Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by jaccies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Please don't fly your board until this is sorted as it will only ever end in a crash
sure i am not flying my board , must be a print fracture so i throw it away in the trash , and arranged a good solution with dt8666 for a new board
because shipping costs for sending back is to high!!
the only thing is i have to be patient for the delivery ..to be able flying my bird
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
:
Originally Posted by dt8666
Hi,

Will also summarise the changes of 1.5e soon (maybe Mike can provide a quick snapshot here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
Yes Mike make a quick snapshot please
but you need to make also a snapshot of hardware changes,
are there hardware changes on the 5.5e board?
Buzzer or Led output are the same? , we need to use a resistor for LED ?
as promised ...no snapshot yet ??
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by dt8666
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockerdirk View Post
@dt8666
When will their be shipt, i got order id #888

grdtz Dirk
Good news as you asked this timely. the batch of board just arrived last night.

I am starting the packing and sending so order #810 will be on the 1st list and target to clear all within this week.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
as promised ...no snapshot yet ??
I remember that was given.

from Hardware, the 5.5e has the following changes as in page one:
NEW 5.5e now in production line. All the back order will be shipped with the new 5.5e. The key changes:
- LVA with LED driver
- Added the dedicated 3pin for LCD module instead of the need to split the cable
- Removed the switch for bootloader flash. Now user need to remove the Ail RX cable before any reflash of firmware using the KK Plus Flashtool

with this, the 1.5e code enable a menu to set the LVA to use as LED or as Buzzer.

and 5.5e LED output is 12V
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:11 AM
Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Epic Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
if the properties said it is Com 2, it is com 2. also to make sure it says working with no error.

and for the flash tool, please dont power up the KK Plus before you open the port. (step by step as in page 1)

you dont need radio signal. and if you are using 5.5e, please remove the Ail Cable from the KK Plus.

Hope this helps
I didnt power it before opening the port, only tried with the usb plugged in... kk disconnected.

I tried plugging in servos and powering the board up, the servos get a quick response but dont do anything, the light just continues to flash..
Old Nov 01, 2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Good news as you asked this timely. the batch of board just arrived last night.

I am starting the packing and sending so order #810 will be on the 1st list and target to clear all within this week.
good news, hope you dont forget me ...cant wait to see mail from you, you shipped it
Last edited by jaccies; Nov 02, 2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by Unpoor
Well, I have a stupid question, should the white arrow on the board point to left front engine or "between" the two front engines?

Might answer alot since It didnt run nice at all since changing from kk board to kk+, ohh its quad-x mode for me.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by LazyZero
Master of Flash
The arrow should allways point to the front. If you are flying xcopter then between the two motors
Old Nov 01, 2011, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by Unpoor
Haha ok, didnt think of that at all, since the kk board was removed I just slapped it on.. daaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. .

EDIT:
Isnt that something for the info? how to mount the board? since it differs from the kk board depending on fw,
Isnt this board aimed to be somewhat compatible with the original?, if not, put some nicer gyros on the board, couldnt hurt.
Last edited by Unpoor; Nov 01, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by nadine
vtol fan
Quote:

NEW 5.5e now in production line. All the back order will be shipped with the new 5.5e. The key changes:
- LVA with LED driver
- Added the dedicated 3pin for LCD module instead of the need to split the cable
- Removed the switch for bootloader flash. Now user need to remove the Ail RX cable before any reflash of firmware using the KK Plus Flashtool

with this, the 1.5e code enable a menu to set the LVA to use as LED or as Buzzer.

Hi....please tell me,i need always some usb avr programmer and flash tool for burn the firmware in board or only with lcd pannel !?how is work?
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:

- LVA with LED driver

Thanks, and now snapshot from Mike for firmware
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpoor View Post
Haha ok, didnt think of that at all, since the kk board was removed I just slapped it on.. daaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. .

EDIT:
Isnt that something for the info? how to mount the board? since it differs from the kk board depending on fw,
Isnt this board aimed to be somewhat compatible with the original?, if not, put some nicer gyros on the board, couldnt hurt.
The KK Plus is following the KK design, that is why you can use the standard KK firmware. The arrow is always point to front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
Hi....please tell me,i need always some usb avr programmer and flash tool for burn the firmware in board or only with lcd pannel !?how is work?
Typically, two way you can program/flash the KK Plus:

1)
If you have the serial link and KK Plus, you can use the KK Plus flashtool. No need to have AVR programmer.

2)
You also can flash the KK Plus using the AVR programmer if you prefer.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by radioactives
Southern Sweden
I have some problem with number 1 and 3 motors. No 2 and 4 spins as they should through the whole throttle range. No 1 and 3 only spins at allmost full throttle. I have calibrated the throttle range on all motors. Anyone have a clue what's wrong?n I like to add that it's no problem with motors, wires or ESC. I can swap motors and it's still port no 1 and 3.

regards

Lasse

EDit: I have one fully working KK card (the old one KK plus 5.5d, not flashed) one older flashed with latest firmware and one new 5.5e. All with Quad X. The old one work perfectly on my quad. All motors spin through the whole throttle range. The old flashed card does not. Motor port 1 and 3 does not spin until full throttle. The newest card 5.5e show the same as the old flashed card, motor port 1 and 3 does not spin until full throttle. If I did not have a fully working card, I would not have a clue what was wrong.

I have started to look for alternative cards that does not give so much problem. Hopefully there are such a card somewhere. If anyone knows a good alternative card, please let me know....
Last edited by radioactives; Nov 02, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by radioactives
Southern Sweden
I have flashed the 5.5e card and manage to get it to work, but the old card does not. Flashing seems to work perfectly without a problem, but then I'm not sure if there is some hardware problem inside the old card. That has been a troubled card since I've got it, so it'll probably end up in the waste bin....

Still have two cards left to play with and another card coming (not KK plus) for testing to fill the gap on my third quad.

regards

Lasse
Old Nov 02, 2011, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by mandis
Follow-up on order #823
thank you!
Mandis