New Hobbyking Jet - Stinger 64 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 25, 2011, 02:37 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Any resemblance to the GBR Jet 'Stinger' must be purely co-incidental



It's a sport jet just like all the others. The Habu, Meteor, HET Sniper, Electra, Spark, BVM Bandit, Evader and any others. In fact if you look at the intakes and the elevators they are different and not just a copy like the Meteor to the Habu.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2011, 04:00 PM
still trying to get it right
yakhakker's Avatar
The main difference is that this one is 600 sterling but it does come with retracts.
May 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
bwoollia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker
The main difference is that this one is 600 sterling but it does come with retracts.
AND a 90mm fan power system or turbine, AND it's composite, etc etc. They're about as similar as my minivan is to a Ferrari.
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
May 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
still trying to get it right
yakhakker's Avatar
Or there's this, a something sport 70
Last edited by yakhakker; Jan 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM.
May 26, 2011, 07:57 AM
DominicM
DominicM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia
AND a 90mm fan power system or turbine, AND it's composite, etc etc. They're about as similar as my minivan is to a Ferrari.
Good grief. I was referring to the name and logo not the airframe itself.
May 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
bwoollia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Good grief. I was referring to the name and logo not the airframe itself.
You know, I didn't even notice. Sorry about that!

It's like my minivan with a Ferrari hood ornament on it.
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
May 26, 2011, 12:16 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
Well in our defense you didn't say the decals look the same. Hard to tell from your post what you meant. Sorry......It could have been a little clearer though.
May 26, 2011, 02:06 PM
DominicM
DominicM's Avatar
Don't sweat it. It's amusing is all. The designer of the Stinger is a good friend of mine and I came up with the name and logo. Took a while to come up with the name from a long list of a few hundred. Not surprised someone else would come out with a mass produced product of the same name. Low effort. There is no comparison between the two products so good luck to them I say.
May 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Hoping for vids of this baby in action soon.
May 27, 2011, 03:11 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
ApexAero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Was it my imagination or did that first flight in the intro last about 6 seconds before going down?
That was a Cougar,,, whats with the warped wing in the demo vid?
Bad act...more ego than sinse
May 27, 2011, 06:04 AM
Oh Yeah!
SteveC68's Avatar
HK's Stinger looks nothing like GBR's Stinger. In fact the GBR Stinger looks exactly like the HET Sniper which in turn looks like a miniature version of some of BVM's sport jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Any resemblance to the GBR Jet 'Stinger' must be purely co-incidental

May 27, 2011, 06:58 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
ApexAero's Avatar
Why haven't I seen this Stinger? How come it didn't sweep the market like this Habu sled?
Last edited by ApexAero; Jul 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spel
May 27, 2011, 07:18 AM
DominicM
DominicM's Avatar
It's not mass produced like the Habu32. It's a fully composite airframe. Small batches are made by GBR Jet. Contact Marc at GBR Jet for more info.
May 27, 2011, 07:20 AM
DominicM
DominicM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC68
HK's Stinger looks nothing like GBR's Stinger. In fact the GBR Stinger looks exactly like the HET Sniper which in turn looks like a miniature version of some of BVM's sport jets.
Catch up. Try reading post 23.
May 27, 2011, 07:27 AM
Oh Yeah!
SteveC68's Avatar
See this should have been your first post. But instead you had to include a picture of the GRB Stinger with no hint of your true intentions. You turned out to look a tool in the process. Maybe next time you will think before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Don't sweat it. It's amusing is all. The designer of the Stinger is a good friend of mine and I came up with the name and logo. Took a while to come up with the name from a long list of a few hundred. Not surprised someone else would come out with a mass produced product of the same name. Low effort. There is no comparison between the two products so good luck to them I say.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HobbyKing Viper Jet 70mm Fibreglass Jet Jagzilla Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1591 Sep 05, 2016 07:48 PM
Discussion Stinger F3B/F3F Vaclavs new weapon! SpeedMaster Multi Task F3X 124 Aug 08, 2013 10:00 PM
For Sale Nib sr71 64 mm ducted fan jet yf22raptor Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Mar 26, 2011 03:28 PM
Discussion HobbyKing EDF 64 Identification liam2317 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Dec 20, 2009 08:52 AM