Apr 20, 2018, 02:01 AM
Hi, thanks for the plans, can you please tell what is the sweep size as it is not mentioned in the plans. thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2018, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhan
Hi, thanks for the plans, can you please tell what is the sweep size as it is not mentioned in the plans. thanks.
its meant to be constructed from a single piece of 30" (30x20") foamboard (aka Dollartree foamboard)....that means since the wingtips are 8" (inc ail), the sweep is 20"-8"=12" on a 30" wingspan
Jan 20, 2019, 05:32 AM
Hello everyone ,
after seeing this design ,i build one too.
my combining two materials CORO and DEPRON. the base is made with coro, to absorb impact and hard belly landing, and upper part is made with depron.
very thin piece of wood is glued to the entire leading edge of the wing.
so now its crash proof. have impacted twice ,without any damage.

below are some pics

here is a small video

SEW-SLO Rc delta plane (0 min 40 sec)
Last edited by swizera; Jan 20, 2019 at 05:58 AM.
Aug 03, 2019, 12:56 PM
There is not enough words for how good this design fly's. The peanut gallery at my club can be tough some days and the complements were pouring in. I can honestly say this is now hands down my favorite plane to put in the air. I have only been flying fixed wings for a few months and this build made me look like a halfway competent pilot.

I was looking for an easy first build project and it needed to be a pusher since I was pulling the drive from an Opterra 1.2 that had seen better days. The SLEW-SLO fit the ticket and you cant beat the price! I widened the wing by 2" to accommodate the folding prop spinner of the Opterra and was a little worried that my CG would be off. Its nearly spot on and I went ahead and scaled out slightly larger winglets after reading through this thread and feedback.

Took her out today on the first official maiden after doing a few power-on tests in the backyard. Heard "fly's like its on rails", "you built that?" and quite a few questions about where I got the plans. She nosed in twice while I was testing out the stall characteristics, a better pilot could have probably pulled out of both.

The motor mount is made out of hot glued popsicle sticks and balsa bracing. With the heavier motor/prop combo I went ahead and laid down extra tape and used a paint stirrer for a wing brace and extra tail weight. Also I built up a bit of bottom skid/ motor mount protector out of scrap foam, liberal hot glue and strapping tape. Thinking about playing with a full KF wing or maybe the mini next.
Last edited by marredbeing; Aug 03, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
Aug 03, 2019, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marredbeing
There is not enough words for how good this design fly's. The peanut gallery at my club can be tough some days and the complements were pouring in. I can honestly say this is now hands down my favorite plane to put in the air. I have only been flying fixed wings for a few months and this build made me look like a halfway competent pilot.

I was looking for an easy first build project and it needed to be a pusher since I was pulling the drive from an Opterra 1.2 that had seen better days. The SLEW-SLO fit the ticket and you cant beat the price! I widened the wing by 2" to accommodate the folding prop spinner of the Opterra and was a little worried that my CG would be off. Its nearly spot on and I went ahead and scaled out slightly larger winglets after reading through this thread and feedback.

Took her out today on the first official maiden after doing a few power-on tests in the backyard. Heard "fly's like its on rails", "you built that?" and quite a few questions about where I got the plans. She nosed in twice while I was testing out the stall characteristics, a better pilot could have probably pulled out of both.

The motor mount is made out of hot glued popsicle sticks and balsa bracing. With the heavier motor/prop combo I went ahead and laid down extra tape and used a paint stirrer for a wing brace and extra tail weight. Also I built up a bit of bottom skid/ motor mount protector out of scrap foam, liberal hot glue and strapping tape. Thinking about playing with a full KF wing or maybe the mini next.
glad you are enjoying it!
Dec 10, 2019, 03:04 PM
[intentionally blank]
I'm thinking of building this around a brushless motor I have for a GWS Slowstick. I don't know much about electric motors but I know it is originally from a quadcopter, it is a DYS SE2205-2300KV motor (whatever that is) running on 2S 1300mah batteries with a 18 amp ESC.

I'm wondering if I can make this kit work for some kind of scaled up/down wing. It looks easy enough to put together a decent motor mount and I have the electronics too.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:36 PM
Retired CAD guy
Here is my take from the PDF provided way back at the beginning.
It's a 55 1/2" span layout on standard Depron or MPF sheeting.
Scale it to suit your tastes.
You could even use 3mm depron for a really light outcome.

Merry Christmas

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service

Quick Reply