Jun 10, 2011, 02:30 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor
So it will not be avaible until end of July? Why is taking so much time, it will be any modification, or new board? I think I will wait for this rather than KK..
they didn't anticipate the popularity to be so grand! sold out fast!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2011, 02:35 AM
a.d.m.i.n
So we have no choice other than waiting
Jun 10, 2011, 04:52 AM
OpenPilot
Please also realize that 100 boards of the first batch order have gone missing in the post from the manufacture to the distributors. So we were almost half our initial stock down before we started offering these.

I expect it will be before the end of July to be honest, I hate setting up false deadlines for us so need to be careful but things are progressing well with the next batch.

As for the KK, its a great board but also in a different league. Watch out about judging quad boards by their price if you are considering anything from OpenPilot, we are a community based non-profit project. There is a small margin on the boards so the project can move forward but we are not a commercial operation at all, this was done for ethical reasons. Simply it is not fair to have volunteers and hobbyists writing the code and then for some scumbag to make a profit of their free work. Other less than ethical projects do this, we don't.

The hope is that the talented people here get involved and help us make this beyond awesome and also its early days for CopterControl yet, we are working all the time to make it much better. The next feature you should see is camera stabilization, we are also working on a true heading hold feature (AVCS) so the yaw is rock solid like heli tail gyros.
Jun 10, 2011, 04:57 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
they didn't anticipate the popularity to be so grand! sold out fast!
no wonder

Jun 10, 2011, 05:32 AM
a.d.m.i.n
This is like apple
Jun 10, 2011, 05:34 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers
Please also realize that 100 boards of the first batch order have gone missing in the post from the manufacture to the distributors. So we were almost half our initial stock down before we started offering these.

I expect it will be before the end of July to be honest, I hate setting up false deadlines for us so need to be careful but things are progressing well with the next batch.

As for the KK, its a great board but also in a different league. Watch out about judging quad boards by their price if you are considering anything from OpenPilot, we are a community based non-profit project. There is a small margin on the boards so the project can move forward but we are not a commercial operation at all, this was done for ethical reasons. Simply it is not fair to have volunteers and hobbyists writing the code and then for some scumbag to make a profit of their free work. Other less than ethical projects do this, we don't.

The hope is that the talented people here get involved and help us make this beyond awesome and also its early days for CopterControl yet, we are working all the time to make it much better. The next feature you should see is camera stabilization, we are also working on a true heading hold feature (AVCS) so the yaw is rock solid like heli tail gyros.
Thanks for obligation. What about preorder ?
Jun 10, 2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor
This is like apple
heh yes apple is open source too
Jun 10, 2011, 06:59 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb
heh yes apple is open source too
I think he was referring to dankers being the spitting image of Steve Jobs really

Cheers,

Sander.
Jun 10, 2011, 07:29 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Changing quad from "+" to "X" mode without moving your board.

just a quick video of how i change the modes. for those that weren't sure how....
-
-
OpenPilot CopterControl + to X mode (2 min 59 sec)
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Jun 11, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
Jun 10, 2011, 07:44 PM
gread vid we need lots this.
tuning the pid vid wood be nice to.
still don't now how to some parts.
Jun 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
www.joescnc.com
Quote:

just a quick video of how i change the modes. for those that weren't sure how....
Good video helps with the Wiki explanation. Don't forget to power cycle the board which is a good idea to verify its working.

Also works in the negative 45° if you prefer.

http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...+Configuration
Last edited by Joecnc2006; Jun 10, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Jun 10, 2011, 08:01 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006
Good video helps with the Wiki explanation. Don't forget to power cycle the board which is a good idea to verify its working.

Also works in the negative 45° if you prefer.

http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...+Configuration
true works in - as well but that could confuse you, but u would just refer motor 4 and motor 1 as front is all. thats the great thing with the software it will let you turn it 180 degrees or upside down diagonal lol LOVE IT!
Jun 10, 2011, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel pet
gread vid we need lots this.
tuning the pid vid wood be nice to.
still don't now how to some parts.
ill try to do some basic tuning tomorrow but im new at it as well
Jun 10, 2011, 08:18 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:

-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_-XUwUb0xg
Good video QA. I've done similar on other controllers by swapping the roll and pitch inputs with each other. You get the same effect. The yaw rotation of the CC board is much easier and allows for fine tuning if the mounting is a little off. Very versatile feature to have.
Jun 10, 2011, 10:23 PM
I read in the open pilot forum that you are building a new esc. Will it have dynamic breaking?
Motor Music - Brushless motor controller for Quadrotor UAV (4 min 24 sec)

Also is it possible to program to monitor the vibrational patterns that occur and apply a filter based on these readings to ignore these vibrations or subtract them from the incoming sensor data so that the FC will respond only to the information that is important?
I don't have an open pilot board but from working with the Wii boards it would seem that some sort of look up table that changes the P I and D values all at the same time with one number being adjusted. So if you change P the software knows that I and D should be changed a certain amount to match the new P value. This would simplify setup. I'm just assuming that the Open Pilot board uses similar parameters to make adjustments.

Quick Reply