Aug 30, 2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markz
Yep, that's exactly it

It's probably always stopping at the same place because of sun's direction
Your gyro is probably still good, it would be nice to see if someone can duplicate this

Thanks for the vid

Marc
I'm quite sure the Sun direction wasn't a factor, at other times it was spinning a full 360 and stopping pointing at a different heading. I thought that changes in temperature (passing clouds, moving from the shade to sunlit areas) may had been the case, but the beheaviour was too random for that, on the other hand it may well be that being exposed to sunlight triggers the issue.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2011, 01:27 PM
Apoligies for resurrecting the thread.
I ordered a HK401B with the hope it would contain the ENC-03R sensor but I received the new one. Does anybody know what the scale factor is for the HK401B with the new style sensor? I am feeding the gyro with 5V and havent removed the "10.3" resistor.
The ENC-03R should have 0.67mV/degree/sec
I want to use this gyro for some analysis of motion together with a Arduino Uno.
Apr 02, 2012, 11:32 PM
Hey, ive got a few questions.
So i was flying my tri with a kkboard(older metal can type gyro boards) and it rolled with no warning, after checking everything I noticed the solder pads on the roll gyro broke off, which must of caused the crash. (The boards glue came loose and the vibrations must of caused the solder pads to break.)
I had a spare hk401b gyro, so I opened it up and it had the new sensor. I removed the 103 resistor and bridged the pads together. Soldered the new gyro board in and hoped it would work with 5v, but nothing happens. As in the gyro does not do anything when the tri rolls.
Does that mean I need to run it on 3v?
If so what resisters do I change to do so, keeping in mind the yaw and pitch are the older type gyro's running on 5v.
Thanks!!!!

Oh and sorry for replying to an old thread. :S
Apr 06, 2012, 07:12 AM
anyone?

Quick Reply