May 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
New Product

Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone?

Frank fjs made me attentive to this new heli, which bears a quite close resemblence to the Solo Pro.

I like the seperate servos, and the skids seem a bit more durable, but apart from that, I can't see any differences...

http://www.helipal.com/jc-9c002-mini...e-edition.html
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2011, 02:03 PM
I Like Deraring
Interesting...looks good
May 25, 2011, 12:33 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
The head, frame and tail assembly have a striking resemblance to the Solo Pro, but it looks like there are some subtle differences, perhaps even improvements.

Here are some pics of the swash and main shaft:

The electronics are obviously different, separated servos means it may be cheaper to repair as you could just buy the servos on their own without needing to replace the entire main board. The main board on its own is listed at $23.

Skids look stronger, battery has a different connector and is connected via a wired plug.

The canopy seems to be held in place via screws which I don't like, but it's no big deal.

Seems there are at least 3 colours available, you can see them here, in the parts listing:

http://www.helipal.com/spare-part_jc...ers-parts.html

Black one looks kind of cool:

Spare parts seem cheap too.

TX is reminiscent of an MSR RTF TX, looks okay but not great. It seems to come in 2 versions as well, IR and 2.4G.

I like the price, and the fact that the standard RTF package includes both a wall charger and a USB charger, as well as spare main and tail blades and one of those crappy jewellers screwdrivers.

I don't think there's much point in getting this heli if you already have a Solo Pro, I imagine they would be very similar. Still, I would really love to hear what it's like if someone here grabs one.
May 25, 2011, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
The swash has 2 guidance pins?
May 25, 2011, 12:54 PM
Raager Dat
hahahhaha nice catch SoloPro, that is pretty odd indeed.

I do love the canopy graphics tho, got to get me some to stick on my solo pro.

Looks pretty well build, and seems to be a cross of MSR and Nine Eagles.

Wonder what's up with the IR looking 2.4ghz.....
May 25, 2011, 01:00 PM
Parts are on sale here, 3 canopies to choose from at $4.90 each: http://www.helipal.com/spare-part_jc...ers-parts.html

You can also get the matching tail boom, though it looks like some soldering is required.

I might try some of these parts in my Solo Pro one day.
May 25, 2011, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
This heli also seems to need a lot of screws...

May 25, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'd be interested to know if the main shaft and swash is interchangeable, and if they are any better.

My only complaint with a stock SP is the wobbling presumably caused by the loose blade pivots.
May 25, 2011, 01:20 PM
Haven't you put tape on the pivots yet? That did the trick for me.
May 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
Nah, too lazy to take it apart. I'll wait for something to break, then I'll have a look at the pivots, having too much fun flying it to bother at the moment. I bought a heap of spares thinking I would need them, and at this rate I don't think I'll ever need to open some of them.
May 25, 2011, 01:42 PM
My name is Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs
[...]
The electronics are obviously different, separated servos means it may be cheaper to repair as you could just buy the servos on their own without needing to replace the entire main board. The main board on its own is listed at $23.
[...]
mmmh, it seems there is no servo replacements in the spare parts listing, are they everlasting?
May 25, 2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
The swash has 2 guidance pins?
hmmmm. that could be a possible replacement to the MSR's swash in "extremely ultra advanced mode ball linkages setting " ?

May 25, 2011, 10:30 PM
Raager Dat
Now all we needs someone to be a guinea pig, and find out if it's a piece o crud or not. If so, rip it apart and try it's components on other helicopters such as the MSR or Solo Pro.
May 26, 2011, 07:48 AM
Helipal released a video:

Helipal.com - JC 9C002 Mini Helicopter Test Flight 01 (3 min 38 sec)

Seems you can also charge the heli lipo from the TX, like the Solo Pro.

Looks a little tame, and didn't appear to corner as well as a Solo Pro, but it's hard to judge from just one video.
May 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
Raager Dat
Judging from that footage it's like a dang coaxial.

Really stable and not really fast or responsive, which would make it a good option for a congested little inside room.

I don't see it flying outside much, if that's all it's got.

Quick Reply