Feb 04, 2013, 11:24 PM
Ok, all very good advice, thanks to everyone ;-)

Now I just have to play the waiting game while this plane is in the postal system . . . . . . . .
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2013, 11:46 PM
I've had about ten flights on the Stinger in a complete stock setup without any expo or low and high rates, only thing I did was set the servo end points at 60% on ailerons and elevator. It's a bit sensitive but very manageable, this was my first EDF and I'm getting really comfortable with it and starting to really enjoy it.
Feb 06, 2013, 12:04 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86
I've had about ten flights on the Stinger in a complete stock setup without any expo or low and high rates, only thing I did was set the servo end points at 60% on ailerons and elevator. It's a bit sensitive but very manageable, this was my first EDF and I'm getting really comfortable with it and starting to really enjoy it.
Good to hear. Its still my go to edf while I build my habu 2. I used to be a little nervous flying it at first, but now its relaxing and lots of fun.

Cheers
Feb 06, 2013, 02:11 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
I had my first successful maiden yesterday.
2200mah 3s bat, all the way forward.
I needed 3 tries to get her in the air with the third being a hefty toss at near level attitude.
Once the air got flowing through the fan, she flew extremely stable and manageable.
Nice Plane and fun to fly (now that I know what to do!)
Cheers,
Patrick
Feb 06, 2013, 10:52 PM
Didn't have alot of experience on planes when I bought this jet and I think the photos show! Working on a bungee launch at the moment. It was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle putting her back together lol.

Feb 07, 2013, 12:30 AM
The Sequel
Nice work, well done! What happened if you don't mind me asking? Before the crash that is!
Feb 07, 2013, 12:31 AM
fan friggin tastic repair job. love it.

Rich
Feb 07, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Wow!! Impressive rebuild! Way to go!
Feb 07, 2013, 12:39 AM
C.E.R.N. field tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustint209
Didn't have alot of experience on planes when I bought this jet and I think the photos show! Working on a bungee launch at the moment. It was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle putting her back together lol.

Nice repair job, but its gonna be heavy. Full throttle into the wind. Good luck.
Feb 07, 2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercollider
Nice repair job, but its gonna be heavy. Full throttle into the wind. Good luck.
Heavy? Doubt it. Just a little paint and glue won't make much of a difference on this jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton
Wow!! Impressive rebuild! Way to go!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7
fan friggin tastic repair job. love it.

Rich
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2
Nice work, well done! What happened if you don't mind me asking? Before the crash that is!
I'm not real sure, just lack of experience I guess. It was just a bad day for everybody at the field. I watched a guy crash his $600 heli than another guy wrecked his $900 90cc plane. I think the flying gods were pissed that day lol. Here is the video of the crash.
Feb 07, 2013, 09:34 AM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakofonixx
I don't think you need a flight stabilizer for the stinger at all the plane is steady enough even on high weight loads like mine
I agreed that one isn't "needed", but I'd like to have one at least on the rudder. She wagges her tail around pretty good in anything above a gentle breeze.
I have a HK gyro that saw exactly one flight in my Parkzone T28. After adjusting the gain I was having a ball cutting solidly through 10g15 winds until I tried an inverted circuit. The gyro-stabilized ailerons slowed down the roll rate enough that I ended up plowing into the ground nose first, total destruction.
Anyway don't think there's enough room inside my Stinger to mount it so not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Nice Plane and fun to fly (now that I know what to do!)
Cheers,
Patrick
Congrats! The Stinger is my first (and only) EDF, and I put about 12 fun flights on her with the stock power system and 3S before going to Don's 4S set-up.

Very nice repair job Dustin! Looks great in silver.
The nose of my stinger has been repaired twice.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2180
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2198
Not as drastic as yours (since I pre-strengthened her with 1x4mm CF strips) but I don't notice any difference with the additional weight. Still floats in beautifully for landings, and esp on 4S has no problems with thrust or climb rate. Wouldn't mind a bit longer flight times but 3:30 or so of an adrenaline rush is really enough for me...
Feb 07, 2013, 11:44 AM

Please help...

Dear all..
Please help me..
Im a new edf's pilot..
Please tell me how many dual rate and expo rate for me as a noob pilot...?

Please... Please help...

Sorry for my bad english
Feb 07, 2013, 12:21 PM
The stalling italian
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMonk
Please tell me how many dual rate and expo rate for me as a noob pilot...?
I use 50% D/R with 30% for both aile and ele on position 0, 80% D/R with 15% expo for aile and ele on position 1.
I leave the rudder at 100% D/R with 15% expo.

With this settings she flies smooth and she's not twitchy. I'd like to see what other people use too though.
Feb 07, 2013, 01:27 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
dustin...nice paint job and repair.
beware that and glue and paint is heavier than most think. i repaired my stinger a few times and then repainted the entire thing. I definately could tell that it stalled at a much higher speed towards the end of my repairs. Just keep it fast.
Feb 07, 2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gionir
I use 50% D/R with 30% for both aile and ele on position 0, 80% D/R with 15% expo for aile and ele on position 1.
I leave the rudder at 100% D/R with 15% expo.

With this settings she flies smooth and she's not twitchy. I'd like to see what other people use too though.
Ah... Thanks for the information sir...
I'll try it...
Thankyou........

Quick Reply