New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:15 PM
emeraldc is offline
Find More Posts by emeraldc
west coast flyer
emeraldc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc View Post
I've got a little "bump" near center stick of my aileron control Does this mean the gimble is wearing out already? Guess I have to open it up & have a look....
tightened the spring a bit seems to be good now.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:09 AM
Eastcoast78 is offline
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
can anyone confirm that once a DSM2 radio is in trainer mode/slave. ie 3.5mm mono jack is plugged in and the radio is booted up with out switched on. That it bypass's the 2.4 band?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:14 AM
ChuckTseeker is offline
Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Easy looking comp and 2 X Spektrum DX7s Transmitters to give away

cheers chuck

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thrill...75108069215605
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:27 AM
aerocal is offline
Find More Posts by aerocal
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
can anyone confirm that once a DSM2 radio is in trainer mode/slave. ie 3.5mm mono jack is plugged in and the radio is booted up with out switched on. That it bypass's the 2.4 band?
I cant say for sure that this is absolutely true for all DSM2 radios but all of my SPM
DX radios will not power the RF section when a Trainer cable is plugged in without the powerswitch in the On position.AFAIK this is how it should work on all radios.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:04 AM
iti20090 is offline
Find More Posts by iti20090
Registered User

Fully trailing edge mix on the DX7s


Hi folks

This would save me homework if someone has done already. Given that the Dx7s is already geared for a four servo wing, I would like to know if the six free mixers will give me all I need for my Minivec aerobatic glider four servo wing. I am one free mix short on my Dx8 and have sacrificed full training edge thermal flap for permanent elevator/full trailing edge mix.

If you have not played with full trailing edge mix, rather not guess. Like my Dx8, I would like to achieve same for my friend on the Dx7s he is contemplating buying:

1. Crow braking, flaps and aileron, with elevator compensation, a gimmie.
2. Full trailing edge aileron (aileron flap mix).
3. Full trailing edge flaperon (flap aileron mix). - leading to:
4. Elevator / flap (full trailing edge) mix - switched and/or permanent.
5. Thermal flap (full trailing edge) switched - reflex also nice but not a requirement.

Thanks and regards
Dave
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:50 AM
finguz is offline
Find More Posts by finguz
Registered User
finguz's Avatar
The throttle 'limiter' tabs (inside the tx) are kind of weird and I thought about removing them for more throttle resolution. Do you guys just run stock with the tabs in?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:01 AM
Buschbarber is online now
Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Registered User
Buschbarber's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
can anyone confirm that once a DSM2 radio is in trainer mode/slave. ie 3.5mm mono jack is plugged in and the radio is booted up with out switched on. That it bypass's the 2.4 band?
This has been the case with JR transmitters even before the 2.4 era. I learned long ago to carry a Radio Shack 1/8" Mono Jack in my transmitter case so when I wanted to play with the programming, I could do so without transmitting.

The Tx only draws 50ma with the Audio Jack or Trainer Cord connected as opposed to 200ma when the Tx was turned on and the RF was transmitting.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:03 AM
AndyKunz is online now
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iti20090 View Post
Hi folks

This would save me homework if someone has done already. Given that the Dx7s is already geared for a four servo wing, I would like to know if the six free mixers will give me all I need for my Minivec aerobatic glider four servo wing. I am one free mix short on my Dx8 and have sacrificed full training edge thermal flap for permanent elevator/full trailing edge mix.

If you have not played with full trailing edge mix, rather not guess. Like my Dx8, I would like to achieve same for my friend on the Dx7s he is contemplating buying:

1. Crow braking, flaps and aileron, with elevator compensation, a gimmie.
2. Full trailing edge aileron (aileron flap mix).
3. Full trailing edge flaperon (flap aileron mix). - leading to:
4. Elevator / flap (full trailing edge) mix - switched and/or permanent.
5. Thermal flap (full trailing edge) switched - reflex also nice but not a requirement.

Thanks and regards
Dave
Dave,

Have you looked at this for your DX8?

http://www.horizonhobby.de/dx8-segelflug-software.html

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:03 PM
dacaur is offline
Find More Posts by dacaur
Heli's rule!
dacaur's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
can anyone confirm that once a DSM2 radio is in trainer mode/slave. ie 3.5mm mono jack is plugged in and the radio is booted up with out switched on. That it bypass's the 2.4 band?
I can say with 100% certainty its true (slave does not transmit.).I have an mCX I fly with a DX5e. I wanted to let my dad fly the mCX, so hooked up my DX7 as master and the DX5e as slave, but did not thuink to bind the mCX to the DX7. (didnt even have it in my DX7 memory at all, in a moment of derpdom, I just turned it on the model it happened to be, which is my nano, and expected it to work) the heli did not respond at all to either transmitter....

If the slave DX5e were transmitting, the heli would have responded to it, since it was still bound to the transmitter.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:10 PM
Eastcoast78 is offline
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Awesome guy thanks, the reason is, im planning to use UHF Dragon Link and with the 433mhz right next to my 7s's antenna i wanted to make sure. I know a lot of guys are using
their Spekrum radios with UHF...but i would still like to get some feed back.

I know some well cringe and the thought of opening up there $400+ radio and voiding the warranty to modding it for UHF but i did.

first was getting a nice backlit LED kit installed. then on to the UHF

DX7S backlight (15 min 29 sec)


Dragon Link With Spektrum DX7s Flown With Dragon Link (3 min 33 sec)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:20 AM
iti20090 is offline
Find More Posts by iti20090
Registered User
Thanks for the great tip, Andy, most appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Dave,

Have you looked at this for your DX8?

http://www.horizonhobby.de/dx8-segelflug-software.html

Andy
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:51 AM
mxz1998 is offline
Find More Posts by mxz1998
Registered User
Well my new DX7s should be here in a couple days. I couldn't find much negative feedback so I assume it doesn't have the issues that some of the DX8 did?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:44 AM
freechip is offline
Find More Posts by freechip
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Have fun.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:27 PM
Krycek W is offline
Find More Posts by Krycek W
Registered User
Krycek W's Avatar
I'm doing 3D indoor flying with my DX7s. I wish to set expo on the throttle chanel to have more range around the middle. Could't find how to set expo on the throttle chanel?

With a Futaba... no problem, very simple, you have the expo option on each channel including the Throttle one.

Somebody could help?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:03 PM
freechip is offline
Find More Posts by freechip
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Throttle curve.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Spectrum dx7 like new bhood Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 14 May 03, 2011 08:51 AM
Sold Spectrum DX7 Like new, Airplane, Mode 2... Joe in Dublin Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Apr 06, 2011 09:37 PM
Discussion New Spectrum DX8 Registration iwchris Radios 6 Mar 31, 2011 03:10 PM
Sold Brand New DX7s Air Mode 2 190.00 shipped Pri Mail rino Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Dec 23, 2009 12:26 AM
Question Speculation on new Dx7s? spython Radios 1 Oct 01, 2008 09:34 AM