May 15, 2011, 09:24 AM
got any foam to bash?
Discussion

The "official" starting NEAT Fair thread. Downsville NY, Sept 15-18

Hi Guys

It has begun. We have openned pre-registration for the 2011 show at www.neatfair.org.

We mass emailed all previous registered pilots this morning. If you did not get it, it may be your spam filter.

For those you who have never been, consider coming, we have a great time in the woods for 4 days! (some longer!).

No major changes are planned for the show as far as "operations".

There will be NO impounding of any type TX. 72 mhz and Ham band will work off the "casual" board for the entire show and we will NOT be policemen for frequency hogging.

2.4 users are again asked NOT to turn on their TX's until they are ready to fly. If you need to test a radio, keep the on time as breif as possible.

Friday night dinner social as usual.... Saturday night slow flyer contest (carnage) as usual.

More as it happens.

Thanks
Tom and All of the other SEFLI/NEAT grunts.
Last edited by Tom Hunt; May 15, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2011, 10:19 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Registration & paypal sent. Hopefully gas won't be outrageous.

Azarr
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM
Airframe Stress Analist
I am in all forms and volunteer. Thanks Tom.

Joe W
May 15, 2011, 11:25 AM
Registration done - dinner ordered - and signed up for volunteer duty. Awesome!!!

Definitely don't want to rush summer, but I can hardly wait! Definitely the highlight of the flying season. We'll have the big top again this year down in the camping area - check us out if you're in the vicinity. We'll have the flat top out again this year for some Vapor/Ember spot landing fun, as well as some more spontaneous activities

BTW, don't forget to sign up for a few volunteer hours. Let's make sure the SEFLI guys get some flying time too

Rob
May 15, 2011, 07:56 PM
Sent my Paypal
Tom
May 21, 2011, 03:15 PM
got any foam to bash?

Cabin available 6-8 people

Al Carpenter (owner of the Downsville motel) says his cabin is available at the entrance to PV campsite on Rte 30. (Right on the river)

contact him at :alsport@frontiernet.net for prices.

Thanks
Tom
May 23, 2011, 03:58 PM
When pigs fly rc
I cant wait for this event it will be my 5th time and i love it. I wish it were at the beginning of the season. Is there anything else like it in our area that happens in the start of summer?
Rich
May 23, 2011, 05:10 PM
got any foam to bash?
Rich

Their is a nice meet not too far from you in Easton, PA on the 4th and 5th of June. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1436299
and
www.lvrcs.com

Tom
May 23, 2011, 07:38 PM
Airframe Stress Analist

Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Al Carpenter (owner of the Downsville motel) says his cabin is available at the entrance to PV campsite on Rte 30. (Right on the river)

contact him at :alsport@frontiernet.net for prices.

Thanks
Tom

Cabin Taken, Thanks for the info Tom
Jun 07, 2011, 06:03 PM
got any foam to bash?
A little less than a month into registration and we have already hit 100 pilots. That is about 30 ahead of last year this time.

don't procrastinate, you know you're coming!

Tom
Jun 25, 2011, 06:41 AM
Hi Tom,

Take a look at the NEAT thread in the Micro and Indoor forum. What do you think about micros (1 oz weight limit) flying some distance south of the parkflyer stations?

Pete
Jul 02, 2011, 09:59 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Hey Pete ,thats what I'm hoping for too . I got a kick out of the disco flying in tent to the beat that had us all laughing pretty good. The carrier lite up with Vapors trying to land was cool but got better, when someone tried to fly one threw the bombfire. He did not know its almost impossible with a vapor cause the wall hot air preventing you just pushes you away. He he ,the torch didn't help either and only witnesses can explain that one ?????......
Jul 03, 2011, 07:10 AM
Twas a crazy night!
Jul 03, 2011, 09:02 PM
215.0 MPH
Possible to add a 3D flightline, or replace the heli line with one?
Last edited by markusvt; Jul 04, 2011 at 07:33 AM.
Jul 03, 2011, 09:07 PM
I Haven't seen this on the web yet but in the email Tom and the guys sent to past pilots:

"There are no major changes to the format of the 2011 show. We still plan on
4 slowflyer/parkflyer flight stations with the far right one will be for 3D
pilots. 2 flight stations of the pond (2.4Ghz only) and models must not
weigh more than 32ounces RTF. 2 heli stations on the far left of the field
and 6 "Heavy Iron" stations at show center. We are however, going to
experiment with allowing 3 of the six stations to be "3d" for the first 10
minutes of the hour from 10am to 4pm. The other 3 flight stations will NOT
be used during this time! Flights must be limited to 5 minutes so we can
get 6 flights in that time."