This thread is privately moderated by raglafart, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
Tugs Rule!!
I have the following:

Hull lines drawing for Canadian Tug 'Mercer Straits'

GA plan for tug Jervis Crown.

Smit Nederland 'Billings'.

Send me PM if interested.
Last edited by tugs53; Feb 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2012, 06:30 PM
Living the dream
Found a couple as well, hope their usefull...
Feb 07, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yup those are the ones I was trying to run down. those willl help in the future..
BUT right now I am looking for any plans on those patroll boats.
I know this one is a long shot and as far as I know it was one of those TV make up boats but what would be realy intresting to see if there was any plans for the boat that they use on the old show of MC Hales navy for it is now being played again. on antena Tv. I know the real PT 73 was a higgins that went down during a battle i think in the Pacific??
but I could be wrong on that one but I do know she a was a higgins..
OK thank you again. DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Feb 07, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Feb 07, 2012, 03:17 PM
Too bad you are not in this area some day. The Fall River, MA - Battleship Cove Historical has 2 different fully restored PT boats under its roof. They have memorabalia from every PT Boat group on display aboard the battleship.They are really beautiful. Maybe there is reference online for you. I am sure there are other historical sites to be found on the internet with all you want to know about these vessels.
**Neons** Bob
Feb 07, 2012, 04:33 PM
Living the dream
You want to know ANYTHING about Coastal combatants, especially PT Boats....you go here to the message board!!!!http://www.ptboats.org/
Feb 07, 2012, 05:34 PM
I knew if I put something on the board about this I would get some answers .. Ya I know about fall rivers pt boats. I wish I could get back there FOR I have met those that are involve like Alas New Berry and Don shanon many years ago. trying to fine things on a vospert is not all that easy that is why I went to this board. thank you all for the help your doing for me . When I build this one I will be sure to share a build with all of you. DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Feb 07, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Feb 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
...........Aurora ..cruiser.............................Azov 1800.........................Baku.. 1935 soviet destroyer.............Brillant 1690 french
Last edited by davereap; Feb 08, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Feb 08, 2012, 05:08 AM
A few more from...http://15marins.blogspot.com/

..................Gozo............................ .............Grampus.............................K etch de Plaisance.......................Mistral
Last edited by davereap; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:22 AM.
Feb 08, 2012, 05:27 AM
And a few more from.... http://15marins.blogspot.com/

...............A Pirate ship..................................Requin...... ...........................Savannah............... ..............Seagull
Last edited by davereap; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
Feb 08, 2012, 05:42 AM
Thats enough from ... http://15marins.blogspot.com/
They have a lot more plans on their site if you go through the archives on the left of their page...
Not all were suitable for our posting limitations... so I did a few as examples..
Feb 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
well have we hit the end of the line for ship plans . Still looking for a set for a montana class battle ship. Those Vospert will work fine thank you for sharing . DON
Feb 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
I think Dave has done a wonderfull contribution here as with a few other of lesser amounts by other posters. There will be a point here where Dave's has his bucket of plans emptied. I like the nice variety of vessels that were uploaded also. What I think now that this thread is established very well now. It would be nice if paticipating hobbyists were to go into there personal magazine storage and to start scanning very old magazines with the complete plans and text.

Use at least 300 dpi and get them converted to Pdf files. The Pdf files have the advantage of viewing and printing in a larger scale with less pixel breakdowns. I always take B&W pages that were in discolored and and from color printed magazines and convert it to gray scale also. It will help make a better print also. I do not have hardly any boat magazines other than WoodenBoat. I do not think I can't upload any of their content due to copyrights and they still are in print. I believe out of print and no longer in buisiness are mostly fair to get uploaded here. I do have hard books but again I am afraid to scan them as I have no idea as to what can be copied without ruffling feathers to this thread. Many are out of print. I think maybe if it was out of print as a guess 50 years I may be ok. I just do not know. But anyway, I think there are many old magazines in someones storage that can be copied and shared in an archive depository like this one here without problems. Are there any of you that can elaborate on this?
**Neons** Bob
Feb 11, 2012, 10:44 AM
All the remainder of my stuff is too new or shows signs that it was wanted to be copywrite, so I have come to the end of the plans that I thought were ok to post...
Its a shame cause theres loads of newer material about, in lots of places on the net, but the thread is wanted as vintage boats or plans..
so there we are stuck...
Any more plans posted from magazines should be pre 1960 or 1970 as per the spec on the planes thread

emailed to me.......

The KEY rules are :

Plans before 1960

If you suspect a plan is copyrighted, DO NOT post it.

DO NOT post plans from magazines that are still publishing and or selling like RCM, FM, RCM&E and others.

DO NOT post a plan that has a date after 196?

DO NOT post a plan that is been changed to hide the author or date.

You know what is right and wrong, do the right thing and hopefully others will do the same and all will be fine.

there is a bit of confusion there... pre 1960 and 196?... thats over 40yrs old
I think that all the 60's are ok but I am not sure..the problem is different rules in different countries...and different rules were in force at different times.. so its all a bit confusing

So try the best to keep it safe for the site... its the site that will get the flack if we get it wrong..

My big problem is knowing just how old some of my downloaded collection of plans are... I dont want to upset anyone by posting copyrighted plans or ones that are being sold comercially.. So if anybody wants any plan removed just send me a PM and please accept my appologies now
Last edited by davereap; Feb 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Feb 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Living the dream
Some better MTBs for those interested.....

Quick Reply