May 15, 2011, 02:20 PM
Mark Harrison
Question

DX6i, mixed to control tank-like motors with single stick?

A friend is helping his kid build a thing that is controlled tank-like with two motors. left stick controls the left wheel, right stick controls right wheel, center = stop, stick forward, backwards = forward, backwards motion.

Could a DX6i (or other computerized radio) be mixed to control this with a single stick? ie. centered = stop, forward = both motors forward, etc?

Many TIA!
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2011, 03:12 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
You would be looking at Elevon mixing. However you need to have speed controls that feature reverse.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
May 15, 2011, 09:02 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Elevon or V-tail mixing would work, but be warned that full throttle wouldn't be available for going straight forward or back.
May 16, 2011, 12:01 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
^You can set the travel rates in the transmitter, which can increase the travel the ESC is seeing, therefore it is possible to reach full throttle
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse