Post Pics of your Float Planes - Page 25 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 06, 2012, 03:46 PM
Registered User
Very nice almost looks like a scale plane. Those struts are very cool.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyflight390
Fast Guy did you also make the struts? Those are real nice. If so tell us more about the how
The struts are made from streamlined tubing and ends that I fabricated. They make for a very rigid mounting system and look cool too. A lot of work to make though. I also did my best to lighten the Great Planes 40 size floats. Came in very close to the weight of foam core floats but look alot better when the light shines though.
Apr 06, 2012, 05:35 PM
Registered User
greyflight390's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guy
The struts are made from streamlined tubing and ends that I fabricated. They make for a very rigid mounting system and look cool too. A lot of work to make though. I also did my best to lighten the Great Planes 40 size floats. Came in very close to the weight of foam core floats but look alot better when the light shines though.
Nice real nice.
How are the ends joined to the tubes?
Apr 06, 2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyflight390
Nice real nice.
How are the ends joined to the tubes?
I made the ends a press fit and used Loctite 603 retaining compound to make sure they stayed together. The only way to get them apart without destroying them is to use heat. Hold very well. Hope this helps.
Apr 06, 2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
greyflight390's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guy
I made the ends a press fit and used Loctite 603 retaining compound to make sure they stayed together. The only way to get them apart without destroying them is to use heat. Hold very well. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info.
again those are really slick
Apr 08, 2012, 07:19 AM
Registered User
A few pictures of a 60% L-4 on floats being flown off as part of the inspection process for the AMA over weight permit. This L-4 belongs to underdog from Wisconsin. The L-4 will be at the Nall/12.
Apr 08, 2012, 11:28 AM
Registered User
Herman Munster's Avatar
Wow, nice. Could almost go for a ride in that one
Apr 09, 2012, 07:35 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfinch
She has an Eflite Power 46 swinging a 14x7 prop, a Castle Creations ICE 75, powered by a nanotech 4S4000. FAB-U-LOUS combination


PS. Just saw this for anyone interested in a Saratoga. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1621001

No affiliation, no warranty expressed or implied, taxes, title, destination charge, extra. Dealer maintains all rebates. This should not be considered legal advice. Seek the counsel of your own physician before beginning this or any other airplane purchase. :-)
Thanks to dgfinch I now have a beautiful H9 Saratoga myself. I added floats to her and had my maiden this past weekend! What a great flyer!
Hanger 9 Saratoga on floats (5 min 0 sec)
Apr 09, 2012, 09:26 AM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
Finally got to fly mine. LOVE IT !!!

1/4 Cub on Floats (5 min 59 sec)
Apr 09, 2012, 10:27 PM
Registered User
Everything looks great everyone. I have never seen a 60% on floats, very nice.
Apr 09, 2012, 11:03 PM
Close enough
AtomicFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12
Finally got to fly mine. LOVE IT !!!
Nothing hovers quite like a quarter scale Cub on floats. Very cool.

Marc
Apr 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFlyer
Nothing hovers quite like a quarter scale Cub on floats. Very cool.

Marc
thanks, wish I had just a little more power, but still fun to fly.
Apr 19, 2012, 01:17 PM
Canard Driver
R.A.P.'s Avatar

pics of my float plane


Here are some pics of my inexpensive 1st try at float flying. the club float fly is on the
24th,so I duck taped wheels on the the floats to trim her out before actually trying
the water.I will use a balloon on the rcvr and I sealed the esc so we shall see?
Dick
Last edited by R.A.P.; May 19, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Apr 19, 2012, 01:28 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
Looks like a winner to me R.A P. . joe
Apr 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
Always Ready!
warhead_71's Avatar


She'll be flying soon! 59" Grumman Goose >> [build log]


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Pics of your builds!!!! Post your Pics!!!!! tc3wins Multirotor Drone Talk 198 Aug 09, 2015 02:44 AM