This thread is privately moderated by raglafart, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 11, 2011, 10:01 AM

Bouncie II, a neat ChrisCraft type speedboat

This seems to have become a dead thread. Here is my attempt to resuscitate it. Wake Up guys, all the cool plans don't need to be in the airplane section.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2011, 11:24 AM
Many thanks, You, I've been looking for this plan for years.
I first saw it in one of my dad's magazines in 1948,but then lost sight of it over the years and many moves. Hope this inspires a few builds,it has me.
Jul 12, 2011, 06:07 AM
Well done Hey You, mastered the black arts

If you scan the pages at 300DPI as Jpegs, put them into one folder and then convert the whole folder to PDF you end up with just one entry.

Apart from that, great work.

Regards Ian.
Jul 12, 2011, 08:23 AM

Hello Ian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip
Well done Hey You, mastered the black arts

If you scan the pages at 300DPI as Jpegs, put them into one folder and then convert the whole folder to PDF you end up with just one entry.

Apart from that, great work.

Regards Ian.
Yes, it can be done that way and the scans did start out as jpgs, however, I am on dial-up out here in the boonies so anything approaching 1 meg usually ends up with my ISP kicking me off. Then again the ISP only bangs me $10 a month so I (more or less happily) put up with these minor hassles.
Jul 13, 2011, 02:11 AM
I am starting to wonder can a person still get a copy of that boat plan book. that would be neat to have handy Just wondering DON
Jul 14, 2011, 01:25 PM

Electron III, a slick cabin cruiser

From Science & Mechanics, 1951. I don't have part 2 but nowadays we would use R/C rather than L/C (light control) so nothing is lost other than a bit of historic interest.
Jul 14, 2011, 03:18 PM

Hull former fixture

This is a how-to handy-hint rather than a boat plan but I think it would be wasted if I put it over in the airplane section. It works out real well if you have a table or chop saw to square cut the 3/4" particle boards.
Jul 15, 2011, 01:00 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_You
This is a how-to handy-hint rather than a boat plan but I think it would be wasted if I put it over in the airplane section. It works out real well if you have a table or chop saw to square cut the 3/4" particle boards.
Very neat!

Thanks for posting that - good ideas are always welcome!
Jul 17, 2011, 07:23 AM

My Drawings

Here is a list of some of my drawings email me if there anything that you like most of them I got free.Will post some later
cgbillb@charter.net
Jul 28, 2011, 08:42 AM

Bouncie II

This is fun . . .
Aug 01, 2011, 07:43 AM

The first Bouncie

I haven't built this one, didn't think it looked as neat as Bouncie II (beauty is in the eye of the beerholder).
Nov 02, 2011, 10:30 AM
Recycled Modeller
Could I ask if anyone knows of a beginners yacht that was given as a free plan in, I believe, "Model Boats" sometime in the 60's.
I built this, and it was the only really successful yacht I ever sailed, I cannot now remember it's name, but perhaps a brief description might help to stir memories? It had a hard-chine balsa hull, about 30" or so, and the sails were cut from polythene bags! If anyone knows anything about this, which I realise is unlikely!, I'd be very gratefull

I would love to build it again if I could ever get hold of the plan.

Wilf
Nov 02, 2011, 01:13 PM
Dab Chick?

Regards Ian.
Nov 02, 2011, 03:04 PM
Recycled Modeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip
Dab Chick?

Regards Ian.
I really have no idea of the name, it has been a LONG time, I'd have to see a picture, or the plan, to know if it was the one.

Wilf

Quick Reply