This thread is privately moderated by Chap1012, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 14, 2011, 03:18 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Thread OP
Discussion

4in1 holder

Well, I logged in about 10 flights since this modification of the main frame. There has been much discussion in the V4 thread about the mounting of the 4in1. Mostly the inferior holder of the 4in1 located up front. Which led many members believing that the unnecessary shaking, vibration, etc. effected the gyro. One vendor went as far as trying to develop a CF flat stock to fit on the Esky V3 which does not fit on the Esky V4 (this would be the pod and boom mount). This inspired me to create something simple to make the mounting of the 4in1 solid...to make it "part of the frame" for less shaking, vibrating and movement in maneuvers.

This is hardly rocket science. What I did was simply sandwiched the front holder of the stock frame to another stock frame. Keep or buy a stock frame. Cut the front off. Sand smooth for a nice fit to the new main frame. CA in place. Done.

In all honesty...I really think it makes a huge difference especially if you fly your Esky V4 outside. Gyro heading seems to get a much better lock, resulting in a smoother flight without a lot of rudder correction. I highly recommend this double sided tape. It is cushioned to dampen vibration to the gyro:
http://www.helidirect.com/high-quali...s-1-p-6956.hdx
(sample).
Last edited by Chap1012; Sep 08, 2015 at 11:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply