New Hobbyking Jet - Stinger 64 - Page 65 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 08, 2011, 11:00 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
Steve C's Avatar
3s. Delta connection. Pretty much the same as stock, except a lot more copper and 7 turns on every tooth instead of the way they come which is 7 turns on 6 and 8 turns on 3. All three motors were wound that way.

I tried winding with 23 gauge and got 11 turns. It didn't have enough power on 4s so I scrapped it. It would need 22 gauge to wind it perfect for 4s.
Last edited by Steve C; Dec 08, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2011, 02:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C
3s. Delta connection. Pretty much the same as stock, except a lot more copper and 7 turns on every tooth instead of the way they come which is 7 turns on 6 and 8 turns on 3. All three motors were wound that way.

I tried winding with 23 gauge and got 11 turns. It didn't have enough power on 4s so I scrapped it. It would need 22 gauge to wind it perfect for 4s.
Ok! I'll have mine wounded 7 turns with 21 gauge too! Any pointers? Did you removed the entire stator from the backplate to rewind?
Dec 09, 2011, 11:54 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
The fact that you know how to rewind a motor and It doesn't blow up amazes me. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Dec 09, 2011, 02:46 PM
ColorTrax - laptiming app
protocol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab
The fact that you know how to rewind a motor and It doesn't blow up amazes me. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Lol, same here, to a noob like me, it's a 'dark art' right up there with alchemy and witchcraft
Dec 10, 2011, 01:25 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Ok so quick ?, do the edf rotors come different pitches or is it just the number of blades.
Dec 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
I don't want to land yet!
Different pitches and blade widths, not just number of blades...
Dec 10, 2011, 04:31 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Ok I've been looking at the 6404 het fan unit to run my stinger on 4s, but it doesn't give any specs. So was wondering.
Thanks for the info. Total newb to edfs
Dec 12, 2011, 11:55 AM
Registered User
sickwitit's Avatar
I installed a 40 amp Eflite ESC in my brand new Stinger. This ESC was ran fine on my stock Stryker Q and still has the default settings. When I move the stick above half throttle, the motor stops running, and it won't engage again until I move the stick all the way down and the fan stops spinning. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?
Dec 12, 2011, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
have you set your throttle end points and the throttle travel ??
Dec 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
I had the same issue with mine. The esc worked fine with other motors at the default setting, just not with this one (stock stinger) motor. Mine winded up shorting out and sent sparks flying out of the rear of the plane. Looked really cool, but toasted the motor.

I then got the wicked 4000 motor from don and it worked perfect didn't have to change a thing. Just plugged it in and it went.
Dec 12, 2011, 06:41 PM
Registered User
sickwitit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
have you set your throttle end points and the throttle travel ??
My DX6i radio doesn't have "end points". But the throttle travel is set to 100%. Also, the E-Flite manual doesn't list how to set the throttle range (with the throttle stick) like my Hobbywing and Turnigy manual does.
Dec 12, 2011, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit
My DX6i radio doesn't have "end points". But the throttle travel is set to 100%. Also, the E-Flite manual doesn't list how to set the throttle range (with the throttle stick) like my Hobbywing and Turnigy manual does.
could also be a timing issue. default timing on the eflite esc is 15. try lower timing.
Last edited by jim350; Dec 12, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Dec 12, 2011, 07:41 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Would a higher timing cause it to short out and burn up? Cause I was messing with that on mine and that's what happen
Dec 13, 2011, 03:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
btw what's your overall flying weight jimmy???
Sorry for the long delay in responding. i've been pretty busy of late and also had a week of not looking at anything R/C after i wrote off my hawk

Complete flying weight of my stinger64 arf with turnigy plush 80esc, erc2445-3700 edf motor, GWS64 fan, HXT900 servos, Orange 6ch receiver + satellite, Turnigy 4s 30c 3000mah LIPO

Plane weight w/o battery 560gm
battery weight 364gm

total weight 924gm
Dec 13, 2011, 11:57 AM
Registered User
sickwitit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350
Sorry for the long delay in responding. i've been pretty busy of late and also had a week of not looking at anything R/C after i wrote off my hawk

Complete flying weight of my stinger64 arf with turnigy plush 80esc, erc2445-3700 edf motor, GWS64 fan, HXT900 servos, Orange 6ch receiver + satellite, Turnigy 4s 30c 3000mah LIPO

Plane weight w/o battery 560gm
battery weight 364gm

total weight 924gm
How did you fit all that inside their? Please post pics showing where you installed the Rx + satellite, ESC, and the battery. I'm having issues with getting everything to fit in this small space.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HobbyKing Viper Jet 70mm Fibreglass Jet Jagzilla Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1591 Sep 05, 2016 06:48 PM
Discussion Stinger F3B/F3F Vaclavs new weapon! SpeedMaster Multi Task F3X 124 Aug 08, 2013 09:00 PM
For Sale Nib sr71 64 mm ducted fan jet yf22raptor Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Mar 26, 2011 02:28 PM
Discussion HobbyKing EDF 64 Identification liam2317 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Dec 20, 2009 07:52 AM