibilities, especially that it might be able to eventually replace my much more expensive Skokum 720 in my flybarless helicopters.

Hurry up on stock. My credit card is waiting.

Steve
Jun 16, 2011, 10:24 AM
OpenPilot
dankers's Avatar
We are working on the flybarless support right now.

Its nothing urgent, of course boards have been ordered and the first urgent batch are now in production. I will let you guys know as soon as they arrive here, promise.
Jun 16, 2011, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Thanks dankers. I have been following the OP forums, and the flybarless support is of particular interest to me.

You guys are doing a great thing here. I can't wait to actually be part of it.

Steve
Jun 16, 2011, 10:39 AM
a.d.m.i.n
reptor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers
We are working on the flybarless support right now.

Its nothing urgent, of course boards have been ordered and the first urgent batch are now in production. I will let you guys know as soon as they arrive here, promise.
Will be first available in USA or Europe. We need in Europe
Jun 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
I did that on purpose.
The FBL aspect is interesting to be sure. The current low cost provider with solid performance is ~$200 (microbeast). Some might be less expensive (HobbyKing), but are still $150 or so.

I'd reccomend a plastic case that the CC could be installed in. Screw downs in a heli are not the norm. It also allows use of foam for vibration control.
Jun 16, 2011, 11:12 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cferrell
The FBL aspect is interesting to be sure. The current low cost provider with solid performance is ~$200 (microbeast). Some might be less expensive (HobbyKing), but are still $150 or so.

I'd reccomend a plastic case that the CC could be installed in. Screw downs in a heli are not the norm. It also allows use of foam for vibration control.
I have a Miniature Aircraft 10s FBL Furion 6(BEAST)running the Microbeast BeastX and it ROCKS. Would be sweet if this was the same or better for under $100. It sure kicks a$$ on my tri.
Jun 16, 2011, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
It sure kicks a$$ on my tri.
REALLY!?!? Do you have to rub it in?

Jun 16, 2011, 11:28 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead1986
REALLY!?!? Do you have to rub it in?


LOL Believe me I want 2 more as bad as u want ur 1st. Having 1 CC board to me is like eating only 1 potatoe chip.
Jun 16, 2011, 01:14 PM
RC Addict
anatoly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
I have a Miniature Aircraft 10s FBL Furion 6(BEAST)running the Microbeast BeastX and it ROCKS. Would be sweet if this was the same or better for under $100. It sure kicks a$$ on my tri.
I have a Microbeast on my Trex 500, and I like it as well. I have a feeling I might regret selling my Trex 450, even though I sold it before I knew about CC, because I could have used it to experiment with the CC FBL support. Oh, well.
Jun 16, 2011, 02:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I was thinking today...can the CC board be setup to handle a reverse Y?, i.e. the rear arm up front and the Y arms in the back. Perhaps not even needing a tilt mechanism...just using the rear motors to handle yaw and roll duties?
The easiest way would be to just mounting the board backward and in the attitude settings add 180 degree of yaw rotation. You can also just design a custom mixer without much effort.

I don't see how you avoid a yaw servo though. I don't see enough degrees of freedom to keep it flying that way.
Jun 16, 2011, 04:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody124
The easiest way would be to just mounting the board backward and in the attitude settings add 180 degree of yaw rotation. You can also just design a custom mixer without much effort.
Hmmm...didn't think of that ability. I don't know if I'll ever do a reverse Tri, but you never know...
Jun 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo
Does anyone have any videos with this controller that were taken on-board via FPV? Not just hovering around but being piloted from 1st person. I'd love to see how it handles banked turns and heading changes, especially in stable mode.
Just posted to forums:
Первое FPV на трикоптере (4 min 47 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The Aussie RCG Coffee thread (aka "we don't drink instant") glydr Australia 164 Sep 08, 2012 04:33 AM
Discussion NEW? -Openpilot flight controller tc3wins Multirotor Drone Talk 229 Mar 02, 2012 06:14 PM
Discussion Share your art! PinkYakRC Painting and Finishing Tips 13 Apr 27, 2011 08:04 PM
Discussion RCG 07 JR Indoor Live Coverage Thread Jim T. Graham JR Indoor Electric Festival 19 Nov 04, 2007 02:36 PM
Discussion My first RCG flame thread WBE Chit Chat 6 Sep 04, 2007 10:17 PM