Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old May 09, 2011, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by village_idiot
Inciting Riots
Has anyone tried flaps on the Corsair yet?
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
These are sold out of NC for a reasonable price:

http://www.potomacdisplay.com/pd_cat...mt=826&tt=1029

Acrylic rod:
(San Diego, CA) http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Ple...st-Acrylic-Rod

1.25" thick 12"x12" sheet (they will cut it to your specs for free) $74...makes 9 - 4"x4" bases....
http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Ple...R1-250CCM12X12
Old May 09, 2011, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Has anyone tried flaps on the Corsair yet?
Dude, it's only been out for a week. Most of us have barely broken them in yet.
Old May 09, 2011, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by RICHF16
I picked one of these up yesterday.This thing is beautiful. It does seem to be a tiny bit tali heavy with the stock battery in it. I upgraded to the eflite 500 mah battery and it seems to do much batter.I am getting about 25 minute flight times too!

I have been playing with the radio to see where it flys the best at and I found if you put about 35% expo in the elevator it flies much smoother and is easy to make a nice landing. I also turned the ailerons up to 125% I really like this plane!
Old May 09, 2011, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by PepeM
Doesn't the instruction manual say not to set your servos to more than a 100% or they might be damaged? I'm not sure, I only have a DX5e.
Old May 09, 2011, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Looking4Grass in AZ
I'm pretty sure they can get stuck past 100%. If you want more throw, adjust your control rods closer to the control surfaces on the horns.
Old May 09, 2011, 10:51 PM
Inciting Riots
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Dude, it's only been out for a week. Most of us have barely broken them in yet.
And that is usually 5 days longer than it takes before someone changes it.
Old May 09, 2011, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Crazy Canuck
Sending mine back to my lhs due to elevator issues the elevator gets stuck and I loose control over it. I went to fly it today and the elevator stuck in the up postion and I just barley got it down in one peice. Also the ailerons seem to be a bit "sticky" meaning that when you bank the plane tends to stay in the roll too long despite me putting in opposite aileron. I had this problem with the mosquito too the aileron would stick and cause a spin that I can't stop and end up crashing(poor bird now looks like a bandaged plane)There seems to be a bad batch of servos coming out of PZ and wonder what the heck is happening!!! I find this plane I got hard to fly and seems to want to drop it's left wing alot. I even tried putting in more right aileron trim didn't seem to work. I'll just give it back and they been good in just handing me another one. I went through two mosquitos before finding a good one. MAybe this is the case with the Corsair.MMMMMMMMMMM
Old May 09, 2011, 10:52 PM
Inciting Riots
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeM View Post
Doesn't the instruction manual say not to set your servos to more than a 100% or they might be damaged? I'm not sure, I only have a DX5e.

I looked at the manual today and it does say that could happen.
Old May 09, 2011, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by bobly
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHF16 View Post
I picked one of these up yesterday.This thing is beautiful. It does seem to be a tiny bit tali heavy with the stock battery in it. I upgraded to the eflite 500 mah battery and it seems to do much batter.I am getting about 25 minute flight times too!

I have been playing with the radio to see where it flys the best at and I found if you put about 35% expo in the elevator it flies much smoother and is easy to make a nice landing. I also turned the ailerons up to 125% I really like this plane!
Had you already moved the control rods on the control horns? I would be very afraid of setting servo travel at 125% - just asking for trouble. I felt it needed more movement also, but moving the rods just one hole seemed to do it. It has 3 more holes to go though. You can more than double the movement with the control rods and gain quicker response in the deal.
Old May 09, 2011, 11:23 PM
Find More Posts by RICHF16
Yea I know they say not to but I figured if it sticks I will just set it back. I did try the other hole in the horn and it does make a big difference.
Old May 09, 2011, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by bobly
Move one hole in the horn makes a big difference, move it three holes and it makes a huge difference. And if it sticks, you will need to rebuild the plane before you set it back.
Old May 09, 2011, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
No Guts, No Glory!
RICH.... daaaang, I need to see that whoppin' 500 mAh lipo on your Corsair!!!

hey, could you snap a pic for me (us)?

I was considering the Hyperion 180 or 240 but never though of a 500!!
those flight time sound schweeeet!!

btw... is that an E-Flite lipo? if so, I just realized it has a different connector (JST?)... did you use an adapter or change the entire end of it?

-Mark

Quote:

Last edited by HuffDaddy; May 09, 2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: jst plug?
Old May 09, 2011, 11:54 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
I'm pretty sure they can get stuck past 100%. If you want more throw, adjust your control rods closer to the control surfaces on the horns.
RICHF16,

Setting the throws beyond 100% on a linear servo will make it bind, and will likely damage it over time. Says so right in the manual of every UM plane & heli they sell. Rotary servos can handle more than the 60 degrees of rotation that 100% travel provides. A linear servo's output arm can only move to the end of the track.

Besides - setting the throws to 125% on the tx decreases the resolution, which reduces precision. It's always best to adjust the throws mechanically.

Joel
Old May 09, 2011, 11:57 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
RICH.... daaaang, I need to see that whoppin' 500 mAh lipo on your Corsair!!!

hey, could you snap a pic for me (us)?

I was considering the Hyperion 180 or 240 but never though of a 500!!
those flight time sound schweeeet!!

btw... is that an E-Flite lipo? if so, I just realized it has a different connector (JST?)... did you use an adapter or change the entire end of it?

-Mark
Mark,

If you're looking for endurance, I suggest trying the Hyperion 320. Much lighter than the Eflite 500, and it provides more power; albeit not quite as much flight-time.

Joel