Sep 05, 2012, 02:45 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Don't feel alone I think I just watched the last video out of my VTX.
Just stop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93
Well I lost me wingcam and even the sd card....really odd as those things are usually what survives...... 120 bucks gone...
I also lost one of the wing servos. I could feel it dragging a bit as I landed/crashed Monday. Not sure if the water killed it or it just failed.

The spectrum receiver, tm1000 and satellite are ok as is the Nova osd board, battery sensor, ir sensor and GPS.

The camera is a 700tvl turnagy incased in metal. It runs a bit warm so if anything did get in, it probably dries itself.

The 5.8g tx sits behind the camera so it was only slightly damp when I landed.

Battery is not puffed or anything. I'm going to give it a week before I touch it just in case.....

Adding air inlets in the front of a plane seemed like a great idea at the time...... need to rethink the water problem.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 04:24 PM
Oh, nice cold solder joint.
I guess it too 3 months to show it's self?
Sep 05, 2012, 04:53 PM
Forgot to update the group about the acrylic dome company I visited.

That particular place does not do anything smaller than 9 in circumferences and about 3mm thick. Turns out you can't consistantly vacuum mold small sizes and thin material without some super expensive machine.

I explained what we are trying to do and he said you can find templates online to cut various shapes out of sheets of plastic. Then just bend and glue.

I'm going to search around and find one online to use for a camera dome for my plane....no more rain.... I'll upload pics if I can get the parts and get something together.
Sep 05, 2012, 11:21 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
hey doc is the flamewheel 450 a good frame for the quadrino board?
Sep 06, 2012, 01:09 AM
Yes it is.
Really I am going to prove that really it will go In any frame.
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Sep 06, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Sep 06, 2012, 12:30 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
My new Qav500 took a bath in the lake this weekend. It was my fault totally, was playing with RTH, it started to head towards a tree, I tried to correct and got disorented. Chop throttle to save from a very expensive crash only to miss the bulkhead by mear feet. SPLASH. Quad went into the lake. Luckly in a cove beside the house that only 3-4 deep.

Got it out unplugged the battery, let it try of a day then left it in a bag of rice for two more day. Came back home to test it, BOOM everything powered up perfect, test flew it and everything works. You could only imagine my excitement.

SO i guess the quadrino is some what water resistant. Guess only time will tell. Cant belive all the electronics still work. Ezosd, Navigatron gps, quadrino, imrc Vtx, Horyzon hd cam. I just shocked.

So Atown it may all come back to like, Just dont power anything until you are sure it's dry.
Sep 06, 2012, 01:07 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
hey doc is the flamewheel 450 a good frame for the quadrino board?
I thought I remembered reading about vibration problems with the FW frame arms somewhere?
Sep 06, 2012, 01:10 PM
People always complain about vibration issues on the flamewheel.
But really the problem is miss balanced props, motors out of balance and bad bearings.
I flew a flamewheel for 3 months straight without any vibration issues.
The arms do flex, But I haven't seen that affect flight performance.
It is still one of mine and other guys favorite frame to fly.
Heck it takes me like 3 mins to change and arm out now.

I recommend that frame to anyone.
That frame is DoctorAudio Apporved!
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Sep 06, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Damm phone, typos!
Sep 06, 2012, 01:13 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
Well that makes sense, I had gotten a bad impression about them, but I see a lot of people using the frames and seem to be happy with them.
Sep 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
FPV addict
I loved my first one and flew it every day, I forgot the check my prop adapters on a flight and it threw a prop while filming some boats at anchor in chesepeak bay. I have another one that I'm testing an X8 config on, had to make some custom motor mounts, and even with some heavy motors she's still a stable platform to fly.
Sep 06, 2012, 04:10 PM
I still love mine too!

Well guys, since I build about two of two to three giant antennas every year.

And I mean giant too.

Talking about three 20 foot beams, I decided to give it a go at making some smaller antennas.
I made a 3 turn first.
Today I tested the 3 turn and I got over a half mile down the street before I lost signal.
Really I think it is because by that time, I could not really see the VTX any more.
I was behind a bunch of buildings too.
I did not fly that distance. Which means in and open area, you should get more than 2-3 miles.

What I plan on doing is only selling a few to the Quadrino family.
It will be cheaper than others I have seen.
I think I can do 35 bucks shipped for 3 - 5 turn.
45 bucks for 7 - 9 turn.
I will not sell these to anyone either, only those that have Quadrino boards.
If you want one please PM me and I will put your name on the list.
Each antenna will be tested, before it leaves here.

At this moment, I am looking to order enought parts to make at least 5!

Below is a couple pics of mine mounter to my FPV case!

Hope you guys like it.
At this moment, I am looking to order enought parts to make at least ten!
Sep 06, 2012, 05:50 PM

Motors arm but will not spin - Multiwii SE v0.2

Greetings,

I have programmed my ESCs and assembled my quad. I am using a Devention Devo-10 transmitter and AX802 receiver. When I run my multiwiiconfig program, I can see all the data about my board and the readouts conform to my transmitter settings (pitch, throttle, yaw, etc).

With my transmitter and receiver on, I power up the ESCs and they sing their little 1-2-3 song, then give 3 beeps for the 3-cell LiPo pack and one long beep. I am told this means I am ready to fly, except the motors will not respond to the transmitter. They do not care where the throttle is when I power them up, they still give the all clear signal and then just sit there.

Can anyone help? I have Turnegy (or clone) 30 amp ECSs which I programmed through my transmitter and the receiver throttle port and A2212/13T motors. My GUI says the transmitter is working but the quad says otherwise.

My hope is that I am doing something insanely simple and stupid - any suggestions?

Thanks - Baran
Sep 06, 2012, 05:57 PM
Okay, Mr. Drone.
I am here to help you get it pumping.
When you arm the quad does the little yellow led come on and stay on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Drone
Greetings,

I have programmed my ESCs and assembled my quad. I am using a Devention Devo-10 transmitter and AX802 receiver. When I run my multiwiiconfig program, I can see all the data about my board and the readouts conform to my transmitter settings (pitch, throttle, yaw, etc).

With my transmitter and receiver on, I power up the ESCs and they sing their little 1-2-3 song, then give 3 beeps for the 3-cell LiPo pack and one long beep. I am told this means I am ready to fly, except the motors will not respond to the transmitter. They do not care where the throttle is when I power them up, they still give the all clear signal and then just sit there.

Can anyone help? I have Turnegy (or clone) 30 amp ECSs which I programmed through my transmitter and the receiver throttle port and A2212/13T motors. My GUI says the transmitter is working but the quad says otherwise.

My hope is that I am doing something insanely simple and stupid - any suggestions?

Thanks - Baran
Sep 06, 2012, 06:18 PM

unstable at high throttle, and solution

Just went through a weird one and wanted to give people a heads up if you have these symptoms, took me lots of time before a realized what was wrong.

Just moved the quadrino and all electronics to a new frame, no other changes, take off and normal hover were perfect as expected but when i applied more power it became unstable, rocking back and forth until i relaxed the power and it stabilized. Checked for the usual vibrations and settings, then as a last resort swapped out all ESC's thinking they may not be delivering the power needed to keep it stable at high throttle, THAT DID IT, all smooth again, luckily i keep multiple spares, now i just need to start swapping out 1 at a time to find out which one(s) are bad.

ESC's are HK SS 18/20 ( been using them for years, I guess I broke some during the moving process).
Sep 06, 2012, 06:48 PM
Stuff happens!

Quick Reply