May 13, 2011, 06:27 AM
Smile & wave
Thread OP
Yippee!

UKAP 2011 Meeting Weekend July 8-10

This is an open invitation for anyone interested in Aerial Photography, Aerial Video to attend our meeting at Shobdon Airfield, Leominster, County of Herefordshire.

There are many platforms used in our meetings Fixed wing, FPV, sUAS, Helicopters, Multi rotor copters & Kites we have even had a rocket powered video plane flying.

We will be allowed to camp on the airfield, a cost is yet to be established.
There is a café, bar and toilets at the airfield.
We will also be able to fly in the evening after the airfield operations finish at 1700

We already have quite a few RCG members attending this year including David ‘Hogster’ and Olivier ‘Olivdudu’ he will be over from France at the weekend.
They between them produce amongst the best aerial images posted here. So if you want to talk them and find out more about aerial photography and video techniques this is the place to come.

Anyone who hasn’t registered their intention to attend you can do so here all are welcome.

Gray.

Last year’s successful meeting post:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1273830
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2011, 06:50 AM
Die noctique
Well every time I have said i'm coming over the last 2 years it has been the kiss of death and an event job has come up at the last min.

So this time I'll say i cannot make it and with any luck I'll be there It would be great to see every one again thats for sure, and not that far away either this time
May 13, 2011, 01:38 PM
Smile & wave
Thread OP
Andy Hi, I do hope you can make it this year I was disappointed when you didn’t turn-up last year as you were so looking forward to it.

We need more Northerners to come down, I know you all talk funny but I don’t mind and Swanlander can always interpret for us anyway!!

Keeping my head down now.

Gray
Last edited by Gray; May 13, 2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: can't spell
May 13, 2011, 03:56 PM
I heard that

I will be there but I will leave my Whippet and flat hat at home in the coal shed.

Richard
May 14, 2011, 04:18 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
I'm in.

Paul.
May 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
I'm in too... Friday is already booked off at work...

Looking forward to camping and seeing you all again!!!

For me the chats around the BBQ in the evening are as much the reason for attending as the AP/flying!!!

T
May 14, 2011, 05:43 PM
Suspended Account
Not too far from me, hopefully I'll make it there
May 15, 2011, 03:33 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
That's just as well because Herefordshire can be a windy place !

If plenty of people bring KAP kit then it should be nice & still.....

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargenut
For me the chats around the BBQ in the evening are as much the reason for attending as the AP/flying!!!
T
May 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
Fly light, keep it slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargenut
I'm in too... Friday is already booked off at work...

Looking forward to camping and seeing you all again!!!

T
Not forgetting the soldering tuition and demonstrations! (Don't suppose there is a 240v hookup on the aerodrome campsite?)

I agree Terry, it is all about the cameraderie. (Not got much to fly anyway this year!)

Cheers!
May 16, 2011, 07:32 AM
Im also hoping to come, will try and bring the rocket plane again along with my new quad, which is now flying nicely.
May 17, 2011, 04:59 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
I am up on Hergest Ridge today - will scout about and see if there's anything to AP

Adam

added

OK, lovely place and plenty to see but not much of an AP venue. The beauty of Hergest Ridge is the panoramic view from it. Might be a good KAP site, especially if the rig is set up for panoramics.
Last edited by Ginger Adam; May 18, 2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Additional Info
May 18, 2011, 06:04 AM
Smile & wave
Thread OP
Thanks Adam.

Gray
May 18, 2011, 06:35 AM
Fly light, keep it slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Adam
IOK, lovely place and plenty to see but not much of an AP venue.

Made a pilgrimage there a couple of years back. I agree with your conclusion about the AP, but a big rocket plane launch might attract less attention / consternation there than in a more populated public spot.
May 18, 2011, 06:52 AM
HeliAP'er!
Subscribing Thanks to all those who are helping to organise this years event, I'm sure it will be a complete success!

David
May 31, 2011, 03:18 PM
HeliAP'er!
June's nearly upon us! Have there been any developments on the campsite / accommodation arrangements?

Cheers

David

Quick Reply