Quadrino Multiwii Flight controller - Page 366 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 04, 2013, 09:43 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
I just want to say, nice work there!
Pull up at his house and then he say check this out.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2013, 10:49 PM
FPV addict
After putting the gimbal mode on my quadrino in getting a steady, and rapid, up count of I2C errors as well. I never noticed this when I used the board to fly my quad but now it sticks out.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:56 PM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Ok fellow Quadrinoites, here is the 10" prop info you have been waiting for! The picture below is the charted results.of todays bench testing.



Couple explanations here:
  • I didn't include all significant digits for readability
  • The weight includes a bushing to 5mm
  • The column "T/100W" is a measure of thrust per 100 watts and represents an efficiency measure.
  • The column "Runtime" is a theoretical time a 3000mah pack would last at the listed steady state. (another efficiency measure)
  • The top chart is normalized on voltage at 11.7 volts
  • The bottom cart is normalized on a thrust of 16oz
Enjoy!



Pic of the players:
Jan 05, 2013, 11:39 PM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Question!

Recently I re-flashed with the 2.1 firmware. I selected quadrino Zoom in the sketch and the Nano ATmega 328 in Arduino. It flys fine although I'm still trying to get the GPS-HLD to settle down but since the re-flash the Yellow Led for arming blinks when not armed and is solid when armed. Is this correct? I don't remember this LED ever blinking before.

Thanks for any help
Jan 06, 2013, 12:02 AM
8 bit is more fun
RC911's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Question!

Recently I re-flashed with the 2.1 firmware. I selected quadrino Zoom in the sketch and the Nano ATmega 328 in Arduino. It flys fine although I'm still trying to get the GPS-HLD to settle down but since the re-flash the Yellow Led for arming blinks when not armed and is solid when armed. Is this correct? I don't remember this LED ever blinking before.

Thanks for any help
As far as I know, the yellow LED should only flash when the board is unleveled.

If you get a lot of I2C errors in the GUI program you may have to select the correct sensors and possibly change some I2C addresses in the sketch. If you use the new firmware configuration program and enter the serial number you should get the correct settings.
Jan 06, 2013, 12:52 AM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911
As far as I know, the yellow LED should only flash when the board is unleveled.

If you get a lot of I2C errors in the GUI program you may have to select the correct sensors and possibly change some I2C addresses in the sketch. If you use the new firmware configuration program and enter the serial number you should get the correct settings.
That's what I thought as well and I'm not getting any I2C errors.
I think I will try re-flashing again, the blinky thing spooks me...
Jan 06, 2013, 02:09 AM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
those graupner 10x5 eprops look amazing...
Jan 06, 2013, 06:00 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
That's what I thought as well and I'm not getting any I2C errors.
I think I will try re-flashing again, the blinky thing spooks me...
Did you change this this in the Arduino sketch?
it should look like this if you are using the quadrino sat.

/* indicate a valid GPS fix with at least 5 satellites by flashing the LED? */
//#define GPS_LED_INDICATOR

It blinks the led to show that 5 or more sats are locked on, this is not needed with the quadrino sat as it has its own led and blinking led to show lock.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:15 AM
Registered User

Rev 1C buzzer pin


I've been playing with my new I2C Flytron GPS on a Rev 1d zoom using the aux2 channel to select modes, but when I put one on the older multi with a rev 1c board, I have a different bank of aux pins. I know I should use D8 (buzzer pin) and it's already activated in the sketch, but I can't find any mention of which pin it is on the physical board. Maybe it's time for new spectacles?

Scott

wait, now I see D8 on the exp row. Is this and '#define RCAUXPIN8' all I need?
Last edited by Flyboy II; Jan 06, 2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Further study...
Jan 06, 2013, 11:42 AM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv
Did you change this this in the Arduino sketch?
it should look like this if you are using the quadrino sat.

/* indicate a valid GPS fix with at least 5 satellites by flashing the LED? */
//#define GPS_LED_INDICATOR

It blinks the led to show that 5 or more sats are locked on, this is not needed with the quadrino sat as it has its own led and blinking led to show lock.
Thanks jsflyrv!!!!!
That was it. I re-loaded several times last night and saw that comment but it never "clicked"

It's a beautiful thing
Jan 06, 2013, 11:43 AM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Quadrino & MultiWii 101

FlyingEinstein will be hosting a webex class each Sunday @ 3PM EST for an introduction to wiring the Quadrino and initial installation and configuration of the MultiWii Configuration software. This is a group discussion and a Question and Answer period will follow and asking questions during the webex is also encouraged. If you are having difficulties with setting up the Quadrino this is your chance to get your questions answered and your quad flying.

This class is offered through Cisco WebEx and supports up to 25 attendees at a time. To join the meeting goto flyingeinstein.webex.com between 2:45 PM and 3:00PM EST. The meeting will open at 2:45PM but will not begin until 3PM.

Password is always "quad"

Go to flyingeinstein.webex.com

Webex is a Cisco product for online group meetings and presentations. If you haven't already done so, your browser will prompt you to install the webex browser plugin. There is no spam, spyware or adware in the Cisco webex product. Cisco is the leading supplier of computer network related products.
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Jan 06, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Jan 06, 2013, 01:53 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Thanks jsflyrv!!!!!
That was it. I re-loaded several times last night and saw that comment but it never "clicked"

It's a beautiful thing
Glad it worked
Jan 06, 2013, 05:20 PM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Wish I could have stayed in the webex today, it was getting interesting!
Doc, here are my settings with changes since I added GPS. It's pretty smooth, I just need a little more tunning for POS-HLD.
Jan 08, 2013, 03:48 PM
8 bit is more fun
RC911's Avatar
I have my Quadrino GPS mounted, configured and ready to go, but I will probably have to wait until May (spring) before testing is possible so I have a few questions for you (just so that I know what to expect):

1. Will there be any conflicts between the GPS unit and my 1.3GHz, 300mW VTx?
2. Will the GPS use GPS height data or the barometer for RTH and position hold?
3. Will RTH take the direct route home or will it increase the height first?
4. Will RTH land the quad automatically or will it just stop and hover?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by RC911; Jan 08, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
Jan 08, 2013, 04:00 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
1. Will there be any conflicts between the GPS unit and my 1.3GHz, 300mW VTx?
1.3 GHZ needs a lowpass filter for sure, or a notch filter would be much better than a lowpass filter. GPS operates at 1.5GHZ so it can interfer.

2. Will the GPS use GPS height data or the barometer for RTH and position hold?
YES!

3. Will RTH take the direct route home or will it increase the height first?
YES!
4. Will RTH land the quad automatically or just stop and hover?
Just hover over the Home position




Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911
I have my Quadrino GPS mounted, configured and ready to go, but I will probably have to wait until May (spring) before testing is possible so I have a few questions for you (just so that I know what to expect):

1. Will there be any conflicts between the GPS unit and my 1.3GHz, 300mW VTx?
2. Will the GPS use GPS height data or the barometer for RTH and position hold?
3. Will RTH take the direct route home or will it increase the height first?
4. Will RTH land the quad automatically or just stop and hover?

Thanks in advance.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Hangar 9's Piper J-3 Cub 40 Plug-N-Play PNP Plug N Play Evo 46NT Powered ARF Review tailskid2 Scale Fuel Planes 15 Sep 07, 2017 10:50 PM
Help! need new flight controller recommendations n3m1s1s Multirotor Drone Talk 115 Jan 09, 2012 10:38 AM
Article Subsonic's Motrolfly Plug and Play Power System: Motor, Controller & Battery Review Michael Heer Power Systems 27 Dec 16, 2010 01:36 PM
Data Plug 'n Play separates: An Esky CP2 with an E-flight 2 in 1... elan Micro Helis 3 Mar 19, 2010 09:51 AM
Discussion Air Hogs Plug n'Play Flight Deck Simulator trust416 Micro Ready-to-Fly 14 Aug 05, 2007 11:44 AM