Sep 05, 2012, 11:38 PM
Pitching left is normal for takeoff. If its not on something it can slide on, then it could tip over, if you increase the throttle very slow. A large space with 0 wind is where you want to set up for the first time. I always hit the throttle enough to get it to pop up quickly to 3 or 4 feet in the air. Then you can get an idea of what needs adjusted.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscar45
I got a replacement battery, and that did the trick. Now I'm going through setup and have to make sure I get it trimmed out properly. Is there a trim DIY?

I've corrected a couple trim issues, but it seems to pitch to the left severely before lift off, so much so that it tips itself over. Is that just me not throttling up fast enough, or ground effect, or something I should correct through trim?

I'm a rookie, and bought this heli since I saw multiple posts on how it would be a good starter setup. I want to taek my time and learn proper setup, etc.
All fp helicopters do this..Before taking off use right aileron (right control stick right) to prevent the helicopter from moving to much to the left.
Sep 05, 2012, 11:55 PM
I did not see livingword26 reply before mine
Sep 06, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thank you for the replies. I got it hovering today, and I'm having quite a bit of fun. I took it out this evening outside, and was doing great under my giant yard light, soft grass and no wind.

I did manage to crash it 6 or so times softly, always fully powering down before the soft impact.

The last crash got me. I had just switched the controls to mode 2. I was launching from the hood of my car since the grass is long in the side yard and it was messing with the tail.

I pushed the aileron forward, and she bit into the ground. So far it looks like the flybar ends sheared off the collar, and the connecting rods for the flybar are gone. I'm sure thats a good reason for the flybar upgrade.
Sep 06, 2012, 10:57 PM
Try clubheli.com for parts.They have flybars and links in stock,and most other parts. They are in the US and shipping is only a few dollars.I order from them also.Flybars seem to break when she goes down on the side.You can move the links to the longer balls on the swash for more agile flight.I like the extreme flybar,but it will change the birds stability a lot.You can play with the how forward the battery sit to change the center of gravity a bit.
Sep 15, 2012, 11:39 PM
Never mind, going to start a new thread.
Last edited by livingword26; Sep 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Sep 16, 2012, 07:00 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
can any one of the tx experts tell me what I would have to use the tunigy 9x v2 on my sp 328?
thanks
tonytester
Oct 03, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo

Ne j4

[any one using the NE J4 to fly their 328? do you get better servo travel and more aggressive outdoor flight?
thanks tonytester
Oct 03, 2012, 12:44 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
[any one using the NE J4 to fly their 328? do you get better servo travel and more aggressive outdoor flight?
thanks tonytester
I use the J6 with 125% and it makes a noticeable difference.

regards . . . g
Oct 03, 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
thanks tonytester
The J4 is not better.
With the J5 and J6 can be individually set DualRate, and I noticed the difference when flying.
Oct 03, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxigenO2
The J4 is not better.
With the J5 and J6 can be individually set DualRate, and I noticed the difference when flying.
thanks guys I love my 328 , but would like to be able to better fight the wind.
I notice with every heli there are people who love them and some who complain
I've had good luck with my sp260 sp328 and my v911, but I had to give up on a sp100 and a walkera I just couldn't work them . I do believe that some people can end up with a lemon and then give bad results and negative post on the item. just like anything else people buy , cars, bikes, boats.
sorry I ran on.
tonytest
Oct 05, 2012, 05:18 PM
I just completed installing the xtreme 120sr motor, swash, and flybar. I also just picked up a used J5Pro for $10. I adjusted the dual rates on the J5Pro to be 125% to get more throw, any other suggestions as to what needs to be adjusted on the TX for optimal flight?

Thanks,
jl1252
Oct 06, 2012, 01:47 AM
So, I fly my SP 328 with the J5.
  • AILE 80%
  • ELEV 125%
  • RUDD 80%

And using this battery: Turnigy nano-tech 600mah
Oct 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
After the first few flights with the new parts I have noticed an issue. When applying left aileron the heli slides very flaty and slowly left whereas when I apply right aileron the entire heli banks hard right. I also cant seek to get it to hover in place very well. It will momentarily hover hands off four or five feet off the ground and then it starts drifting. I removed the xtreme flybar for the time being and gone back to the stock one, but it doesnt seem to help. The xtreme swash is still installed as I had several flights with it before adding the flybar and didnt have any problems with it. I even took the entire head apart and installed new blades, but they didnt help either. I even extened the linkage and cant seem to get enough travel to make it bank left. Any thoughts would be.appreciated.

jl1252
Oct 06, 2012, 02:59 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
With the power on and cyclic stick centered, check that your servos are approximately centered. Then operate the aileron and observe the servo movements; they should be equal.

When installing the xtreme flybar, adjust each arm the same to ensure balance while avoiding canopy/tail boom strikes. The long upper links may need adjustment with the xtreme flybar. Make sure they are equal length, and that the swashplate is level side to side. Always check with heli powered up.

If you have some pics of your setup that might be useful.

Member bobepine also has a lot of experience with setting up the xtreme parts and may beable to help.

regards . . . g

Quick Reply