High Desert Radio Control Club, Fernley NV - Page 5 - RC Groups
May 30, 2011, 06:53 PM

Memorial Day at Tiger Field

What a great day of flying today guys! I didn't have my camera so can't wait to see pictures posted. So cool to see helicopters, trainers, foamies, (sometimes up to 4 at a time!),edf's,scale and a turbine all of us having a blast.
This is what it's all about.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2011, 08:32 PM
GREAT time today. Foamie war was awesome!
new pics on website, more to come. Videos coming soon
May 30, 2011, 09:03 PM

Here are some pics

Like he said
May 30, 2011, 10:18 PM
Official Boat Bum
Hey guys!

Looking forward to meeting many of you. I'll be a new club member, I fly mostly jets and EDF's. A little warbird action as well! I live in South Reno but I'm really looking forward to supporting the new club in the area.

When the weather clears up a little I'll be at the field a few times flying with Greg and Brad, burning some kerosene!

Very much looking froward to seeing you guys out there having fun and doing your thing too.

Here's Brad and Greg's jets'... and a couple of mine too...

Let's go fly!
May 31, 2011, 05:29 PM
Here's a few more pictures from flying Monday.
Jun 01, 2011, 01:09 PM
Official Boat Bum
So I have a suggestion:

We all host a "fair weather" native dance to appease the weather spirits that are vexing an otherwise perfectly good month. The 50 mph winds that sound like a freight train got old about 2 minutes into the demonstration of Mother Nature's wrath.

Anyone in? For me, I'm ready to fly and go boating. I'm getting cabin fever and I'm not one for TV really, and all my models are built and RTF. My kids and wife are twice as restless as I am!
Jun 01, 2011, 08:32 PM
Ed,

I'm game for whatever it takes at this point! C'mon summer.
Jun 02, 2011, 06:59 PM
Ah, smell the Jet exhaust...
Brads Boomerang Jet (2 min 50 sec)

Jun 02, 2011, 08:24 PM
Official Boat Bum
Well I got a bunch of "foamie" EDF flying in behind my house today. Finally some nice weather! One "exploding" EDF rotor on the F-35 in the morning and then four back to back flights on my Mig-15 and F9F Panther, 2 each jet, all fun and no exploding rotors on those jets. The F-35 (bad rotor jet) already has a replacement Habu upgrade power set coming in from Horizon Hobby (70mm rotor, about 600 watts of power for a little foamie - should be a nice upgrade and the rotor should NOT explode any more).

I'll bet you guys got some flying in at the "real" RC air park. PS - nice jet video from the other day
Jun 03, 2011, 12:35 PM
umpf umpf
Flying for Saturday june 4, 2011.
i should be out at tiger at about 9 am or so.

Also, remember that the club meeting is saturday.
Jun 08, 2011, 06:52 PM
Can you feel it? Its coming in two days.. Lets ROCK Reno's biggest heli fun fly. I'll bring the donuts on Saturday!
Jun 08, 2011, 08:54 PM
umpf umpf

new r/c pilot

we got ourselves a new r/c pilot.
her name is Hailee. born 6-6-2011

Name: Hailee 06-06-2011 (6).jpg
Views: 56
Size: 194.4 KB
Description: hailee and sophia Name: Hailee 06-06-2011 (7).jpg
Views: 52
Size: 125.1 KB
Description: hailee and me
Jun 09, 2011, 09:13 AM
I bet she flies better than both of us! congrats
Jun 09, 2011, 08:59 PM
congrats on your new baby! we are going out to the dry lake bed sat. and sun. thinking about camping out there out past fort church hill
Jun 09, 2011, 10:34 PM
umpf umpf
Camping should be good this weekend. It looks like the weather is going to be good.
I have plans to go to Reno this weekend for the annual heli funfly.