Thread Tools
Old May 15, 2011, 03:01 PM
corsair nut is offline
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
such a sweet looking model without those lame du bro piper cub wheels....and wire legs!!!! awsome!

hey, have any of you bvm guys messed with moving the inlet walls farther from the fan face? i know i made very similar ducts for my jhh cougar, and had the walls meet right in front of the fan like these ducts you have. the fan was REALLY loud, and after i cut them back a little ov er a inch, it was far quieter, and performed better too....food for thought...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2011, 03:54 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
such a sweet looking model without those lame du bro piper cub wheels....and wire legs!!!! awsome!

hey, have any of you bvm guys messed with moving the inlet walls farther from the fan face? i know i made very similar ducts for my jhh cougar, and had the walls meet right in front of the fan like these ducts you have. the fan was REALLY loud, and after i cut them back a little ov er a inch, it was far quieter, and performed better too....food for thought...
We only have maybe a half inch to work with as they curve towards the side walls immediately, if we cut them back we'd have to fill in the gap...

Jack
Old May 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
corsair nut is offline
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
would be worth trying at some point,,,it has always helped me..
Old May 19, 2011, 05:01 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Still waiting on servos, not abandoning the thread!

Jack
Old May 19, 2011, 05:08 PM
corsair nut is offline
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
we need some "all together" pics of it outside or somethin....i dont tink ive seen a E in this scheme yet.
Old May 19, 2011, 06:43 PM
rvincent is online now
Find More Posts by rvincent
Renegade Fun Forever!!
rvincent's Avatar
I may have missed it? But which BVM set up are you using in this and how many cells?
Old May 19, 2011, 06:56 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
I may have missed it? But which BVM set up are you using in this and how many cells?
5612 Fan on 12S. Before you ask, because I have one laying around...

Jack
Old May 20, 2011, 08:44 AM
kingsflyer is offline
Find More Posts by kingsflyer
We shall serve the Lord
kingsflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Still waiting on servos, not abandoning the thread!

Jack

What kind of servos did you order? Must be some super secret flux capacitor powered servos that have to be delivered by Brinks armored car rather than the normal big brown truck.

McD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old May 20, 2011, 08:47 AM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
What kind of servos did you order? Must be some super secret flux capacitor powered servos that have to be delivered by Brinks armored car rather than the normal big brown truck.

McD
Nah, just all HV stuff from JR. My LHS didn't have them all so I ordered them. I think they are delivering them via Pony Express though...

Jack
Old May 20, 2011, 10:51 AM
lashmett75 is online now
Find More Posts by lashmett75
Not a Drone pilot
lashmett75's Avatar
Looks good Jack.

I got an Electra as well. It is all white white, built wing from the factory. Just need to build the elevators, and glass them and the wing.

Still looking around for a nice sport paint scheme.

I will be using the TJ120, CC ICE 160, JR 3421 all the way around, electric retracts with Tam struts. Hoping to keep it under 14lbs with 7200mah packs
6x3600mah 4s 50c packs.

Keep the photos coming...now I need to find the time to get er done.

James
Old May 20, 2011, 12:43 PM
P. Richards is online now
Find More Posts by P. Richards
Swat Team Member
P. Richards's Avatar

Great build thread Jack


I am thinking of adding brakes to mine and those wheels look great.
The extra weight from those won't even matter with the performance of the Electra...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old May 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
Looks good Jack.

I got an Electra as well. It is all white white, built wing from the factory. Just need to build the elevators, and glass them and the wing.

Still looking around for a nice sport paint scheme.

I will be using the TJ120, CC ICE 160, JR 3421 all the way around, electric retracts with Tam struts. Hoping to keep it under 14lbs with 7200mah packs
6x3600mah 4s 50c packs.

Keep the photos coming...now I need to find the time to get er done.

James
I would suggest 378's in the wings and vertical fin, they are thin, mount very easily using 3/8" square hardwood and install in less than 1/4 the time of the 3421's. The 3421's on elevator are a must though! Don't get me wrong, 3421's will work though...

Jack
Old May 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
gunradd is online now
Find More Posts by gunradd
KingtechUSA
gunradd's Avatar
I just put brakes on mine with the BVM wheels. It lands at a walking pace but I could see a time you might need them like some turd pulling out on the runway while you are landing.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:48 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Richards View Post
I am thinking of adding brakes to mine and those wheels look great.
The extra weight from those won't even matter with the performance of the Electra...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Agreed! The bling value from the wheels outweighs their weight, heheh...

Jack
Old May 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
I just put brakes on mine with the BVM wheels. It lands at a walking pace but I could see a time you might need them like some turd pulling out on the runway while you are landing.
Short runways and forced landings when you don't want to runoff the end. I'd rather burn a little rubber and save my gear...

Jack


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion BVM Electra ARF Kevin Murray Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 26 Jun 12, 2014 09:13 PM
Build Log BVM Electra ARF build and modifications ralf dvorak Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 42 Jan 27, 2012 06:52 AM
Discussion BVM electra/Air blue gear. skyhawk Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 0 Apr 25, 2011 06:55 PM
For Sale BVM Electra ARF (RTF) - $4200 chw757s6640 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 11 Mar 12, 2011 10:01 PM
For Sale BVM Electra ARF coupon RicVaughn Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Oct 09, 2008 09:43 PM