Old May 02, 2011, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by superevan
Discussion

Simple HH Gyro for Yaw Sensing

I'm currently in the process of creating a diy head tracking system mimicking the setup seen here (http://www.starlino.com/rc_transmitt...lerometer.html). However I've run into a bit of a roadblock and could use some collective help.

In the link above you'll see he's using an accelerometer to calculate X and Y values that get converted and sent to the servos via the rx/tx. What I need is to sense the yaw, rotational movement of my head which the accelerometer doesn't do.

I've thought about using a rate gyro but that wouldn't do position sensing and would only dampen the movement, as it should.

So my big question is what's a good, simple way to either sense rotational position or convert the rate gyro signal to a crude heading hold?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've combed the web for a simple solution.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2011, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by HugePanic
German Engineering.......
WII Motion Plus --> 15/$ works easy with arduino