Jul 04, 2011, 03:07 PM
www.joescnc.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin
Thank you for the help Joe. Would you need to change the volts on it.

and
Could you post some pics on how you wired it in. If you have the time
the reculator board which the Bluetooth module is soldered to gives the correct 5v to 3.3v step down so nothing is required to be done.

Here are the pin outs and post i did.
http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/53...post__p__17314
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2011, 04:18 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006
Example is my Bluetooth connection.

And able to tune quad as per James in his video "OpenPilot TV Episode 2 - PID Tunning"
I tried tying up my quad for PID adjustments. As soon as I powered up the thing just started spinning around (pitch wise) on the string. So much for smooth throttle advancement. Maybe I need so throttle expo. Anyway, I just untied it and flew it to determine what adjustments to make. Anyone have good ideas/directions for a quad test stand?
Jul 04, 2011, 04:27 PM
www.joescnc.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I tried tying up my quad for PID adjustments. As soon as I powered up the thing just started spinning around (pitch wise) on the string. So much for smooth throttle advancement. Maybe I need so throttle expo. Anyway, I just untied it and flew it to determine what adjustments to make. Anyone have good ideas/directions for a quad test stand?
mine did the same thing, run the RC calibration again Also place a box under the quad to level it and run zero accel bias calibration, and ensure the Zero Gyro Boias is clicked off when arming this should fix it.
Last edited by Joecnc2006; Jul 04, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Jul 04, 2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah. That's why I particularly emphasized the RC input calibration at the beginning. I had an entire take of that video where i'm constantly mummbling WT-F to myself cause it was always pitching back at 5 deg/s. Turns out I'd bumped trim.
Jul 04, 2011, 08:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Well the spinning quad on a string was enough to (kinda) scare me from trying it again...for a while at least. I think starting off with a level box would have less chance of wildness...though the video of it made it looked soooooooooo easy.
Jul 04, 2011, 08:50 PM
www.joescnc.com
Quote:
Well the spinning quad on a string was enough to (kinda) scare me from trying it again...for a while at least. I think starting off with a level box would have less chance of wildness...though the video of it made it looked soooooooooo easy.
throttle up very very slowly, you will gain confidence in it.
Jul 04, 2011, 09:19 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006
throttle up very very slowly, you will gain confidence in it.
Oh I did. My motors don't spin up slow enough evidently. They went from not running to spinning quad almost immediately. Next time I'll make sure to try it outside. I was inside this time...close to the big screen TV. I would have sh&$ had it come off the screen and hit the TV...man would I been in trouble then.
Jul 04, 2011, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Oh I did. My motors don't spin up slow enough evidently. They went from not running to spinning quad almost immediately. Next time I'll make sure to try it outside. I was inside this time...close to the big screen TV. I would have sh&$ had it come off the screen and hit the TV...man would I been in trouble then.
thats why i always get 100% without props on it, are you getting idle speed in motors when arming? assuming you ran all the calibration and motor idle output etc..
Jul 04, 2011, 09:33 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
thats why i always get 100% without props on it, are you getting idle speed in motors when arming? assuming you ran all the calibration and motor idle output etc..
No, no motor rpms after arming. I do have it adjusted so a couple of clicks of throttle trim does start the motors up...perhaps I should have tried that? Either way...next time it's outside or in the garage.
Jul 04, 2011, 09:54 PM
Ki means integration, it adds some value proportional to error to the Kp every second (or millisecond). So ILimit is to be the bound for that windup. Or it can go crazy.
I'm lost on this still. Perhaps I just need to try it and see what it does.

Here's my understanding:

Take the example of a thermostat where you've set the desired temperature to (say) 75 degrees. The software measures the actual temperature and applies a correction proportional (Kp) to the difference between the desired temperature and the current actual temperature.

The software also adds up ("integrates", "I-term") the observed error over time. Ideally, the overshoot and undershoot will cancel out so the I-term is zero. But it could happen that even though the desired temperature is 75, the system consistently achieves a temperature of 73 degrees when just the Kp correction is applied. So the system has a 2 degree bias. Recognizing this, the software applies a second correction (Ki) proportional to the amount of this bias to compensate.

The "ILimit" sets a maximum amount to the Ki correction.
Jul 05, 2011, 01:57 AM
OpenPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
what people forget is this project is not $$ driven, its about spreading the word and opening the project for all to contribute. of course some money had to be invested and they had to have a cap on this because it costs. i think it has proven to be a very supportive project and will continue even greater with the great response all of us have given them. its only the beginning as far as i can see
Nail on the head there. We always need people to contribute and get involved, that is the whole idea and everyone in the project loves it when that happens. We are working on getting the hardware, this but it does take time, please be patient guys, everyone involved is like you: real lives, real jobs, real families and this is meant to be a hobby for us. We are working on it and we did not expect anywhere near this response.

About clones, no we can not support that, we are non-profit and we have just small margin on the hardware to help keep the project going forward. We do this rather than take donations. If we lose that to cloners, how do we pay to develop new things? We can't, everyone loses except the cloners, I hope this is obvious and buying a clone is simply short term thinking. We are only getting started with CopterControl, we are also working on the Pro as well.

Also cloners will have to cut corners and use cheaper fake parts to make any margin anyway, its not as if our stuff has a huge margin on it. By them using poor hardware, it will result in a worse experience plus people buying clones then try and get support from the project and tie up the developers.

We also work on reducing our costs a bit, we can do this by ordering more boards at a time, this is what we have done for the next larger batch. This cost saving is passed on to you, hence the next batch of CopterControls are going to be $85 and now also include the serial cable (worth $4) by default as well.

I know there is frustration about not having hardware, honestly we are learning as we go, we have made the not enough stock mistake now and do not wish to repeat it! I am sorry about this. However please understand we had no idea if people were even interested in CC, we just made a board we wanted to see and this was the first ever batch.

Again apologies for the stock situation, we are working on it.
Jul 05, 2011, 07:00 AM
Wow, that price is low!
Will make it a no brainer when looking for a easy, fun, multifunction board that can stabilize (and more) almost any RC craft.
Jul 05, 2011, 07:01 AM
Hey, no apologies needed Dankers. What you guys have done so far is just amazing and deserve thanks. The least we can do is wait patiently.
Jul 05, 2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer
Don't worry there are more in the pipeline, but I am not going to say anything about those just yet.
Thats a great thing to hear. Please make sure a number of them are sold in shops that ship to Europe as well :-)
Jul 05, 2011, 07:32 AM
Gaftopher
I am one of the shops in Europe, so yes I will ;-)

Quick Reply