The "official" starting NEAT Fair thread. Downsville NY, Sept 15-18 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2011, 09:30 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Makes sense ,and a lot did wait till it geared down towards evening before flying 3-d at end of field anyway. Micro needs a spot after what I witnessed Pete go through last year . a devastated micro that Castle stepped up and replaced. He took it like a champ too ,I know how much time goes into a build like that and theirs plenty of room for sure.Tom has "ALWAYS" been fair and will work out something I'm sure. "EVERYONE" has a blast, at least I do ,and sometimes I don't even fly much....It's one of the best events I look forward to every year. The guys that now me will say ,I get around and NEAT is up their , in my Book. Everyone goes home happy and short steppin cause they don't want it to end. Can't speak for the vendors though.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2011, 09:55 PM
215.0 MPH
I applaud the team on trying these changes(the right station in the park flyer for 3D has NOT worked well). It is hard to have progress without change. This gives pilots many more options, which is awesome!. Electric encompasses many models, not just old war birds. The guy flying the foamy war bird, or the guy flying the hot-liner, or the guy flying the latest 3D huck plane, all equal in my book.

All are enjoying the hobby, and honing their skills. Awesome to have an event where their differences can be shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
I Haven't seen this on the web yet but in the email Tom and the guys sent to past pilots:

"There are no major changes to the format of the 2011 show. We still plan on
4 slowflyer/parkflyer flight stations with the far right one will be for 3D
pilots. 2 flight stations of the pond (2.4Ghz only) and models must not
weigh more than 32ounces RTF. 2 heli stations on the far left of the field
and 6 "Heavy Iron" stations at show center. We are however, going to
experiment with allowing 3 of the six stations to be "3d" for the first 10
minutes of the hour from 10am to 4pm. The other 3 flight stations will NOT
be used during this time! Flights must be limited to 5 minutes so we can
get 6 flights in that time."
Jul 04, 2011, 11:20 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Ray is still asleep I think, dont forget the bathrobe/kilt/toga/whatever ya like event as well, have to wait for the Creator of this event to confirm times and dates.

Looking forward, will be single camping this year, my +1 decided to walk away after 4 years..... Will still be awesome nonetheless!

I like the 3D idea, I like to do my 3d early in the morning, Love pushing up into the mist and fog, and flatspinning back down through it!!!

See everyone soon enough!!!
Jul 04, 2011, 11:24 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Also one item I noticed last year, the parkflyer/slowflyer area what are the limits for weight? I was down there alot last year and saw and flew with alot of planes that were not in my mind classified as parkflyers weight wise.
Jul 05, 2011, 10:33 AM
When pigs fly rc
Who did the rcgroup name tags last year? That was great...
Jul 05, 2011, 10:39 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTALJR
Also one item I noticed last year, the parkflyer/slowflyer area what are the limits for weight? I was down there alot last year and saw and flew with alot of planes that were not in my mind classified as parkflyers weight wise.

The 32 ounce AMA limit is definitely the upper limit but it is at the discretion of the flightline boss of whether the model or pilot is able to fly the model within the given area safely. Models (or pilots of models) that are not able to be kept the model in close quarters do not belong there. Basically, the ground rule is that if you cannot stand at the pitcher’s mound on a major league baseball diamond and can’t keep It within the infield, it does not belong at that end.

Tom
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Jul 06, 2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: spellimg
Jul 05, 2011, 09:09 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Who did the rcgroup name tags last year? That was great...
Mark from LISF.
Last edited by Cr@sh; Jul 06, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Jul 07, 2011, 06:53 PM
Eggs @ Tea
Vendors! Wonder if there will be any special ones? Ok.... Nitroplanes?
Jul 07, 2011, 07:00 PM
Head NEAT geek
I have invited them, but no repsonse yet.

Tom
Jul 12, 2011, 02:53 PM
Eggs @ Tea
Roger that, wow they would clean house there, wouldn't be fair
Jul 13, 2011, 09:08 PM

It's coming...

I decided to call the rental center today to reserve the big top tent for our campsite. As I was talking to the guy in Monticello he asked when we needed the tent installed, and I indicated that we needed it on Tuesday 9/13. I then looked at my calendar and realized today is 7/13. For those of us who make NEAT a week-long event, it's essentially two months from now (ONLY two months!). I'm not rushing the summer, by all means, but summer is going to fly (as it always does).

Time to get some work done in the shop! I've got a lot to do before September

Rob
Jul 14, 2011, 04:39 PM
My nightflyer is ready. A Hobby Lobby Miracle with 300 LEDs. Red on the top wing, purple on the tail, blue on the bottom wing and a patch of white for landing lights (switched).

Pete
Jul 14, 2011, 06:10 PM
Head NEAT geek
Very cool.

Format for this year's night fly contest will be similar to the last few years events. Tethered balloons, free-flight balloons and the black pillars of death.

Tom
Jul 14, 2011, 09:32 PM
When pigs fly rc
Will be a lot of fun at night.
Jul 14, 2011, 10:10 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Tom ,can we entice you into a little night bowling? I have mini nosecones that are spiraled or alot of plastic removed for wind,their light and perfect for the button leds too. Did you hear how much fun they had at SEFF and Joe Nall ?...... just an idea and you know already my ideas are sometimes a bit out there. Pete awesome plane , can't wait. I recently flew over Dorney Park and they just got a big kick out of it ,even police were entertained after taking off and landing for them safely might I add. It lite up more than the amusement park. My wife and daughter where on the big Ferris wheel trying to film but go Pro hero is terrible filming at night . Keep that in one piece till then and don't fly near Castle this year
Last edited by Cr@sh; Jul 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM.