Oct 17, 2001, 08:47 PM
Thread OP

Rotor Balancing

Since the search function doesn't seem to be working, I decided to just post a thread.

I'm curious as to what everybody uses for weight when balancing main rotor blades. Include your favorite method to fasten the weights on.

I know how much weight I need to add, and where to add it. I just want ideas on how to do it.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2001, 11:00 PM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan

hey ,

well, I dont know if other guys uses the same methed as I do , but here it goes , well after you have the blades weighed out the same, then find the CGs of each blade and mark then with a pin and then stand them up against each other and see if the match each other , it not you will need to ad ( what I use is electrical tape) to help the CG to move and you will need to ad the same weight that you put on the end of the blade to the blade at the center of the cg mark , man I hope you catch my drift,

Tony
Oct 18, 2001, 09:56 AM
Tony

I found this site, on blades. Have a look

http://www.helifever.com/intro/setup.cfm

Wayne
Oct 18, 2001, 12:12 PM
Thanks Wayne for posting that site. It's the best one I've seen.
Nov 02, 2001, 01:05 PM
Is chordwise balancing needed too?

Quick Reply