Hobby Lobby Senior Telemaster Plus ARF Review

The Senior Telemaster Plus ARF is the newest generation Telemaster in the already impressive lineup, updated to include large flaps and a high quality hardware package.

Splash

Introduction

Wingspan:94" 2388mm
Wing Area:1330 sq in
Wing type:Built up balsa flat airfoil
AUW weight:Advertised 9 lbs (4.1kg) Actual 9lb 5oz (4255g)
Length:64" (1626mm)
Wing loading:~16.2oz/sq ft
Cube loading:5.3
Transmitter:Hitec Aurora 9
Servos:6 - Standard
Receiver:Optima 9
Battery:6s Thunder Power G6 Pro-Lite 25c 3900 mAh LiPoly
Motor:700-1100w Brushless Outrunner
ESC:Castle Creations ICE 75 ESC
US distributor:Hobby Lobby
Sr. Telemaster Plus ARF:Sr. Telemaster Plus ARF
ARF Price:$349.99

Hobby Lobby has released another Telemaster to the existing robust lineup. This new Telemaster Plus ARF is a stunning beauty that is an updated version of the Senior size Telemaster. It has a 94" span and 1330 sq in. of wing area, but it includes some all new perks. First and foremost it has huge flaps! The flaps are nearly half of the span and slow this version of the Telemaster to new unseen slow flight magic. For those familiar with the Telemaster know how difficult a task that is since all Telemasters tend to slow remarkably well. It also includes a two piece wing with an aluminum joiner tube and attractive airfoil shaped aluminum struts. The hardware included with the all new Telemaster Plus is excellent quality and many of the parts are red anodized aluminum. This new Telemaster Plus is definitely worth a look.

The new Telemaster box contains the enormous plane. This is a high quality ARF model that adds flaps a two piece wing and stabilizer. Perfect for easy transport to the field even in smaller vehicles.

Kit Contents

The review package shipped from Hobby Lobby and it arrived in good condition. It was exceptionally well packaged and the contents in the box were isolated and protected from shifting during shipment. It is shipped in a large oversize box so plan to expand the porch for the delivery man!

As expected with Hobby Lobby this new Telemaster included a basic English, pictorial manual with a few key instructions on the mail assembly points. The build of the Telemaster Plus is intended for those who have already tackled a ARF of two. Telemaster Plus Manual

Kit includes:

• Pre-built and Oracover film covered balsa/ply fuselage
  • Balsa and ply flat bottom airfoil wing
  • Horizontal stabilizer covered and ready for no glue bolt-on attachment
  • Rudder and fin ready for installation
  • Conventional landing gear with shock absorbing spring to smooth out those few less than perfect landings
  • Massive spring loaded tail wheel assembly
  • Magnet attached, huge top load battery hatch
  • Factory drilled point type hinges ready for gluing
  • Anodized aluminum joiner tubes and painted airfoil shaped functional struts
  • Hardware (Pushrods, torque rods, keepers and horns)

Kit requires:

• 700-1100w brushless motor (60 glow equivalent)
  • 60-90 AMP ESC
  • 5s-6s LiPoly battery
  • 6 Full size servos (2-ailerons, 2-flaps, elevator, rudder)
  • 5 channel minimum receiver
  • 5 channel minimum transmitter
  • 4 - 24" servo extensions
  • 2 - 12" servo extensions
  • 1 - "Y" connector (ailerons)

Included for this review:

<font size=-2>Castle Creations ICE 75 AMP ESC</font>
Castle Creations ICE 75 AMP ESC
Continuous maximum current:75 amps
Input Voltage:2S-8S LiPo
Weight:108g (3.8oz)
BEC:5 AMP Switching BEC
MSRP:$119.99

<font size=-2>Thunder Power G6 Pro Lite 6s 3900mAh LiPo battery</font>
Thunder Power G6 Pro Lite 6s 3900mAh LiPo battery
Capacity:3900mAh
Voltage:22.2v
Number of cells:6
Weight:534g
C Rating:25C
Max. Continuous Current:97.5A
MSRP:$159.99

The Castle Creations ICE 75 AMP ESC and Thunder Power 6s pack were perfect for providing power for the Telemaster Plus. I have used these products many times in the past with flawless results. Both performed without a single issue in this large model. I used a 1200 watt 435g motor I had on the bench for power.

Assembly

The Hobby Lobby Telemaster Plus is an ARF with most of the difficult work completed. Based on the instructions it is clear they intend for experienced assemblers with a few ARF's or kits under their belt. The Telemaster assembly was straightforward but see the writeup for a few areas to focus on.

The Telemaster Plus ARF included highly prefabricated offerings, including painted struts and a very attractive hardware package that included heavy-duty, red anodized aluminum parts. The entire model was factory covered with genuine Oracover iron on covering arranged in an attractive, multi-color sport scheme. The Telemaster Plus will take a number of hours to have ready for flight.

Done by the factory:

• Entire model covered with attractive Oracover iron-on covering
  • Control surfaces had holes drilled for the pin-type hinges
  • Tubes were factory installed in the wings and horizontal stab for the aluminum joiners
  • Factory installed blind nuts for the stab and wing retention screws
  • Factory installed blind nuts for the wing struts and landing gear components

The builder needs to:

• Install the servos and radio equipment
  • Install the motor and ESC
  • Install the control surfaces and glue pin hinges
  • Install the tail surfaces
  • Install the landing gear and tail wheel

Wing

The wing halves for the new Telemaster Plus ARF attach directly to the fuselage sides using two aluminum tubes. The struts attach to the fuselage side using the a common bolt for the landing gear and a bolt that threads into factory installed blind nuts at the wing attachment point.

The wings come off the fuselage for transportation to and from the field. Servos attach directly to the wing bottoms allowing for short direct linkages to both the aileron and flap surfaces. Standard servos are called for with the Telemaster Plus and provide plenty of power for this slow flyer.

Installation of the servos was a snap. Even though the surfaces are large standard servos have plenty of torque. No need for expensive digital or metal gear servos in this model. I used some old Futaba servos for the flaps and Hitec HS-325HB for all other control surfaces.

The flap installation was made simple by using standard flat nylon hinges that were mounted directly to the flap and wing surface. If you desire a bit or red paint will make them all but disappear. I pre-drilled some small pilot holes for the screws to bite into the wood in the wing and on the flap surface. The hinges will need their holes enlarged to accept the screws. Since both flaps had the holes drilled on the same side I used a computer radio mix in the Aurora 9 to reverse the direction of one flap servo. The Aurora 9 programing made this a snap. If you don't have a two flap servo mix built into your system you could use a programmable mix.

The Telemaster Plus includes an quality hardware package including these heavy duty pushrods. You can see the red anodized aluminum connectors.

The ailerons install using the included pin-type hinges and epoxy glue. I found it necessary to enlarge the holes for proper fit of the pin hinges. Assure you use tiny bit of petroleum jelly right in the hinge joint. This will keep any excess epoxy from getting into the live hinge and gluing them in a fixed position.

The wings mated perfectly to the fuselage sides. The simple butt joint forms against the fuselage and allows you to easily separate the wings for transportation. This is certainly desired with the 94" wing span.

I very rarely deviate from instruction recommendations when doing a review model. I felt the need to do that with the Telemaster Plus review. Instructions recommended that you install wing retention bolts in both the main wing tube and the anti-rotation tube, installed in the rear portion of the wing. Since the wing struts were installed in-line with the main wing tube I elected not to install those wing retention bolts. Between the struts and the bolts installed in the rear anti-rotation wing rod there will be no problem keeping the wing against the fuselage sides. With many flights now performed, I have not experienced any issues with wing separation.

The wing struts are really a work of art. They are air-foiled and painted to match the red covering used. They are pre-drilled by the factory and install in seconds.

Fuselage

The cavernous fuselage on the new Telemaster Plus appears to be wider than the original Sr. Telemaster. The servos are mounted externally on the fuselage sides under the horizontal stabilizer. I cut openings in the covering with a sharp hobby knife. A minimum of 24" extensions are needed for these servos.

The Telemaster Plus comes with a massive heavy duty tail wheel assembly. The red anodized aluminum assembly mounts to the rear of the fuselage. The rudder and fin were then marked and covering trimmed and epoxy was used to glue to the tail. The tail wheel wire did not align with the factory hole drilled in the rudder. It was necessary for me to re-drill the rudder to allow the wire to fit properly. Use epoxy to glue the wire to the rudder.

The horizontal stabilizer was the next step in the process. The Telemaster Plus allows you to remove the horizontal stabilizer and elevator assembly for easier transportation to the field. This will be very welcome for those with smaller vehicles. Assure you dry fit the assembly before you attach that to the fuselage. Doing that showed that my elevator wires were much too long. It was necessary to cut that wire, re-file a flat spot for the center joiner. Careful fitting here will avoid some assembly frustration.

Rather than using one elevator servo with the complicated elevator assembly it would have been easier to use two elevator servos for the Telemaster Plus. Two smaller servos and horns on each elevator half would be a much easier assembly method. While the ailerons and flaps had wonderful screw type heavy-duty horns the elevator and rudder used typical nylon horns. It would have been nice to see the hardware upgrade for the tail control horns!

Main Gear

The main gear attaches to the fuselage with bolts and red anodized aluminum plates. The fuse has blocks with blind nuts installed. Again the hardware was great but the fit was just a touch off. The bolts would not engage the blinds nuts in my model. So I slightly enlarged the holes in the straps, then the bolts dropped right in.

Power System

The firewall has plenty of cooling holes for the battery. I was happy to see this often neglected step. The motor is actually attached to a motor box, then that entire assembly was attached to the firewall. This made a quick and efficient attachment method for the motor. Use thread locking compound all all power system bolts.

Now on to the installation of the ESC. I choose the reliable and powerful Castle Creations ICE 75 ESC for the Telemaster Plus. I decided that nose weight would be good so I mounted that right to the bottom of the motor mount. It would allow fantastic cooling and the beefy ICE ESC looks cool hanging out in the air! I am a big fan of the ICE controllers. I find them completely reliable and they are assembled here in the USA. They are outstanding quality and have warranty support if ever needed. I highly recommend the ICE controllers.

There is a bottom hatch that allow you to mount the receiver nearly anywhere you want in the fuselage. The 24" extensions for the tail servos may have you a bit limited but 36" could be used if desired. I mounted mine right to the top of the fuselage. The radio system hatch was attached by screws. It would have been nice too see magnets used here just as was done in the battery hatch. The Telemaster also included another hatch to be used with a drop mechanism.

Now it was time to focus on the battery area. The Telemaster Plus has a large, magnet secured battery hatch in the top of the fuselage. It is sure great to have a top hatch for battery changes as it speeds battery access appreciably.

Amp draws

I used a 60 size glow equivalent brushless outrunner for the Telemaster Plus. The motor I used was capable of sustained 1200 watt output and that was plenty of motivation for this plane.

The Thunder Power Pro-Lite G6 pack has been performing flawlessly in the Telemaster even on these hot 100+ degree days we have had this summer. The generic 60 size motor produced the following results:

Motor statistics on 6s
XOAR Light Electric Propeller Amps Watts Voltage
14x8 57 1289 22.6v

These power levels gave the Telemaster Plus far more power than needed. To be very candid the last half of the throttle stick just made more noise but the large Telemaster lumbered on at about the same speed. I actually propped down and have flown this plane on as little as 700 watts of power! I think about 900-1000 watts are perfect for the Telemaster Plus and a large prop with lower pitch is just what the Doctor ordered.

Battery

I used the capable Thunder Power G6 Pro-Lite battery for the Telemaster. These packs are high quality, have an excellent warranty and they perform exactly as advertised. They are true 25C packs and in today's battery market that is not a claim many can make. I fully trust the Thunder Power line and have been a long time customer of their quality products. What is more they are very light! Performance of the G6 Thunder Power pack was simply stunning as can be seen by the high voltage under load.

Finish

The new Telemaster Plus was covered using Oracover iron-on film. The attractive sport scheme includes a white and red base with blue and teal accent stripes. It is VERY attractive and shows up well in flight. The 94" wing helps with that too! The aluminum struts were painted red and matched the covering perfectly. I very attractive plane on the ground and in the air.

Drop Box

Telemaster Plus Drop Box

• Size Dimensions: 5-7/8 in. x 3-3/8 in. x 6-1/2 in. (149mm x 86mm x 165mm)
  • Weight: 3.4 oz (96g)

Use this for:

• Water balloons
  • Paratroopers
  • Candy

Pre-Flight

Some ground shots of the Telemaster Plus. It is a very attractive model and the size and color scheme made it very easy to maintain visual orientation in all flight conditions.

CG

The Telemaster Plus has a fair bit of equipment in the tail. Both the rudder and elevator servos are there, and there are two aluminum joiners for the stabilizer and a heavy duty tail wheel assembly. This combined with my light weight Pro-Lite Thunder Power pack I was a bit concerned about CG. The motor I choose was just over 430g with the propeller adapter.

With the large ICE Castle 75 ESC and 3 cell 1320 pack for radio system power I found I needed to add nose weight to get to the recommended 5" rearward CG mark. After the first test flight - I knew the CG was too far forward. The lifting tail of the Telemaster enables a very rearward CG while still enabling excellent control.

I have moved my CG back to 6" with no ill effects. So I no longer have any nose weight attached to the Telemaster Plus. Of note the older Sr. Telemaster versions had a 6" rear CG recommendation so I figured that would be safe and this was correct.

Rates and transmitter setup

For the Telemaster Plus I used my Hitec Aurora 9 system for guidance. Although my setup shows the use of the Optima 7 receiver I found a deal on a 9ch Optima receiver and have conducted all flights using that receiver.

Rates were set as recommended in the manual with ailerons at 25mm up and 20mm down and elevator at 20mm and rudder at 35mm. Exponential and dual rates were not used or needed for the Telemaster. Flaps I used 45 degrees down for some spectacular drag and slow flight madness! I found the recommended control rates to be perfect for the Telemaster.

The flight timer was set to count down from 8 minutes giving an audible warning to land before the batteries were depleted. The 3900 packs were easily able to supply the Telemaster with 8 minute flights due to the fact that minimal throttle was used for most flying. Low and slow is what I enjoy with the Telemaster Plus!

Flying

Well I suspect that somewhere out there in the RC world there are still pilots who have not experienced the Telemaster. That is truly sad! When the marketing guy said "Nothing flies like a Telemaster" they sure got it right. This Telemaster Plus is no exception. I have flown most versions of the Telemaster from the Micro to the Senior all with nearly identical results. They are slow and steady with zero bad habits. With power levels of 100-120w/lb power it will do wonderful large loops, slow rolls and magnificent stall turns.

In flight pics come from Ronnie Pope and he had no trouble tracking the Telemaster Plus! As usual they are simply stunning.

Takeoff and Landing

With the long tail and large landing gear span the Telemaster Plus behaves predictably on the ground. Don't be alarmed or surprised when the tails lifts off the ground within a couple of feet as this is completely normal and part of the Telemaster magic with the lifting stabilizer. In crosswinds you will need to raise the appropriate aileron so the one wing half does not lift off before the other. With the light loading of the Telemaster Plus you need to remember it will rise off ground very quickly. Take off power was reached long before advancing to full throttle.

Landings bring no surprise or element of fear. They are completely straightforward just as one would expect from the training based platform of the Telemaster. With the immense flaps you can drain all forward flight energy very quickly and spot land the Telemaster Plus with a 6-8 foot roll-out. Even landings with no flaps yield a short landing roll out especially if there is any wind to speak of.

Special Flight Characteristics

The Telemaster Plus does not have a single bad habit. While aerobatics are not a strength of this model you can perform loops and slow rolls and spectacular stall turns. The stall turns are a blast and you can do them remarkably close to the ground!

Loops require full power and a short dive does not hurt things any. Adverse yaw is pretty minimal with the differential aileron throws. Rolls can be done but that large wing takes some time to swing around so manage the elevator to keep the nose level.

Now on the best feature of the Telemaster Plus the large flaps. Telemasters all slow very well this new Plus version takes that to a whole new level. Hard to imagine I know. As indicated with my 45 degree's of down you will quickly drop your airspeed and it is important to mind your power settings. Keep the nose down and the power on and you will find you can spot land this thing about anywhere!

I have flaps assigned to a slider control on the Aurora and have the servo slow feature enabled. This delays the flap deployment of the flaps and helps avoid very abrupt pitch changes with application of the flaps. I have mixed about 12% down elevator as well to keep the model from dramatic pitch up with flap application.

Playing with flaps are what make the Telemaster Plus such a hit in my book. The 45 degree down I used will almost stop the model in the air with a 10mph wind.

A note to watch out for with large flap throws. A common trait with large flap deployments are diminished aileron authority. The Telemaster Plus is no exception. The rudder remains fully functional allowing you to maintain strong yaw authority so remember when using large throws on the flaps to fly with that rudder!

I have found that it is nice to have some aileron to rudder mix that really helps the Telemaster in turns. I have that on a switch so I can defeat that mix when doing light aerobatics. I have about 25% rudder mixed in with aileron and that feels just right.

Recommended power system

Power on 6s voltages was just right for my 350kV motor and Telemaster like performance. Since the Castle ICE ESC can handle more power that could be added but again raw power is not what the Telemaster is about.

Is this plane for a beginner?

Yes, The Hobby Lobby Telemaster Plus is very easy to fly. It is a trainer by heritage and when trimmed perfectly you can actually set the transmitter on the ground. Yes, they are that stable and slow. Visual orientation is not an issue and the size makes it easy to see. Highly recommended for any beginner pilot. The instructions and assembly are not intended for a the first time builder so a model or two under the belt really helps.

Flight Video

Downloads

Conclusion

Hobby Lobby has offered Telemasters for many years now. They have a range of sizes available from the Micro offering all the way to the huge 12' monster. The new Telemaster Plus has a two piece wing and stabilizer, massive flaps and an heavy duty hardware package. It is also lighter than previous Senior Telemaster versions tipping the scales at just a bit over 9 pounds. This large model can be disassembled for easier loading into most any vehicle that can handle the fuselage length.

Assembly of the Telemaster Plus was straightforward but will take some time for completion. The instructions are specific to unique assembly of this Telemaster Plus and they assume you know how to perform most steps without guidance. The parts fit was not perfect with a few areas to watch while assembling. Pay careful attention during the elevator joiner assembly. The wires and pre-drilled factory holes were not quite right leaving the elevator joiner wires too long and the surface could not be joined. Check yours for fit before you attach it to the fuselage. Another small miss was the tail wheel wire hole factory drilled in the rudder was a bit off. It was very easy to re-drill this.

Telemasters really stand out when it comes to docile, slow flight characteristics. The Telemaster Plus was no exception. With the weight savings and the added flaps this new Telemaster design was simply brilliant. All of the Telemasters slow well but the Telemaster Plus takes this to new heights including the ability to practically stop in mid-air with a 10mph headwind.

The Telemaster Plus is capable of basic aerobatics, including loops rolls and wonderful stall turns. Landings are a thing of beauty as you can slow the plane remarkably well. With the huge flaps you can spot land this with amazing precision. It is a touch-and-go machine. As you would expect it is very docile and well behaved in the air with no flight oddities.

The Telemaster Plus looks fantastic with the Oracover covering and an all new 4 color scheme. The airfoil shaped struts looked fantastic as well. This huge ARF looks great on the ground and in the air! The Telemaster Plus is ready for electric flight out of the box and has heavy duty hardware to get you going. This model is worth a look for all you old and new fans!

Hits:

• Heavy-duty hardware
  • Attractive coloring scheme
  • Huge flaps make for excellent flying fun
  • Stellar flight performance
  • Lightweight
  • Large top battery hatch secured by magnets

Misses:

• Elevator joiner wire too long
  • Tail wheel assembly wire did not align with factory hole in the rudder
  • Main gear attachment bolts were misaligned
Last edited by pda4you; Aug 17, 2011 at 06:52 PM..
Aug 18, 2011, 12:53 PM
Nice review..
Regards
Aug 18, 2011, 02:27 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Nice job Mike. I'd forgotten how well a Telemaster could fly and how easy they were to land. That full-flap landing into the wind on the video looked like it took almost a week to reach the ground. Very Nice!

You must have gotten Ronnie up pretty early for the flying photo shoot -- I only saw 2 cars in the pit parking area at your club field .

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Aug 18, 2011, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
It was early - before the heat!

It is a bit of magic to be honest.
Aug 19, 2011, 05:07 AM
Serbia Moderator
The Telemaster is essentially a big motor glider with wheels.
Aug 19, 2011, 11:21 AM

Telemaster

Excellent review. I hope to see it fly sometime soon. Yes, I would like to have one. Telemaster's are neat. thanks....Joe
Aug 19, 2011, 01:12 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
My buddy WebDr just got one of these... thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1476690

I cant wait to see it maiden!

@Mike~ Are you still using the 6s 3900 batteries? What kind of flight times are you getting with those?
Aug 19, 2011, 01:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
@Mike~ Are you still using the 6s 3900 batteries? What kind of flight times are you getting with those?
Yes Sir.... Wit the low throttle runs - I set the timer for 7 minutes. I could likely go 10+.
Aug 19, 2011, 05:40 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Mike,

Good review and love the video and those nice floaty landings. Makes me want a Telemaster again.

I do have one issue with the review and I am pretty sure you aren't the one to blame for it, but why is the motor all but excluded? No mention of it in the video that I saw, and no photos showing its brand. It certainly appears to be a Monster Power 60 from HobbyPartz.com. While I can understand Hobby Lobby not wanting it mentioned in the review, it is just not right for a review to go out without having all the details. Again, not throwing this at you, but it kinda griped me that somewhere it was decided to "hide" motor info since HL didn't provide one for the review. I am making a lot of assumptions here and I love Hobby Lobby, but... Grrrr. These reviews should provide all info so a consumer can make a decision based on the gear used in the review, which can't be done in this case.

Sorry again to hit the negative tangent on an otherwise great review. Good video and great write up over all. The new Senior looks pretty snazzy! This is the first time I have seen it since the updates.

Diggs
Aug 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Mike,

Good review and love the video and those nice floaty landings. Makes me want a Telemaster again.

I do have one issue with the review and I am pretty sure you aren't the one to blame for it, but why is the motor all but excluded? No mention of it in the video that I saw, and no photos showing its brand. It certainly appears to be a Monster Power 60 from HobbyPartz.com. While I can understand Hobby Lobby not wanting it mentioned in the review, it is just not right for a review to go out without having all the details. Again, not throwing this at you, but it kinda griped me that somewhere it was decided to "hide" motor info since HL didn't provide one for the review. I am making a lot of assumptions here and I love Hobby Lobby, but... Grrrr. These reviews should provide all info so a consumer can make a decision based on the gear used in the review, which can't be done in this case.

Sorry again to hit the negative tangent on an otherwise great review. Good video and great write up over all. The new Senior looks pretty snazzy! This is the first time I have seen it since the updates.

Diggs
Diggs - sorry you feel that way - I talked about the power requirements of the Telemaster in several places. There are so many motors out there - the brand really does not matter too much. I said I used a 60 equivalent size brushless motor. I think most folks understand what types of motors would be suitable.

I did initially use the MonsterPower 60 and it failed after 3 flights. So I did not want to recommend that motor due to that very untimely failure. The magnets separated from the can. Since it failed I don't recommend it and did not want to advertise that for them.

I did nothing to hide the motor at all. I actually used three different motors for the Telemaster before setting on the motor I am using now.

It is important to note you are incorrect in one assumption. Hobby Lobby did not ask me to hide the motor or the power equipment. They understand many choose not to use high quality expensive AXI motors on everything. In fact they are importing their own line of eRC motors that I wished I could have used! None were large enough for the Telemaster Plus.

Again sorry you feel that way and perhaps I should have mentioned that but again my thought was why highlight a motor that I would not use or recommend. At the end of the day that is why I did not talk about the brand of the motor. Nothing nefarious going on here.

And if you want to know what is on there now - I am running a bit of an experiment with some interesting results. The Tracon 110 is what I have there but again I did not mention that motor as it is really too large. It is MUCH too powerful for the Telemaster but it has proven to be fun running a 300 KV motor on 6s with a huge propeller turning pretty slowly. It will be used for towing (thus the large size). Again since this motor is much larger than recommended, I didn't mention that.

I get your point - thanks for the input. I hope you understand my issue and why I didn't mention a motor I can't recommend. It was 100% my call to omit that information. Hobby Lobby had nothing to do with that choice.

So MonsterPower 60 = Not impressive, Not recommended.

You should select a motor that provides between 900w-1000w of power.

Mike
Last edited by pda4you; Aug 19, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
Aug 19, 2011, 06:33 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Great info and thank you for the explanation!! I am glad I brought it up since this is all great info to know. The good and the bad. It makes much more sense now and prior to this something just looked out of place. Thanks for the review, again it is a very good write up, and as someone once said often, "Now we know the rest of the story".

Thanks!

Diggs
Aug 19, 2011, 10:35 PM
Stuck on Cyanoacrylate!
Is there a glow option available in the Telemaster?
Aug 20, 2011, 03:22 PM

Glider tow?

Thank you for a very readable and insightful review. I'm wondering if this Tele (with mods) would tow gliders, and if so, what weight/wingspan it might deal with...
Aug 20, 2011, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr82v2
Is there a glow option available in the Telemaster?
Not included but the modification would be easy with a firewall change and mounts for the glow motor.
Aug 20, 2011, 03:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory smith
Thank you for a very readable and insightful review. I'm wondering if this Tele (with mods) would tow gliders, and if so, what weight/wingspan it might deal with...
That is my plan. Not sure how large you could go - depends on how much power you added. 3m likely.

Mike

Quick Reply