The "official" starting NEAT Fair thread. Downsville NY, Sept 15-18 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jul 27, 2011, 09:02 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
Tom,
Am I missing it or just blind like I was at Lehigh raffle. But I do not see how much the t-shirts are. Also I am paying for my brother too. I know I have to fill out a seperate form for him, but I can pay with one check or should I mail seperate checks for each of us.
Thx
Dave

Dave... wow.. we overlooked that, I'll get Joey to fix that soon.

Hat's and t-shirts are $13.00 ea. It will total properly on the pilot form. you will get a confirmation email after registration on how much to pay. If you pay for more than one person, please note that on the check or paypal payment.

thanks
Tom
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
dont forget some sort of heater its going to be coldddddd in a tent. I plan on signing up next week.
Dave

Everybody bring heaters, blankets, arctic sleeping bags, etc. That way the weather will be hot as h*&( and we can relax!
Jul 27, 2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Everybody bring heaters, blankets, arctic sleeping bags, etc. That way the weather will be hot as h*&( and we can relax!
FWIW I brought my winter bag last year (-20F) and just kept it open. As Pete says it's best to be prepared. It's also rather wet in the AM - waterproof boots are a blessing in that department.

As far as heaters go, be careful as you never want an "open flame" in a tent. The newer catalytic style heaters do a great job - just keep the tent open a bit to get some airflow. Supposedly the catalytic heaters are almost 99% efficient but I still like to be conservative and ensure fresh air is coming into the tent

Rob
Jul 28, 2011, 07:48 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
All signed up, volunteerd to help out again this year. Got a nice new Dodge truck to pull the camper with and getting pumped up.
Now If I can just pass the stress test the doctors have set up for me next week. I am ready.
Dave
Jul 28, 2011, 07:52 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
My brother and I brought one of those catalytic heaters the year we stayed in a tent. It worked real nice. We didnt even use a whole can of propane and we had no problem with breathing. I have seen them at Wallmart for like 60.00 bucks ON SALE, So they are priced a but high, but worth evey dollar.
Dave
Jul 28, 2011, 08:48 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
And, don't forget the Kites, that way there won't be any wind either.

Azarr
Jul 28, 2011, 09:06 AM
I am planning on bringing a quad this year. What area will I need to fly it in? Don't really consider it a helicopter, no gearing or pitch changing blades.

Azarr
Jul 28, 2011, 09:39 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
I am planning on bringing a quad this year. What area will I need to fly it in? Don't really consider it a helicopter, no gearing or pitch changing blades.

Azarr
NEAT does consider it a helicopter... must be 2.4 and fly in the Heli area.

Thanks
Jul 28, 2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
NEAT does consider it a helicopter... must be 2.4 and fly in the Heli area.

Thanks
OK, thanks Tom, I'll probably just leave it home then.

Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Jul 28, 2011 at 05:24 PM.
Jul 28, 2011, 01:53 PM
When pigs fly rc
Only joking around but how about A four engine plane hovering?
Jul 28, 2011, 02:03 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Only joking around but how about A four engine plane hovering?
That would go under (if it was built!):
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=15
Jul 28, 2011, 02:47 PM
Eggs @ Tea
Just For Laughs subject, I feel they should have one on those EMERGENCY phone and pull sirens like they have in city parks there is no cell phone coverage, WHY NOT? hehe unless they are there now, been 3 years since I have been ---- I feel a bigger presence of FMS warbirds this year?
Jul 28, 2011, 02:51 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothCruizer2
Just For Laughs subject, I feel they should have one on those EMERGENCY phone and pull sirens like they have in city parks there is no cell phone coverage, WHY NOT? hehe unless they are there now, been 3 years since I have been ---- I feel a bigger presence of FMS warbirds this year?

If you have ATT, stand in the middle of the field (with models buzzing all around), walk in about a 30ft circle you can make a call. I know... I did!

(ps, if you stop walking, the call gets dropped!)
Jul 28, 2011, 02:55 PM
Eggs @ Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
If you have ATT, stand in the middle of the field (with models buzzing all around), walk in about a 30ft circle you can make a call. I know... I did!

(ps, if you stop walking, the call gets dropped!)
LOL That's cool! I should be good to go, my blackberry penetrates the air better than Elapor Foam
Jul 29, 2011, 09:23 AM

magic trash can

Having spent the last two years helping a friend out with his hobbyshop at the show, I can tell you that I did find the " Magic Can" of trash 8 feet in front of and slightly left of Jim's RC. I did have cell svc, full text and some data useage during the days and 3 bars and 3g at night, Also it seemed the more flies there were buzzing around the garbage can the better the thing worked as a mystic cell phone signal attractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothCruizer2