High Desert Radio Control Club, Fernley NV - Page 153 - RC Groups
Oct 13, 2017, 09:10 AM
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
Medals for this weekend's Swap Meet & Fun-Fly are in. They are awesome with custom engraving and lots of "bling". I'm going to wear mine to work on Monday morning!
Oh, so you ordered 'extras' then?
Latest blog entry: Seagull Gipsy Moth (back to it)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2017, 11:34 AM
Wandering IT geek
John - Sent an excel file to your gmail account.
Dec 07, 2017, 01:33 PM
umpf umpf
sell you transmitters now while there still worth something.

a huge game changer for RC transmitters.

the Spektrum IX12 is 599.00. a game changer at this price point. AMAZING

check out this video

Thursday Thunder 12/7/2017 Broadcast - Spektrum IX12 Intelligent Transmitter (19 min 14 sec)

i hope you fernley flyers are doing well.
i havent been out there in some time, i need to get out there and see you guys,

eric
Last edited by basser; Dec 07, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Dec 08, 2017, 07:19 PM
Hey Eric

yeah we miss you. I took a look at the iX12. I may just get one of those for my jets. I'm really missing the channel count that I need with the Hitec. For that kind of money, its worth just for the jet needs.
Jan 03, 2018, 06:38 PM
Official Boat Bum
So we never chat on here anymore! Who's doing what? I know there's a lot of flying going on, it's too nice to not be.

I hear the jet guys are going nuts this winter with the calm and nice days. While I've been too busy to join in until very recently, I did get some slow flying airliner stuff going the other day and George from the Carson club snagged my BAe-146 in flight with his iPhone.

Electric Airliner with Sound! (7 min 54 sec)

I've also been flying my Spitfire with the new sound system (half transducer half speaker). I can play the classic Churchill rants in the house of commons, bag pipe clips, air raid sirens, and the standard glory of a V-12 Merlin in all the regular operations including Engine Run Ups, Supercharger Fly Pasts and Canons blazing.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:46 PM
Nice Eddie P! My dad's sheet metal shop is in Hayward in line with Oakland's runway. I believe the 146's had a split air brake on the fuselage tail cone and they used to deploy them right over the shop - they made a very distinctive sound! How big are the two fan's your running?
Jan 03, 2018, 08:19 PM
Official Boat Bum
Good'Day Robin, good point, I would have loved to make that air brake feature come to life, I penned it out and it was doable, and it's a very distinctive feature on the Smurf Jet! At some point though, you gotta yield to reality and say, "that's good enough!"

The fans are CS 70 12 blade units running on 5 cells. They are hard to balance, I put in a lot of time and effort to get them as quiet as they could be so the sound system can do it's work. They run like butter except for a range of low rpm or so where they resonate but I intentionally avoid that range. Anything above 20 percent is smooth and sounds great, and anything below 15 percent is smooth and quiet as well.
Jan 04, 2018, 10:55 AM
I wasn't 'dinging' you Eddie P, it was just seeing your model jarred my memory of hearing them fly over so frequently! Beautiful model and I see now they're converting some of them to air tankers.

Fully understand the 'where do you stop' - there are so many details I want to add to my DH.60 project and it's tough to decide between enough and too much on (in my case) a semi-scale model!
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Jan 04, 2018 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added photo
Jan 04, 2018, 11:42 AM
Official Boat Bum
Oh believe me Robin I did not take that cool memory and comment as a dig at all. I was just saying I am on board with that cool idea 100 percent but the reason I did not do it was I had to pick a spot to drop anchor and settle in for the final configuration. When I'm retired I promise myself I will do an all in project some day. Sort of like ACE (you out here?) or my good role model JB in his DC-9 build here!
Jan 04, 2018, 05:27 PM
Yeah I'm lurking today. Nice job on the model. I'm busy getting my Euro Fighter updated for next week at the Coachella event. Built a quick and dirty Instrument panel this morning and just installed it.
Jan 05, 2018, 11:17 PM
Official Boat Bum
Quick and Dirty! Ha ha, epic work
Jan 07, 2018, 04:01 PM
amjet, I think there's a scaled down version of this canyon out here by my place if you want to give it a shot! Check out the shadow on the third pass!

A-10 Demo Team at Star Wars Canyon November 2017 (3 min 8 sec)
Jan 11, 2018, 08:59 AM
Cool stuff! We have had some good flying days at Tiger this winter. I'm sure enjoying the Freewing A-10. A few of us are heading down to Desert Warbirds in Coachella California. This year it's a full two day event. Should be a lot of fun!
Jan 11, 2018, 09:13 AM
Robin, I'm not sure which Squadron it is but I t looks like the same one I'm using on mine! Wild video! (I painted the off white on top of the Vertical stabs.)

Photo credit - Eddie P
Last edited by amjet; Jan 11, 2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: photo credit
Jan 11, 2018, 10:41 AM
Safe travels and you all have fun on the trip Brad!

Quick Reply