May 29, 2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
that was the original plan as mentioned in the first post, this is just for people to stop in i have a build thread over there as well and they will def help faster!

http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/49...570#entry14570
Quad_addict very nice build like how clean you have it cant wait to see some videos good job Tom
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2011, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950
Quad_addict very nice build like how clean you have it cant wait to see some videos good job Tom
hey appreciate that, i stayed up all night working on this gem lol

for starters the default setting were a bit to tame for me, good for beginners for sure, but i like more stick movement, could have been because it was on a small frame with it. so off to change some settings to get more stick movement. think i got a bad egg in the set of motors, blah,but i have spares
May 29, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hovership
Nice frame QA
May 29, 2011, 11:52 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro
Nice frame QA
you like that? catchy design lately lol joe makes it as well but only $65
May 29, 2011, 11:52 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
I downloaded and played with the GCS program. That's kinda fun. I got lost (and still get lost) in it some, but will learn as I become more familiar. Jesh...when is my CC going to ship? I mean I just placed the order this morning and it's still not here!!!
May 29, 2011, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I downloaded and played with the GCS program. That's kinda fun. I got lost (and still get lost) in it some, but will learn as I become more familiar. Jesh...when is my CC going to ship? I mean I just placed the order this morning and it's still not here!!!
ye once you get the board and you know what is what the GSC is pretty cut dry easy, ye weird you ordered today and its still not there weird! lol

i think his next ship day is tuesday according to the website but mine went outlast Wednesday, i ordered another as well,
May 29, 2011, 12:24 PM
RTF copters maker
Believe me, this flight controller flies as easily as on videos !!!
I just had this old quad on my desk, following the video and it flew after not more that few minutes !!!
Congrats for this good job the Openpilot team !
Cheers
Maximus
coptercontrol 001 (0 min 43 sec)
May 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
Gaftopher
Well done Maximus, add a photo and I shall add it to the wall of fame. http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/44...ing-roll-call/
May 29, 2011, 01:00 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
OK first vid 3rd flight basic hovering getting a feel of the setup. most the movements are me its hard not to wanna whip it around lol but for 3rd flight sakes taking it easy!
-
Review OPEN PILOT CopterControl (2 min 22 sec)
May 29, 2011, 01:01 PM

Spektrum satellite and 6 outputs

Quote:
1. I saw somewhere that channels 5&6 are automatically disabled for Spektrum radios. What this about and why?
As it was said, it was only output-related. If you use spektrum satellite receiver, then the 6th output is disabled (but all 8 inputs are available for mode switching etc).

But today it was fixed by Spektrum code developer Sambas and now is under code review within our team (BTW, all major code changes which are safety-related or just seriously touch code, are first inspected, then only merged - we try to keep code quality and reliability).

When review will be complete, you'll have all 6 outputs for every supported Rx kind, including Spektrum satellite.
May 29, 2011, 01:15 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
for the guys wanting to go with satellite RX you will need to purchase the serial cable. i didn't order one either as i didn't know at that time, but want to for my second order, you will need it to hook up up sat rx.

http://flaps.chebuzz.com/accessories...ial-cable.html
May 29, 2011, 01:19 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnwt
As it was said, it was only output-related. If you use spektrum satellite receiver, then the 6th output is disabled (but all 8 inputs are available for mode switching etc).

But today it was fixed by Spektrum code developer Sambas and now is under code review within our team (BTW, all major code changes which are safety-related or just seriously touch code, are first inspected, then only merged - we try to keep code quality and reliability).

When review will be complete, you'll have all 6 outputs for every supported Rx kind, including Spektrum satellite.
Thank you. I'm still a little confused on the Spektrum satellite receiver though. Does this mean I can just attach a satellite Rx to the CC serial port AND not have to connect the main Rx? If so...COOL!!! I can attach a satellite and the CC can pull a full 8 channels out of it then? If correct, that would certainly save space and wiring. You'd lose the diversity, but if not flying that far away it's really not a big deal.

Can the CC board support powering a servo, as in a tilt servo for a Y-copter or should the board be signal connections only and any servo draws powered elsewhere (BEC, Rx, etc)?

Thanks. I really look forward to getting my board in hand. I've got a T-copter I'm building that I plan on putting this on. Since it's a home-built copter I can set up the CC mount without the need of an adapter.
May 29, 2011, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Thank you. I'm still a little confused on the Spektrum satellite receiver though. Does this mean I can just attach a satellite Rx to the CC serial port AND not have to connect the main Rx? If so...COOL!!! I can attach a satellite and the CC can pull a full 8 channels out of it then? If correct, that would certainly save space and wiring. You'd lose the diversity, but if not flying that far away it's really not a big deal.

Can the CC board support powering a servo, as in a tilt servo for a Y-copter or should the board be signal connections only and any servo draws powered elsewhere (BEC, Rx, etc)?

Thanks. I really look forward to getting my board in hand. I've got a T-copter I'm building that I plan on putting this on. Since it's a home-built copter I can set up the CC mount without the need of an adapter.
if u run the sat piggyback off rx no changes at all.( hook up normal) but yes the sat is its own receiver so it can be used by itself without a main rx. but connecting through serial port, ( cable needed)
May 29, 2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Thank you. I'm still a little confused on the Spektrum satellite receiver though. Does this mean I can just attach a satellite Rx to the CC serial port AND not have to connect the main Rx? If so...COOL!!! I can attach a satellite and the CC can pull a full 8 channels out of it then? If correct, that would certainly save space and wiring.
That's exactly what it means. For example my tiny little bumblebee http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Doc/BumbleBee (6" motor to motor across sides of square) I use the OrangeRX satellite which is around the size of my thumb (link on my build page).

Quote:
Can the CC board support powering a servo, as in a tilt servo for a Y-copter
Yes. The servo headers 5V line are all bridged together so it routes power from BEC to Servo.
May 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
OK first vid 3rd flight basic hovering getting a feel of the setup. most the movements are me its hard not to wanna whip it around lol but for 3rd flight sakes taking it easy!
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hum8oNeTI

You didnt mention if you were in stable mode or not

Quick Reply