New Hobbyking Jet - Stinger 64 - Page 33 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 18, 2011, 10:24 AM
Registered User
Tribal69's Avatar

stock ESC


Hello guys,

Can anybody help me and explain me how to setup the stock 30A ESC?
I tried the HW program card but that does not work.

Take care,

Luc
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2011, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Please let us know once you put the 60A ESC and tell us the results of your flights. I bought one and I am to get it soon, all stock. By reading the thread it seems that is goes better with 4S.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis
There's a 60A ESC sitting on the shelf just waiting to make friends with a soldering iron
Aug 18, 2011, 11:02 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal69
Hello guys,

Can anybody help me and explain me how to setup the stock 30A ESC?
I tried the HW program card but that does not work.

Take care,

Luc
I had to turn it on with WOT first time, presumably to set the throttle range.
Aug 18, 2011, 11:14 AM
Suspended Account
cancelled my replacement airframe.. I won't buy untill they restock it.. I can't have them to invest my money while I wait for months.. stupid HK
Aug 18, 2011, 11:53 AM
Registered User
Tribal69's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer
I had to turn it on with WOT first time, presumably to set the throttle range.
I am new to airplanes please explain what WOT means.
Thanks
Aug 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
Mildly Confused
Paul 1968's Avatar
It means wide open throttle mate. Often you gain access to speed controllers programming mode by switching on with the throttle stick pushed all the way forwards, i.e. wide open throttle.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Tribal69's Avatar
@Paul :thx that's what I thought
I just gave the ESC its throttle calibration but the motor is not running
Any ideas ???
Aug 18, 2011, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
yes.. do you hear any beeps.. pull full throttle back once you plug everything and also full trim back.. wait for initializing beeps.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mildly Confused
Paul 1968's Avatar
I have a couple of speed controllers that will not start unless the throttle trim is pulled all the way back. The ones I have need to see absolute zero throttle. Try it, that may be your problem.
Aug 18, 2011, 01:36 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968
I have a couple of speed controllers that will not start unless the throttle trim is pulled all the way back. The ones I have need to see absolute zero throttle. Try it, that may be your problem.
Indeed - I also have this problem! forgot to suggest that!
Aug 18, 2011, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Tribal69's Avatar
I tried the throttle trim all the way down but still no good result.
I here the ESC counts the correct amount of cells in the LiPo I tried a 2S and 3S no difference.
It seems like the motor is trying to start but it gets not enough power although the LiPo is fully charged.
Aug 18, 2011, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal69
I tried the throttle trim all the way down but still no good result.
I here the ESC counts the correct amount of cells in the LiPo I tried a 2S and 3S no difference.
It seems like the motor is trying to start but it gets not enough power although the LiPo is fully charged.

heh.. sounds like 1 of the motor wires is disconnected.. do you hear weak beeps?
Aug 18, 2011, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Tribal69's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
heh.. sounds like 1 of the motor wires is disconnected.. do you hear weak beeps?
That came also in my mind but I got into the setup menu and for some reason the brake was ON instead of OFF so I changed that and now the motor is spinning up.
End good all good
Thanks to you guys helping me with ideas to solve the problem.
I fly helis and airplanes are completely new to me so any tips are very welcome.
Aug 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
Registered User
cwilde's Avatar
Finally maidened my Stinger this evening! First EDF for me. Flew great! Great adrenalin rush! Flew stock with an 1800 3s first, then flew again with a 2200 3s. Both worked great. 1800 may have been a bit tail heavy, but I'm a bit of a noob to the EDF scene, so who knows?

The stickers don't seem to hold up too well to long grass belly landings... or was it peeling back and flaking off from the speed??? (joke) Either way, I'm going to have to give him a new paintjob at some point. Anyone painted yet? I would love to see a few ideas.

Cheers,

Cam
Aug 19, 2011, 01:33 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilde
Anyone painted yet? I would love to see a few ideas.
Only the wing and that wasn't particularly inspirational
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=336


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HobbyKing Viper Jet 70mm Fibreglass Jet Jagzilla Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1591 Sep 05, 2016 07:48 PM
Discussion Stinger F3B/F3F Vaclavs new weapon! SpeedMaster Multi Task F3X 124 Aug 08, 2013 10:00 PM
For Sale Nib sr71 64 mm ducted fan jet yf22raptor Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Mar 26, 2011 03:28 PM
Discussion HobbyKing EDF 64 Identification liam2317 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Dec 20, 2009 08:52 AM