Originally Posted by StormdriverOne
Thanks! I almost gave up on it.
The initial build was too heavy but I managed to get the weight down to 3.4 oz fully loaded using small but standard parts from the LHS. No ultra micro gear needed! Then the 10g Hobbypartz motor I ordered for it sucked horribly and started to fry on the first run. Replaced that with the Rimfire 200. Experimented with various props to find a balance of thrust, speed and torque that worked well with it. Finally, the re-balancing of electronics and battery against the torque + thrust angle adjustment were the final steps to get it to fly like that.
There is a video, shot right before that one, of it doing rollers right into the weeds because Wamsy couldn't keep up with the insane roll rate. I dropped the throws to around 80% and then we shot the video above.
It would probably be better next time to lower the aileron rate even lower ...