This thread is privately moderated by captaingeek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 04, 2011, 09:25 AM
master of the universe
Thread OP
Discussion

turnigy monster beatle

turnigy monster beatle
turnigy monster beatle (4 min 53 sec)
Last edited by captaingeek; May 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2011, 04:20 PM

Turnigy beetle

Man that thing looks awesome! I just ordered one and am looking forward to it. Have you done any mods to it and have you found any upgrade parts for it. If I wanted extra wheels and tires, what size would I go with? Also is that a 1/18 motor in that thing or is it 1/10?
May 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
master of the universe
Thread OP
Hi there. Thanks for the kind words. I've been having a lot of fun with it and its very sturdy.

Its just the brushless motor it comes with which as you can see is plenty of power and speed.

For mods the best thing you can do is install a beefier digital servo. I've been running the stock plastic so far but HK sent me a carbon gear servo as part of this project.

Other then that check the nuts on each wheel /axle before each session and think about applying some thread locker.

Other then that its great. still trying to figure out the best way to set the suspension as its adjustable.

You may want to grab a main gear but other then that this is one well built and tough RC buggy and very fast!
May 19, 2011, 05:12 PM
That awesome, thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply