Quadrino Multiwii Flight controller - Page 338 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 03, 2012, 02:29 PM
Loves Burn of Hot Glue
Danub's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab
That is the same problem i have on 10" props, it requires alot of throttle to get it to hover, That is why i stuck with 11"
Hmm are you talking about the lack of power?? or the pitching back?
The lack of thrust can be adjusted either via motor selection or props I think.

DA. . . Unless you say otherwise i am going to try the rctimer motors i have around, motor calc had them at 212.26w. . . It is only over by just a bit as the motors are rated for 210w. we'll see
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danub
I dropped my props down to 9" apc's and if flies really smooth BUT, It seems under powered. . . 70% throttle to hover and I now have this weird pitch "back". . . . What I think is happening is the quad kinda "falls" off of the air. . . I don't understand the pitch going back with the CG pushed up about 1/2" from where it flew fine with my CC board??

I think these 2 are possible solutions:

1. change from 10x4.7 apc props to 10x3.8 to get the motors further spooled up on lift off (avroto 770kv)

OR
2. change from my avrotos 770kv to something aroung 1000-1100kv that will do the job with a wider "power" window? It kinda seems the multiwii guys go for higher kv motors, am I right?

I do have these motors laying around but don't think they will handle 4s and 9" props. . . maybe I am wrong?
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname=

Whadya think?
I would try the 10 X 3.8 it may give you what you need.
I have a quad that can with 12 x 6's I reduce them to 12 x 4.5's and it flies much more smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab
So did you understand it all.. LOL I had to read it a few times to get it, but that was a very good way to describe the i2c and how it works.

Oh and the errors were because i unplugged the GPS... Duh,, I need to stop messing with stuff that works. lol
I probably save myself alot of headace, But that is what makes this hobby fun.
YES, I did!
To the letter!
But it is farther down the rabbit hole then I really want to go.
Oct 03, 2012, 04:55 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
I would try the 10 X 3.8 it may give you what you need.
I have a quad that can with 12 x 6's I reduce them to 12 x 4.5's and it flies much more smoother.



YES, I did!
To the letter!
But it is farther down the rabbit hole then I really want to go.
Lol know what you mean.

What props do you use doc, I'm running graupners now. Need to check on pitch sizes available, I guess.
Oct 03, 2012, 04:58 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danub
Hmm are you talking about the lack of power?? or the pitching back?
The lack of thrust can be adjusted either via motor selection or props I think.

DA. . . Unless you say otherwise i am going to try the rctimer motors i have around, motor calc had them at 212.26w. . . It is only over by just a bit as the motors are rated for 210w. we'll see
Lack of thrust generated by that size props.
Oct 04, 2012, 05:14 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
This is what Colin said about my board.
I think I just found an issue. I did some more testing tonight. The diode does work but the voltage drops more as the current demand goes up. So plugging in more stuff onto the board caused it to fail. So I replaced the diode and it is working now. So it was in fact the diode. Sorry for the extra time, I never saw that happen before. Usually the diode either works or doesn’t, not somewhere in the middle.

Should I disable the red wire in 3 out of 4 esc to prevent from this happening again
Oct 04, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
mentony32's Avatar
Definately only use one power and earth from one ESC on your machine. I like to use a hobby knife to pry up the 'latch' on the lead, pull out the earth and +ve and heatshrink them to prevent shorting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
This is what Colin said about my board.
I think I just found an issue. I did some more testing tonight. The diode does work but the voltage drops more as the current demand goes up. So plugging in more stuff onto the board caused it to fail. So I replaced the diode and it is working now. So it was in fact the diode. Sorry for the extra time, I never saw that happen before. Usually the diode either works or doesn’t, not somewhere in the middle.

Should I disable the red wire in 3 out of 4 esc to prevent from this happening again
Oct 05, 2012, 10:13 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
Well shoot. My board will power up but my motors wont power up. Doc, can i call you for help?
Oct 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Did you runn the same sketch setup you had before?
Or are you running Guru's setting for you board?
Remember to set your low throttle settings.
You really need to act like your starting new!
Don't assume it will work just because you and Guru may have the same radio!

You KilaB, you got one of those modded 9X's around there?
May be interested in swapping for a one already done!

I got lots of stuff to do in the next couple days.
I got 5 kits, 20 motors, 20 ESc's, 5 batts, 5 C-OSD, 20 battery monitors and 5 sets of 5.8 VTX and RX.
More to come
Maybe sunday I will have some videos of these things flying!
Oct 06, 2012, 09:18 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
Did you runn the same sketch setup you had before?
Or are you running Guru's setting for you board?
Remember to set your low throttle settings.
You really need to act like your starting new!
Don't assume it will work just because you and Guru may have the same radio!

You KilaB, you got one of those modded 9X's around there?
May be interested in swapping for a one already done!

I got lots of stuff to do in the next couple days.
I got 5 kits, 20 motors, 20 ESc's, 5 batts, 5 C-OSD, 20 battery monitors and 5 sets of 5.8 VTX and RX.
More to come
Maybe sunday I will have some videos of these things flying!
It's bone stock, but I could put er9x on it in two sec. Just depends on what all you want
Oct 06, 2012, 02:04 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
I can get the motors to turn on now but very unstable when I try to leave the ground
Oct 06, 2012, 02:17 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Okay, what did you do different this time?
Oct 06, 2012, 05:27 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
I can get the motors to turn on now but very unstable when I try to leave the ground

Jumping in here late but Airplanekid are you calibarting each motor individualy to ESC and are you calibrating each time you power up to take off by up pitch and full throttle left rudder and up pitch and down throttle and left rudder? always pitch first so as not to arm, move throttle slowly to make sure you are not armed. Are you trying to take off in stable mode or in acro mode? As I said jumping in here late so maybe DA has already gone over all of this with you. If so disregard.
Oct 06, 2012, 07:45 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
I was paying no attention to my radio and the trim was way off. Whoopsy. Ive done calibrating and all of that. But now, In config. my yaw, roll, and pitch is at 1505, how do i center that back to 1500?
Oct 06, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered User
Quick question: I got this cheap $6 OLED Screen from RCTimer - everything is connected (5V I2C Bus) and I activated the LCD+OLED in the config.h - however all I get is thousands of dots on the screen. Anyone had a similar issue and solved it?
Oct 06, 2012, 09:32 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
I was paying no attention to my radio and the trim was way off. Whoopsy. Ive done calibrating and all of that. But now, In config. my yaw, roll, and pitch is at 1505, how do i center that back to 1500?
I would not worry about 1505


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Hangar 9's Piper J-3 Cub 40 Plug-N-Play PNP Plug N Play Evo 46NT Powered ARF Review tailskid2 Scale Fuel Planes 15 Sep 07, 2017 10:50 PM
Help! need new flight controller recommendations n3m1s1s Multirotor Drone Talk 115 Jan 09, 2012 10:38 AM
Article Subsonic's Motrolfly Plug and Play Power System: Motor, Controller & Battery Review Michael Heer Power Systems 27 Dec 16, 2010 01:36 PM
Data Plug 'n Play separates: An Esky CP2 with an E-flight 2 in 1... elan Micro Helis 3 Mar 19, 2010 09:51 AM
Discussion Air Hogs Plug n'Play Flight Deck Simulator trust416 Micro Ready-to-Fly 14 Aug 05, 2007 11:44 AM