May 18, 2011, 01:01 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Discussion

New bird in the nest!

My first build for these 1 gram Rx from Flydream, a bit in the "House of Frog" spirit and between the junior and senior serie in size. The span is 14" with a 3mm Depron wing with sanded airfoil. The fuselage is mostly 1/16" balsa with a foam top and covered in Solite. So far it weigth about 24.5 gram with the motor installed(AD-C5 /3700Kv) and balance perfect so I am wondering about using Toki,AS-2000 servos. The esc will be TGY DP 3A and GWS 4530 prop with one 180<240mA cell which I have used before in a heavier foam Me-109 FF conversion.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2011, 01:58 PM
foam gone wild!
make me one!
May 19, 2011, 05:18 AM
Things that do fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
My first build for these 1 gram Rx from Flydream, a bit in the "House of Frog" spirit and between the junior and senior serie in size. The span is 14" with a 3mm Depron wing with sanded airfoil. The fuselage is mostly 1/16" balsa with a foam top and covered in Solite. So far it weigth about 24.5 gram with the motor installed(AD-C5 /3700Kv) and balance perfect so I am wondering about using Toki,AS-2000 servos. The esc will be TGY DP 3A and GWS 4530 prop with one 180<240mA cell which I have used before in a heavier foam Me-109 FF conversion.
How many birds in your nest now ?family pic ?
May 19, 2011, 10:37 AM
Nice little plane. Let us know how the maiden goes.

None of my business, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary metal hung on that motor.
May 20, 2011, 09:33 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Did some more work on it today. It now comes at 28.3 grams with motor,prop,esc and foam cowl glued on + a 1/32" landing gear (I like ROG). The Rx will be another gram and 6 grams for a 240mA Zippy so now I have to chose what servos to use! it still balance at 25% chord(with the not so heavy prop adapter)I might even be able to try the FD servos in it and still be around 45 grams.
Jun 12, 2011, 04:39 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Forgot to post again since last time! The bird has flown now several time and proved a nice stable flyer. Wind is a problem around here to fly outdoor so I can only go out in the evening just before sun down I'll make the next build a bit heavier (this one's came out a 45 grams with 180mA bat.)to be less floatty. I'll also go for a build-up wing since the 3mm depron I have now show sign of actually flapping a bit
Jun 13, 2011, 02:32 PM
Things that do fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Forgot to post again since last time! The bird has flown now several time and proved a nice stable flyer. Wind is a problem around here to fly outdoor so I can only go out in the evening just before sun down I'll make the next build a bit heavier (this one's came out a 45 grams with 180mA bat.)to be less floatty. I'll also go for a build-up wing since the 3mm depron I have now show sign of actually flapping a bit
You could just glue a cf rod along the wing length underneath to make stiff ?