This thread is privately moderated by **neons**, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 09, 2011, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Carl Goldberg E-Power Conversion

This was an older Cub model I rejuvinated as an E-power model. It has a neat unique style of a plugin motor and battery nose module. I also made the setup for sea and land flights. Have a look at this setup. It would be very good for short nose and radial motor WWI and WWII planes with every other plane in between also.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1420773
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2011, 09:15 AM
Always Ready!
Very nice Neons. I like that plug-in battery/motor box... I plan to do the same thing with a 1/6 scale Sterling Stearman. If you get a chance to show the locking mechanism, I'd appreciate it.
May 09, 2011, 09:37 AM
Thread OP
Warhead,
Thanks. Study the Thread pictures closer. The mechanisim is just the piano wire pushed through the drilled wood and lined up plastic tubing across the whole module. If the wire is bowed slightly it has rubbing friction effect passing through the whole asembly. Just push in and it is pressure locked. It just can't slid out on it's own. When you pull the wire the whole assembly is removed. The wire can be made into a part of the plane to hide it if you wanted too.
Bob
May 09, 2011, 10:02 AM
Always Ready!
So it's like the pin on a grenade... an unfortunate comparison Looks like a good way to do it though... might even use the Stearman's air intake "snorkel" as the handle for the pin.
Nov 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
Thread OP
Here is my latest flight which seems to be on the way to great plane. The motor is changed to an Axi 4120/14. it runs a 12X8 Master Air E-prop at 478 watts at 32 amps. The Esc is a 50 amp with an external Ubec setup. The wing on this flight is my other longer wing 78inch span. It was flown in 15mph wind here. It did not have any effect on the plane. Plenty of reserve power as you will see attempting a landing and going to full throttle pullout. The battery is a 5000mah 14.8v - 3S Turnigy.

11 19 12 Piper Cub test (5 min 36 sec)

**Neons** Bob

Quick Reply