Sep 06, 2012, 09:36 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
well hell for 11 bucks off hobbyking i will pick up a Flamewheel 450. i am going to modify it and make it carry the gopro smoother.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2012, 11:33 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
Okay, Mr. Drone.
I am here to help you get it pumping.
When you arm the quad does the little yellow led come on and stay on?
Remember Doc on my 30amp Turnigys I had to set the "#define mincommand to 900" in the sketch config file before the motors would run.

Don't know if this is Mr Drones problem or not.
Sep 06, 2012, 11:50 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv
Remember Doc on my 30amp Turnigys I had to set the "#define mincommand to 900" in the sketch config file before the motors would run.

Don't know if this is Mr Drones problem or not.
Hello my friend,
He figured it out.
I guess sometmes we forget the smallest thing.
When it happens to me, I pinch myself!
That way, I will always remember.

Later guys!
Sep 07, 2012, 03:07 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
well hell for 11 bucks off hobbyking i will pick up a Flamewheel 450. i am going to modify it and make it carry the gopro smoother.
The SK450 is a nicer frame IMHO. I'd go with it over the F450 clone.
Sep 07, 2012, 11:29 AM
I like it too!
But I am trying not to buy clones!
Sep 07, 2012, 12:08 PM
flitelab, explain to me why the sk450 is better? I might consider getting that instead
Sep 07, 2012, 12:16 PM
also is anyone here a proud owner of hexTronik DT750 brushless motors?
Sep 07, 2012, 01:16 PM
Team Armattan
Hehe that almost looks like a electric toy that my wife...... well never mind LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
I still love mine too!

Well guys, since I build about two of two to three giant antennas every year.

And I mean giant too.

Talking about three 20 foot beams, I decided to give it a go at making some smaller antennas.
I made a 3 turn first.
Today I tested the 3 turn and I got over a half mile down the street before I lost signal.
Really I think it is because by that time, I could not really see the VTX any more.
I was behind a bunch of buildings too.
I did not fly that distance. Which means in and open area, you should get more than 2-3 miles.

What I plan on doing is only selling a few to the Quadrino family.
It will be cheaper than others I have seen.
I think I can do 35 bucks shipped for 3 - 5 turn.
45 bucks for 7 - 9 turn.
I will not sell these to anyone either, only those that have Quadrino boards.
If you want one please PM me and I will put your name on the list.
Each antenna will be tested, before it leaves here.

At this moment, I am looking to order enought parts to make at least 5!

Below is a couple pics of mine mounter to my FPV case!

Hope you guys like it.
At this moment, I am looking to order enought parts to make at least ten!
Sep 07, 2012, 01:18 PM
HAhahaha, I am still laughing because I have seen your wife.

Now I can't go back to your house!

LOL!
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Sep 07, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Sep 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
also is anyone here a proud owner of hexTronik DT750 brushless motors?
I have used these motors for the past 3 years. They are good for the price. Currently have a tri and 2 quads flying with them.
Sep 07, 2012, 02:10 PM
Just to let you guys know jsflyrv is a no bias friend of mine!
Sep 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
Back to being serious.
Is there anything you guys want to chat about on Sunday?
Remember we are doing Webex on Sunday!
Sep 07, 2012, 02:19 PM
Funny I just looked at that motor. I have 8 of them to bad I can't use them the have a different mount!
Sep 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab
My new Qav500 took a bath in the lake this weekend. It was my fault totally, was playing with RTH, it started to head towards a tree, I tried to correct and got disorented. Chop throttle to save from a very expensive crash only to miss the bulkhead by mear feet. SPLASH. Quad went into the lake. Luckly in a cove beside the house that only 3-4 deep.

Got it out unplugged the battery, let it try of a day then left it in a bag of rice for two more day. Came back home to test it, BOOM everything powered up perfect, test flew it and everything works. You could only imagine my excitement.

SO i guess the quadrino is some what water resistant. Guess only time will tell. Cant belive all the electronics still work. Ezosd, Navigatron gps, quadrino, imrc Vtx, Horyzon hd cam. I just shocked.

So Atown it may all come back to like, Just dont power anything until you are sure it's dry.
Agreed, they are shelved for the moment. What's odd is that my micro sd was blank. I even lost other recordings that were there....? Standard sd's do get water in them. But micros are one solid price of plastic molded around the electronics. And it's blank. The only thing I can figure is if the camera shorted out, it burned the card somehow.

I've taken down time to do some much needed mods to the plane. All surfaces are now hinged instead of those stiff 'pinched' foam hinges. Added some carbon fiber rods to tail and fuse to stop the flexing in wind and support the extra fpv gear.

Now I'm wondering about mounting my extra zoom fc in a plane....hhhmmmmmm the gears are turning.......
Sep 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
My brother, That is why I went with the ZII!
Build it heavy and it still flies. Also birds up here attack will rip the wings off a plane.
I have seen it twice.
Once by a hawk and then by an eagle.
I have two crows on my street the try to attack my quads.
If it ever happens I hope it is on video.
Well a Wing will not go down the same as a regular plane.
You get hit and it keeps flying!

Quick Reply