Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 23, 2011, 09:24 AM
Lavishly Winged Dork
JohnnyDeluxe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintie View Post
My 21 year old Scratch built Super Cub
a 33 in foam CBB
and a own design osprey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay View Post
I was just today thinking it would be cool to have a scale dock and some cleats and stuff to tie up to for some photos. Looks good.

-Jay
Looks good indeed and I'll bet that Osprey flies as if it were on rails...nice design!!

Nice flying site as well...perhaps I'd feel a little more enthusiastic if I were to fly off a lake like that.

Also noticed the vintage Evinrude (?) on the Boston Whaler (?)...SweeT!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2011, 10:18 AM
Registered User
I know there is alot more floaters then this. Come on.
Jun 28, 2011, 02:03 PM
Registered User
lake flyer's Avatar
Hansa Brandenburg W29
Jun 29, 2011, 03:44 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
ALEX HEWSON's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintie View Post
My 21 year old Scratch built Super Cub
a 33 in foam CBB
and a own design osprey.

Hey Graeme, new seaplane looks good. All geared up for Forsyth this year?

BTW Prop is on backwards on the Osprey...
Jun 29, 2011, 05:19 AM
Registered User
mintie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post
Hey Graeme, new seaplane looks good. All geared up for Forsyth this year?

BTW Prop is on backwards on the Osprey...
HI Alex....yes will be at Forsyth.But will be at Blenhiem float fly first with the Osprey and Cub.
Yes prop is on backwards. Tractor motor with tractor prop turned round, works a treat. cheers Graeme
Jul 01, 2011, 12:47 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
Hi minty ,i just finished mine but esc problems has got me waiting for a new one to be here soon,i hope ! I went to a water funfly in IN last saterday and they took some pictures for me . joe
Jul 01, 2011, 01:26 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
JohnnyDeluxe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake flyer View Post
Hansa Brandenburg W29
Sweet bro!! Let's see some pics of the bipe in your avatar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Hi minty ,i just finished mine but esc problems has got me waiting for a new one to be here soon,i hope ! I went to a water funfly in IN last saterday and they took some pictures for me . joe
WOW, effin' NWOICE!!! What are the specs on that bad boy?
Jul 01, 2011, 01:33 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeluxe View Post
Sweet bro!! Let's see some pics of the bipe in your avatar.WOW, effin' NWOICE!!! What are the specs on that bad boy?
My short solent is 99 inch wing span fuse is at almost 6 ft 4- 480 jamara brushed motors with gear boxes swing apc four bladed props. I scratch built it from the great plans from ivan . It weighs under 9 pounds and batterys are 2-3cell 3200 lipo packs run in series. joe
Jul 01, 2011, 05:28 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
JohnnyDeluxe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
My short solent is 99 inch wing span fuse is at almost 6 ft 4- 480 jamara brushed motors with gear boxes swing apc four bladed props. I scratch built it from the great plans from ivan . It weighs under 9 pounds and batterys are 2-3cell 3200 lipo packs run in series. joe
I gotta' hand it to you...I haven't built anything in over 15 years since good quality ARF's came out. And being in the hobby well over 35 years, I've never, ever scratch built anything.

I don't know where you find the time and my hat comes off to you and the guys that make it happen. Keep up the great work and let's see moar pics dangit!!!
Jul 01, 2011, 05:51 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
Here are some other builds from ivans plans and if you scroll down you can see the master himself flying his solent. In the solent build section iam road king and you can follow it to my build. joe https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710485
Jul 01, 2011, 07:23 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
JohnnyDeluxe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Here are some other builds from ivans plans and if you scroll down you can see the master himself flying his solent. In the solent build section iam road king and you can follow it to my build. joe https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710485
Wow Joe, thanks for the link...still looking through it.

This video is sick...big, stupid smile on my face all the way through!!

Martin Mars Bergen -Low and Slow- (4 min 51 sec)
Jul 01, 2011, 07:49 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeluxe View Post
Wow Joe, thanks for the link...still looking through it.

This video is sick...big, stupid smile on my face all the way through!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sgM6...mbedded#at=276
Glad you liked the gracefull airplane desighns ivan has hand drawn onto paper,i think iam going to build his albytross next ,it to is a great flyer also. Most guys who have built ivans planes say they fly like trainers.We might get you to pull out some balsa and glue after all. lmao joe
Jul 01, 2011, 11:01 PM
Registered User
lake flyer's Avatar
This one is a 1914 Burgess Dunne , Canada's first military airplane .
Last edited by lake flyer; Jul 02, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
Jul 02, 2011, 04:21 AM
Registered User
mintie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Hi minty ,i just finished mine but esc problems has got me waiting for a new one to be here soon,i hope ! I went to a water funfly in IN last saterday and they took some pictures for me . joe
HI joe....now that looks really good.You have made an excellent job of the build.Send some flying shot when you get it airbourne.
cheers Mintie
Jul 02, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User

Sea Dart


This is a great thread, here's my contribution, the Sea Dart, OS40 FSR.
I haven't flown it yet, I bought it off of a fellow who received it in an estate inheritance.
I'm in the middle of repainting the fuse.
Should have it in the water this month.
Mike


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Pics of your builds!!!! Post your Pics!!!!! tc3wins Multirotor Talk 198 Aug 09, 2015 02:44 AM