Thread Tools
Old May 04, 2011, 08:33 PM
oyacteen is offline
Find More Posts by oyacteen
Registered User
oyacteen's Avatar
Discussion

Upgrade from Syma s107


I want a 4ch and something in the range of $50. Thanks in advance!

(P.S.) I have been looking at these two a lot. What do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

or,

http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Infrare...ref=pd_sim_t_6

I am standing by for answers ASAP. Thanks!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2011, 12:52 AM
coriolan is offline
Find More Posts by coriolan
"Unnecessary Necessity"
coriolan's Avatar
Try that forum instead if you want an answer
https://www.rcgroups.com/coaxial-helicopters-200/
Last edited by coriolan; May 05, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:57 AM
oyacteen is offline
Find More Posts by oyacteen
Registered User
oyacteen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Try that forum for instead if you want an answer
https://www.rcgroups.com/coaxial-helicopters-200/
Tried it. But one of the moderators kicked me. Oh well. Do you have any answers to my original question?
Old May 05, 2011, 11:14 AM
Tim Wolff is offline
Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Tim Wolff's Avatar
Both look like junk to me.

Save up an get a Blade mSR.
Old May 05, 2011, 11:33 AM
oyacteen is offline
Find More Posts by oyacteen
Registered User
oyacteen's Avatar
Okay. Thanks. Any advice. I am willing to venture out of my budget. Thanks for the warning!
Old May 05, 2011, 11:47 AM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff View Post
Both look like junk to me.

Save up an get a Blade mSR.
Tim, they are not junk, they are toy grade.


oyacteen : if had much fun with your old toy heli, and want
progress to something with more controll spend a bit more
and get either a MSR or MCX

MCX will be easier to fly but will also become boring much faster.
MSR can keep you happy for a long time, but will take you longer
to learn to fly.

+++++
EDIT : yes i meant the mcx ... sorry...
Last edited by axelen; May 05, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old May 05, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hugequark is offline
Find More Posts by Hugequark
4 8 15 16 23 42
Hugequark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelen View Post
MCP will be easier to fly but will also become boring much faster.
You mean MCX?
Old May 05, 2011, 12:12 PM
oyacteen is offline
Find More Posts by oyacteen
Registered User
oyacteen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelen View Post
Tim, they are not junk, they are toy grade.


oyacteen : if had much fun with your old toy heli, and want
progress to something with more controll spend a bit more
and get either a MSR or MCP

MCP will be easier to fly but will also become boring much faster.
MSR can keep you happy for a long time, but will take you longer
to learn to fly.
Thanks! Fantastic advice! Still a heli newbie, and that was pure english! THANKS!!!!

(P.S.) Is it a 4 channel?
Old May 05, 2011, 07:45 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugequark View Post
You mean MCX?
yes , sorry, meant the mcx ... :P

guess I was thinking of what I want for myself
Old May 05, 2011, 07:46 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyacteen View Post
Thanks! Fantastic advice! Still a heli newbie, and that was pure english! THANKS!!!!

(P.S.) Is it a 4 channel?
yes, both MCX and MSR are 4 channels.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:55 PM
oyacteen is offline
Find More Posts by oyacteen
Registered User
oyacteen's Avatar
Cool!!! But I sorta want something a little cheaper and RTF. These don't have transmitters, and I'm new to this. Anything else? :-)
Old May 05, 2011, 09:52 PM
flashkick is offline
Find More Posts by flashkick
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
flashkick's Avatar
the mcx comes as rtf doesn't it?
Old May 05, 2011, 11:01 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyacteen View Post
Cool!!! But I sorta want something a little cheaper and RTF. These don't have transmitters, and I'm new to this. Anything else? :-)
MCX and MSR are rtf

but you shold know that once you play with hobby grade
stuff, it will break more than toy grade. so you WILL have to
replace parts sooner or later.. (usually blades or tail booms)
Old May 06, 2011, 08:57 AM
oyacteen is offline
Find More Posts by oyacteen
Registered User
oyacteen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelen View Post
MCX and MSR are rtf

but you shold know that once you play with hobby grade
stuff, it will break more than toy grade. so you WILL have to
replace parts sooner or later.. (usually blades or tail booms)
Oh. That explains my 200+ flights out of my S107 without repairs, as opposed to my 50+ flights from my Esties. Lol, thanks. (I spelled that "Esties" wrog, I know)". So, between the two that I was deciding on originally (found at the top of this thread), what would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
Old May 06, 2011, 09:14 AM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyacteen View Post
Oh. That explains my 200+ flights out of my S107 without repairs, as opposed to my 50+ flights from my Esties. Lol, thanks. (I spelled that "Esties" wrog, I know)". So, between the two that I was deciding on originally (found at the top of this thread), what would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
between the two on the first post, i would suggest the mcx

they are both "4" chanles, but will give you a more "sloppy"
controll compared to mcx.

but as these are the options you gave, based on the pictures ONLY :
I WOULDN'T go with the one that has the two props used for left/right movement.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Syma S107 battery upgrade chemikal99 Coaxial Helicopters 338 Feb 25, 2014 12:15 PM
Question I have a Syma S107 (150mah battery) and a 400mah batt from walkera4#3Q alexdata Coaxial Helicopters 4 Apr 27, 2011 09:20 PM
Discussion transition from syma s107 -> blade mSR n00blet Coaxial Helicopters 16 Jan 20, 2011 08:34 PM
Discussion Syma S107 parts shipped from the USA? _pokey Coaxial Helicopters 2 Jan 09, 2011 01:22 AM
Help! Syma S107 elevation problem barely raise from the floor please help!!! mmum Coaxial Helicopters 5 Jan 05, 2011 09:56 AM