High Desert Radio Control Club, Fernley NV - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 20, 2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylqrm
Todd, from the Reno Radio Control Club sent me an email asking for volunteers to help him put in a concrete pad at the Reno club. The construction date is tentatively set for Saturday June 4th at 10a. The club has to vote on its construction so he wont know for sure until after their next meeting. For information please contact Todd at Todski@charter.net
UPDATE: The Reno club president has decided to postpone the pad until it can be voted on by the membership. Todd has informed me that it wont happen on June 4th. Please keep this project in mind, they can use all the help they can get. Thank you
Last edited by xylqrm; May 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2011, 11:30 AM
OH, a new event to post for all you glider guys..

June 25 & 26, the Sacramento Valley Soaring Society will be hosting our 20th annual, 2-day glider competition. Anyone with current AMA membership is invited to attend.
I’m writing to ask for your help in promoting our annual event. Kindly share the attached announcement with your club members.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Dudley

916-207-1266
Last edited by xylqrm; May 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: content
May 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
just a quick note, got an email from the website contact form. A gentleman in Wadsworth, Jay, wants to come watch us fly, so he can get into the hobby. If anyone is going to Tiger tomorrow please watch out for him. Maybe a new club member!! He is very interested in learning to fly RC.
May 20, 2011, 08:18 PM

Ok, so who is flying tomorrow?

I am trying to see how many people can we bring to Tiger just by leveraging our new Blog!
May 20, 2011, 08:28 PM
umpf umpf
for Saturday morning May 21, 2011
ill be at tiger field at about 8:30 am.
the weather is supposed to be good.
see you there,

eric
May 20, 2011, 08:37 PM
8:30 is early for me. Kid is having a sleep- over, dad the taxi has duties to attend to. cant be at the field before 0930
May 20, 2011, 09:02 PM

Nice!

Now, we need some jet pilots, giant scale and regular rc planes to make it an event . Bring your cameras to capture the moment!

When are we having a BBQ?
May 22, 2011, 07:17 PM

Pics from today at the RRCC

Yep, just stopped by to see if there was anybody flying and look what I found.

I saw the new location for the Heli Pad. They have taken the wires down on one side so it is much better, they also move the pad away from the other wires. I like it!
May 22, 2011, 08:02 PM
nice. Maybe next weekend we can all make a trip out there and invade their club!! Cant wait for the fun fly. should be rockin
May 24, 2011, 09:12 PM
This weekend is different. We beat the wind into submission. The big heli is prepped and ready to rock. Who's with me?
May 25, 2011, 12:27 AM
Well, I bought another case of fuel so we should be all set. I am working on the Aurora but it is a long and slow build. I hope the weather cooperates, at least no water I am in
May 25, 2011, 10:08 AM
pre-registration for the all heli fun fly, June 10-12 is open at WWW.todski.com

Landing fee is $30 which he wants pilots to bring to the field on their first day.
May 25, 2011, 09:49 PM

Good day at fly in

Missed flying at Tiger Field on Sunday. I did make it down to Silver Springs and set up a table. We also had a member there all day Sat. Many interested people stopped by to chat about the hobby and our club! Carson's club had a display and flew several demonstration flights Sat. We were able to fly a T-34 and a turbine jet demonstration on Sunday. Great fun! Hope to make it to Tiger Field this Sunday weather permitting.
May 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
Thought about going to Carson early friday morning and flying the radian down there. If I get there early enough the wind should be minimal. If anyone wants to ride down with me, or meet me there, drop me a note. should be fun to invade their club again!
May 28, 2011, 05:03 PM
Stiitng here........AT WORK. Watching the storm roll in....Will it EVER be Spring?